Change engine oil at Autobacs?

Babyt

Hi is changing oil at autobacs alot cheaper than nissan service center ? Mileage 20000km oil change is about $300 the last time i serviced my car at Bukit timah tan chong.

Omg, $300 for 20k servicing is ridicules. Any workshop would be cheaper than that..... if you are concern about your warranty, just bring your own oil and do the most basic at TC.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro, so we can bring our own oil & filter to Autobacs for servicing?

The labour charges are as you have stated above?

Thanks & Cheers! [thumbsup]

yes, if you BYO, it is $10 and $6 respectively for oil and filter change.

if you buy from autobacs the oil and filter, the labour is $5 and $3 respectively.

cheaper to BYO. $16 for changing EO+filter is quite cheap.

• Praise 1

I personally prefer to have a mech who knows you and your car. easier that way.

I am happy with a mechanic with half his knowledge.

Know my car can already, no need to know me. :D

1> It is not illegal to DIY

2> It is illegal to dispose of the oil improper. eg, discharge into drains as the oil may find its way to our water supply.

If I remember right, its illegal to DIY in public car parks (not all DIY but oil change and other non emergency repairs are illegal).

Its not illegal if you do it in your own yard.

• Praise 1

I heard several people not liking Autobacs. I go there only to the shopping part of Autobacs. DIY is good to learn about your car unless your car is difficult to change oil. Some cars are very easy.

• Praise 1

tan chong dont allow us to choose what to replace or check one right?

they die die want us to go for package A B C thingy...

• Praise 1

tan chong dont allow us to choose what to replace or check one right?

they die die want us to go for package A B C thingy...

u just do the minimum Package A lo.. that way can lock in ur car for the warranty..

eg. ur 40K.. u tell that u want package A instead of the usual package C..

then go to ur preferred workshop and change the rest of the oil like ATF etc..

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I currently drives a toyota harrier. It is approachin its 75k servicing soon. The last servicing I did at Star automotive was the most extensive servicing. I was wondering if star J1 package where they do 20 point check is worth it. It cost $228 excluding gst for my 2.4 litre car. The last comprehensive servicing i did sometime back cost me $498 excluding servicing.

I must say their servicing seems quite good and they have got ST kinetics as their parent company. But my concern is whether am I getting a good deal for the price I paid or rather am I getting good value for the money I paid?

Any feedback or comments welcome.

• Praise 1

$98 buck for engine oil change and 12pts check.

the same price i paid for another shop at ex-eunos garage there.

12 pts or si mi pts check is 骗人one lah.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I currently drives a toyota harrier. It is approachin its 75k servicing soon. The last servicing I did at Star automotive was the most extensive servicing. I was wondering if star J1 package where they do 20 point check is worth it. It cost $228 excluding gst for my 2.4 litre car. The last comprehensive servicing i did sometime back cost me $498 excluding servicing.

I must say their servicing seems quite good and they have got ST kinetics as their parent company. But my concern is whether am I getting a good deal for the price I paid or rather am I getting good value for the money I paid?

Any feedback or comments welcome.

you paid so much for no servicing done means you got CARROT-ED..

[knife] [knife]

ok.. jokes aside.. good deal or not good deal is subjective..

but for the price you paid.. it seems like you can get it done at Autosaver also..

[knife] [knife]

but for the price you paid.. it seems like you can get it done at Autosaver also..

Where is autosaver? The 20 point check includes servicing lah. I also think it's a bit pricey, so that's why wondering if there's a better deal elsewhere in the east..

[knife] [knife]

oops, I just realised my typo. I means excluding gst....not excluding servicing...hehe

not everywhere use Nissan CVT fluid....autosaver got use...tot of going there change.

Where is autosaver? The 20 point check includes servicing lah. I also think it's a bit pricey, so that's why wondering if there's a better deal elsewhere in the east..

u can search for their website via google..

got quite a few outlets..

by the way, i am not related to them.. :D