Change engine oil at Autobacs?

Babyt

Damn i just paid $130 for a engine oil change and dunno what flush thing he did to my engine supposedly to 'clean' the engine.

Am i conned ?

Cleaning by flushing alone is not too good when overdone. Flushing if not wrong only for certain mileage only. Dun keep on flushing flushing and flushing everytime until your engine go kaput. More important to have regular oil change at half yearly interval at least even if mileage is low. Extended oil change interval is bull crap in Singapore context. Only believe in this if you are on long distance driving.

BYO - 3 x $18 (Redline) + $6 oil filter + $20 labour charge @ small workshops. Some workshop charge $5 for oil filter and $15 for labour. Check out the maintenance folder

Edited by Clubace

some ppl like me just dun dare to DIY ourselves....

DIY is fun if you dun mind getting your hands dirty.

As for used fluids just leave at any petrol station.

They will recycle it. Good for the environment.

Dun pour it down the drain.

i at times do at autobacs servicing

i bring my own oil as oil there either too exp or too lousy.

labour to change oil $10

labour to change oil filter $6

so at times i jus go if i need to do it on sun or those when other shops are closed.

buy there sure chopped

BM servicing is really crap.Everytime I go,neva fail to disappoint me.UBI and Leng Kee branch all the same.After talking to a colleague of mine who own a Civic before,now a Insight,he said Kah Motor servicing much cheaper,the most 200 plus for major servicing.BM charged 368 for major servicing,everything tick and tick.don't know got check a not.I heard Tan Chong not bad,my uncle Cabstar now 40k on odo,send in still free servicing.

Kah motor not cheap. My servicing cost me easily 200+ for minor servicing and up to 500+ for major.

Cleaning by flushing alone is not too good when overdone. Flushing if not wrong only for certain mileage only. Dun keep on flushing flushing and flushing everytime until your engine go kaput. More important to have regular oil change at half yearly interval at least even if mileage is low. Extended oil change interval is bull crap in Singapore context. Only believe in this if you are on long distance driving.

Thanks bro. You mind elaborate?

So until what mileage i clocked then it's ideal for flushing?

And lets say before my 6 months engine oil change interval, my engine oil runs low, is it ok for me to buy my own engine oil to add in without changing the entire engine oil?

i at times do at autobacs servicing

i bring my own oil as oil there either too exp or too lousy.

labour to change oil $10

labour to change oil filter $6

so at times i jus go if i need to do it on sun or those when other shops are closed.

buy there sure chopped

buy such stuff at any WS sure kena chopped one lah....