Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
158 replies to this topic | 53 praises

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:57 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone tried their service before? Is it quick and ok?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

Coder
  • Coder
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

average. but they have lounge with magazine, new paper etc. and shopping a bit. they will call u upon completed

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Musicfeast
  • Musicfeast
    Clutched
    Author Image

Autobacs? Expensive.... ? wink.gif

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

$98 buck for engine oil change and 12pts check.

the same price i paid for another shop at ex-eunos garage there.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

Musicfeast
  • Musicfeast
    Clutched
    Author Image

Pardon me.. What is 12pts check?

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

Dreamwerkz
  • Dreamwerkz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Pardon me.. What is 12pts check?

12 points check means checking other parts of your car such as your brake fluid level, radiator water level, transmission fluid, blah blah blah. Normally the mechanics don't check. Just a marketing gimmick.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

Darthkk
  • Darthkk
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Price is pretty resonable. How long will depends on when you send your car, best is when they just open for biz at around 11pm. Otherwise you will be in the queue and sometimes can be a few hours.

I usaully go to the bukit batok one, very busy, and the lounge CMI, nothing in there just a few sofa. I usaully leave my car there and go back to my office as it's nearby, and go back to collect it later.

However, I do feel bringing the car to a smaller workshop, the service is much more personal, the mechanic can remember your car and what he has done to it before. But my mechanic close shop so I LL send my car to autobac as not sure which workshop is good.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

Picanto
if bring own oil, how much?

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

Musicfeast
  • Musicfeast
    Clutched
    Author Image

lol.. I haven tried Autobacs as my impression of them is bad. But I guess it's still better than going to BM for servicing..

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:35 PM

Ethene
  • Premium member
    Ethene
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Damn i just paid $130 for a engine oil change and dunno what flush thing he did to my engine supposedly to 'clean' the engine.
Am i conned ?

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

Musicfeast
  • Musicfeast
    Clutched
    Author Image

Damn i just paid $130 for a engine oil change and dunno what flush thing he did to my engine supposedly to 'clean' the engine.
Am i conned ?

What engine oil did you use?

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

Ethene
  • Premium member
    Ethene
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What engine oil did you use?

i didnt go and ask. He told me its some synthetic engine oil or something?

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tried once many years back when they were Paya Lebar stretch ... nod.gif

Change my gearbox oil then but that mechanic whom attend to my ride overfills it by alot unsure.gif

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

lol.. I haven tried Autobacs as my impression of them is bad. But I guess it's still better than going to BM for servicing..

i think if u buy toyota now..they offer new customers an option to change engine oil at $90 every visit.

actually, its just change of engine oil, drain and refill...so i dont see why autobacs or anyone doing it will be bad. its sld be a basic skill for technician.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

Musicfeast
  • Musicfeast
    Clutched
    Author Image

i think if u buy toyota now..they offer new customers an option to change engine oil at $90 every visit.

actually, its just change of engine oil, drain and refill...so i dont see why autobacs or anyone doing it will be bad. its sld be a basic skill for technician.

5 months ago, when I purchased this 2nd hand Altis. 1 week before its warrenty was over, went over to BM.. Somehow they managed to persuade me to pay over $3XX on servicing.. Crap.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Tan Chong package is $200+ if i go next visit lor.....

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

BM servicing is really crap.Everytime I go,neva fail to disappoint me.UBI and Leng Kee branch all the same.After talking to a colleague of mine who own a Civic before,now a Insight,he said Kah Motor servicing much cheaper,the most 200 plus for major servicing.BM charged 368 for major servicing,everything tick and tick.don't know got check a not.I heard Tan Chong not bad,my uncle Cabstar now 40k on odo,send in still free servicing.

Edited by Passion, 17 November 2009 - 04:10 PM.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

buy crap and get crap service in return. Welcome to Crap Island.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Am i conned ?

Cleaning by flushing alone is not too good when overdone. Flushing if not wrong only for certain mileage only. Dun keep on flushing flushing and flushing everytime until your engine go kaput. More important to have regular oil change at half yearly interval at least even if mileage is low. Extended oil change interval is bull crap in Singapore context. Only believe in this if you are on long distance driving.

Edited by Kangadrool, 17 November 2009 - 04:21 PM.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

Clubace
  • Clubace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

BYO - 3 x $18 (Redline) + $6 oil filter + $20 labour charge small workshops. Some workshop charge $5 for oil filter and $15 for labour. Check out the maintenance folder

Edited by Clubace, 17 November 2009 - 04:54 PM.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users