Credit cards - benefits

City100a

I'm currently trying to get my late fee and interest waived off at BOC after i forgot to pay the first month bill  [bigcry]

Should be ok one lah. 

Depending on banks, its one transgression every 6 / 12 months. 

I do find BOC credit card call centre staff quite friendly and helpful,

Edited by Blueray

Which CC best for Taobao purchase huh?

Now that they don't have enets option anymore damn sian about the 3% CC charge...... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

does alipay count as internet purchase? I'm not even sure.

Which CC best for Taobao purchase huh?

Now that they don't have enets option anymore damn sian about the 3% CC charge...... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Is this considered online purchase? Depends on whether you can hit the min spend or not...

Off the top of my head so please do your own due diligence: 

1. HSBC has one credit card with 2.5% rebate for all spend.

2. Standchart Singpost card is 7% off for online purchase

3. DBS live fresh has 5% off for online purchase as well as android pay (not sure about samsung pay). This promo is short term but has been extended for a very long time. Still no guarantees of whether or not it will continue

4. Citibank and Amex both have a card with 1.5% rebate for all spend. Standchart manhattan card also has a high rebate

SC also has a cashback card now. 1.5% for all spend, no minimum. Thinking of getting that.

Simple, no need to use brain  [dead]

Never use brain then you won't get as much cashback as you could have gotten lor.

Never use brain then you won't get as much cashback as you could have gotten lor.

kinda hard to get 600 dollars minimum spend consistently lah (excluding petrol)

Every year Just remember to call in for the fee waiver lah lol

Called amex for waiver... Told me can only waive 50% ... So I told them to cancel the card.

Is this considered online purchase? Depends on whether you can hit the min spend or not...

3. DBS live fresh has 5% off for online purchase as well as android pay (not sure about samsung pay). This promo is short term but has been extended for a very long time. Still no guarantees of whether or not it will continue

4. Citibank and Amex both have a card with 1.5% rebate for all spend. Standchart manhattan card also has a high rebate

Is the Stan Chart singpost rebate program still valid? I have it but put it in cold storage after collecting the free gift.... Edited by Ysc3

But which one has best forex rate? I know that hsbc has poor forex rate when i go malaysia. So give more rebate kinda useless when they rip u off at currency exchange

That time rate ard 3.15, hsbc charged about 3.05

But which one has best forex rate? I know that hsbc has poor forex rate when i go malaysia. So give more rebate kinda useless when they rip u off at currency exchange

IMO, forex rate changes every day. Hard to monitor and the best today might not be the best tomorrow.

Difficult to measure.

Is the Stan Chart singpost rebate program still valid? I have it but put it in cold storage after collecting the free gift....

Yes for online purchase.

• Praise 1

poor rate... never mind lah. Company pay.

rebate and point is mine.

^_^

but, I don't even know how to redeem my points. 

must have internet banking account, which I don't have.

Called amex for waiver... Told me can only waive 50% ... So I told them to cancel the card.

Is the Stan Chart singpost rebate program still valid? I have it but put it in cold storage after collecting the free gift....

Last year at car@expo in I think Sep/Oct, Amex convinced me to sign up. Got free AA membership, one bluetooth speaker, and he said Amex "realised nobody will pay for annual fees, so they scrapped it liao. Now no more fees..."

You mean he bluffed me??  [smash]

Anyway, i never felt it was attractive enough to use.

I used Manhattan card to pay for my car and maxed out the rebate, before paying the balance by cash. But the rebate is capped at $200 per quarter only...

Last year at car@expo in I think Sep/Oct, Amex convinced me to sign up. Got free AA membership, one bluetooth speaker, and he said Amex "realised nobody will pay for annual fees, so they scrapped it liao. Now no more fees..."

I used Manhattan card to pay for my car and maxed out the rebate, before paying the balance by cash. But the rebate is capped at $200 per quarter only...

LOL! Which Amex card did you sign up for?  Over the years, this is how they have progressed.  They used to waive my annual fee, then give me 50% discount on annual fee + give me points which I promptly converted to miles then one fine day decided to bill me 100%.  I told them I was returning the card.  Nasty CS bugger then told me I had to clear my balance immediately if I wanted to cancel, which I promptly did in the next 3 minutes with internet banking while I put him on hold.   [laugh]   

I think he wasn't used to such a response   :D

Mind you that their benefits were also steadily heading south with each year.  

Edited by Mason016

LOL! Which Amex card did you sign up for?  Over the years, this is how they have progressed.  They used to waive my annual fee, then give me 50% discount on annual fee + give me points which I promptly converted to miles then one fine day decided to bill me 100%.  I told them I was returning the card.  Nasty CS bugger then told me I had to clear my balance immediately if I wanted to cancel, which I promptly did in the next 3 minutes with internet banking while I put him on hold.   [laugh]   

TMD... he let me choose from a choice of dunno how many cards. I chose one and my wife chose another...

Lucky we haven't used it before (the rebates also not as good as other cards we have)... next time if they charge us, can cancel immediately without anything to pay up

Did you have a large balance?

Anyway, sometimes it is not the CS who is nasty la. It is the company SOP.

I got my amex when I was in Courts@tampines ... got the courts membership and the speaker also and some vouchers.

only used the card once to pay for a group dinner. but the promoter told me to call him when come to renewal...

anyway, I used my DBS card to pay the deposit for my new car ... and I was shocked to see that $10k can only get $20 restaurant voucher !!

guess the CS wasn't trained to handle elite towkays like yourself

:D

• Praise 1

poor rate... never mind lah. Company pay.

rebate and point is mine.

^_^

but, I don't even know how to redeem my points.

must have internet banking account, which I don't have.

U nvr redeem before? Wah must be alot can get free ticket to japan haha

U can try call them, redeem through phone if dun want create ibanking

↡ Advertisement