Credit cards - benefits

City100a

my credit card also gives free ride to airport and they spend about 300,000 to buy the vehicle for that purpose -_-

post-131345-0-21308600-1461239183_thumb.jpg [laugh]

not bad big and spacious

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Twincharged

my credit card also gives free ride to airport and they spend about 300,000 to buy the vehicle for that purpose -_-

attachicon.gif1,16.jpg [laugh]

not bad big and spacious

At least you got it free la. I still need to pay with my ez-link card....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

the joy rides to the airport is basically a novelty for me. I don't travel that much, probably 3-4 trips per year.

Anyway I live close enough to the airport to get a silent "tsk" each time I board the taxi at the Arrival hall.

Miles not my thing as well.

Ok will check out Citi Prestige next.

Thanks again for the feedback!

No prob. If you are not after miles, are you after cash rebates? Or other card features?

not bad big and spacious

Yours must be a bangbus lah...unlimited free "rides".

• Praise 1

not bad big and spacious

cannot stand it

show off

[laugh]

• Praise 1

No prob. If you are not after miles, are you after cash rebates? Or other card features?

Yours must be a bangbus lah...unlimited free "rides".

Cash rebates and airport lounge access will be more practical for me.

And it is kind of hard to cross the threshold to start paying for cc membership when I am used to having them waived off all the time. Those that refused to waive off no questions asked or have some "threat"/condition for waiver saying must charge a certain number of times in the next 3 months get cancelled immediately.

Starting to think that these premium cc are not for me. Or the other way around?

A peasant's mindset i guess. Lol

• Praise 1

Just get POSB Everyday card. Save the hassle and thinking...

Using this for almost everything. Approx 80-90% of all charges. Balance use Maybank CC esp in Boleh Land.

And it is kind of hard to cross the threshold to start paying for cc membership when I am used to having them waived off all the time. Those that refused to waive off no questions asked or have some "threat"/condition for waiver saying must charge a certain number of times in the next 3 months get cancelled immediately.

Starting to think that these premium cc are not for me. Or the other way around?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Just get POSB Everyday card. Save the hassle and thinking...

Using this for almost everything. Approx 80-90% of all charges. Balance use Maybank CC esp in Boleh Land.

Already have..... [:p]

POSB Everyday:

Use it to monthly charge for my Starhub and Utilities bills

Pay for shengsiong or watson/guardian purchase (can never remember which)

Maybank Family & Friends CC:

Use when going bohleh land.

HSBC Premier:

for groceries at NTUC/Cold Storage/Giant etc

for Shell petrol

DBS Esso card:

for Esso petrol

Just don't have one card that can replace it all.... :XD:

Turbocharged

I have not really done the sums for rebates/ cash back as the returns on miles always outweigh the rebates/ cash back for me.

For the Citi Prestige, check if there are vouchers in Citi's redemption catalogue that you will want and see if the points that they award with every annual fee paid warrants it with the with their free unlimited (+1 guest) priority pass lounge access. 

FYI, not all PP lounge access are the same. Some are unlimited and allow you to sign in 1 guest as well. Some are just 3 to 6 free entries per calendar or card annual fee annivesary. Some are unlimited and your supp card gets an unlimited card too.

Turbocharged

POSB Everyday:

HSBC Premier:

for Shell petrol

DBS Esso card:

for Esso petrol

Hard to (next to impossible) find a card that does everything. Banks are also evolving their game. 

Many transaction types are also being excluded.

A lot of terms and conditions are thrown in just to catch the careless cardholder when one of the many terms are not met and rebates/ miles are not awarded.

POSB Everyday:

HSBC Premier:

for Shell petrol

DBS Esso card:

for Esso petrol

What so good about this in malaysia?

I have not really done the sums for rebates/ cash back as the returns on miles always outweigh the rebates/ cash back for me.

For the Citi Prestige, check if there are vouchers in Citi's redemption catalogue that you will want and see if the points that they award with every annual fee paid warrants it with the with their free unlimited (+1 guest) priority pass lounge access. 

FYI, not all PP lounge access are the same. Some are unlimited and allow you to sign in 1 guest as well. Some are just 3 to 6 free entries per calendar or card annual fee annivesary. Some are unlimited and your supp card gets an unlimited card too.

After a terrible experience with Shittybank, I'll never go back to them. :D

What so good about this in malaysia?

dunnoe... really...haha

Just that when I first applied, got some good discounts for legoland...

and I assume their own bank CC should have better deals in their homeland?

:grin:

Say I pump full tank twice a month (80L total) at 1 dollar SGD. The rebate is 5% of 80 dollars which is 4 dollars.

Not really leh.

dunnoe... really...haha

Just that when I first applied, got some good discounts for legoland...

and I assume their own bank CC should have better deals in their homeland?

:grin:

Thats what i thought too haha. More privileges

But i got nightmare experience with maybank. Statement shows zero payable balance. But next statement i was charged for late charges and interest plus payable.

I was shocked and called numerous times and finally they waive off due to their mistake

I think the best credit card in sg is citi reward and dividend. I use it mainly for transactions. Petrol shell use citi dividend. Only watch movie use hsbc.

But till now i wonder which bank gives best exchange rate so we can use them at overseas

• Praise 2

Thats what i thought too haha. More privileges

But i got nightmare experience with maybank. Statement shows zero payable balance. But next statement i was charged for late charges and interest plus payable.

I was shocked and called numerous times and finally they waive off due to their mistake

I think the best credit card in sg is citi reward and dividend. I use it mainly for transactions. Petrol shell use citi dividend. Only watch movie use hsbc.

But till now i wonder which bank gives best exchange rate so we can use them at overseas

Citi dividend used to be good then they came up with all kinds of rules. First the min 50$ per transaction for rebate. Then the 888$ min spend. Even though it was my only card then, I seldom spend 888 per month so I cancelled it and got the DBS esso (for Esso) and POSB everyday card (for SPC).

• Praise 1

After a terrible experience with Shittybank, I'll never go back to them. :D

Your expectations too high boss.

We peasants can at least taste a bit of the good life.

PS when you mentioned shittybank are you referring to spermbank, blood bank or .... You know the two mentioned got no financial benefits. [laugh]

Your expectations too high boss.

We peasants can at least taste a bit of the good life.

PS when you mentioned shittybank are you referring to spermbank, blood bank or .... You know the two mentioned got no financial benefits. [laugh]

I think he meant the real shittybank

http://www.openbiome.org/

We are a nonprofit stool bank,  expanding safe access to fecal transplants and catalyzing research into the human microbiome.

Turbocharged

Citi dividend used to be good then they came up with all kinds of rules. First the min 50$ per transaction for rebate. Then the 888$ min spend. Even though it was my only card then, I seldom spend 888 per month so I cancelled it and got the DBS esso (for Esso) and POSB everyday card (for SPC).

I'm still using citi dividend, find it better now, every months lots of cash back for me compared to previous

↡ Advertisement