Change engine oil at Autobacs?

Babyt

Yes. There got heavy tax on imported parts to protect their own spareparts industry.

I prefer to get all my spares from SG as the quality seems much better too.

btw even for proton, i heard that the parts in singapore might be of better quality

there was once i went to Batu Pahat to repair (can be trusted cos my cousin is a car dealer in batu pahat)

the mechanic said that singapore parts are abit different in quality... seemed to be better...

↡ Advertisement

btw even for proton, i heard that the parts in singapore might be of better quality

there was once i went to Batu Pahat to repair (can be trusted cos my cousin is a car dealer in batu pahat)

the mechanic said that singapore parts are abit different in quality... seemed to be better...

Most manufacturers make "EXPORT" quality for overseas n its supposed to b the best quality.

Local sale ty use a lower qulaity but cheaper.

Most manufacturers make "EXPORT" quality for overseas n its supposed to b the best quality.

Local sale ty use a lower qulaity but cheaper.

so lucky singapore dun manufacture cars LOl

so lucky singapore dun manufacture cars LOl

WHY????

If SG happen to make or assemble cars, ty wil b much cheaper than what we r paying now. [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

I just had my Major Svc Done recently at a WS.

Change my EO to BP V7000, oil filter, New pairs of Front Brake Disc pad, Transmission oil, spark plug(last till next major Svc), check Batt, Air filter, coolant, wheel alignment check. All at $400/= After the change, can feel the pick-up more fluent and drive is more smoothe.

A nice decent job for a reasonable price.

[cool][drivingcar]

• Praise 1

WHY????

If SG happen to make or assemble cars, ty wil b much cheaper than what we r paying now. [dizzy]

then we get lousy parts LOL compared to export..

nah singapore government wont make cars la

WHY????

Agree that it might be cheaper than the prices now. Then again, part of the current prices are due to the increased value of the COE.

I just had my Major Svc Done recently at a WS.

Change my EO to BP V7000, oil filter, New pairs of Front Brake Disc pad, Transmission oil, spark plug(last till next major Svc), check Batt, Air filter, coolant, wheel alignment check. All at $400/= After the change, can feel the pick-up more fluent and drive is more smoothe.

A nice decent job for a reasonable price.

[cool][drivingcar]

Wah so cheap. I wil take 2. Maybe 3 even. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

then we get lousy parts LOL compared to export..

nah singapore government wont make cars la

We can always opt fr imported parts but pay more only. [nod]

Agree that it might be cheaper than the prices now. Then again, part of the current prices are due to the increased value of the COE.

Our cars price consist of so many types of taxes, ty wil need to write a book to list down all the different types. [speechless][furious]

Our cars price consist of so many types of taxes, ty wil need to write a book to list down all the different types. [speechless][furious]

think if manufacture in Singapore then sure got other additional cost to earn money from the manufacturer.. trust that from our government

think if manufacture in Singapore then sure got other additional cost to earn money from the manufacturer.. trust that from our government

U r right but normally locally made sud b cheaper cos then no tax to protect the domestic market.

End of the day u need to know whom you know and not what you know to look for in boleh land...if not forget it and say bye bye..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Wah so cheap. I wil take 2. Maybe 3 even.

What you mean huh <_<[confused]

Really worth the time and money or you mean I kena chop ? [knife]

[cool][rolleyes]

[cool][rolleyes]

Hahaha. No lah. For many its good.

For me I ......... [lipsrsealed]

I just went wh my fren to JB n he telling me he just send his Sylphy to 10K service abt $150.

I [shocked] . He ask me why?

I tell him my normal service is only $50 incl parts n labour. [laugh]

Hi guys,

Need help/ advise on this.

I was in JB over the weekend looking for workshop to do my regular servicing.

I come across this workshop that offer me this servicing package with engine oil brand "PETRO-CANADA".

Any bro/sis out there know/ heard about this brand? Apparently i was told by the car mechanic that this is a Premium brand/quality.

Appreciate your help.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

alright, Normal Svc ..... S$50 Incl. parts ... care to elaborate more ?

However, I did my Major Svc, include change of EO & Fliter, Transmission oil, New Front Brake Pad, Spark Plug(Last till next Major Svc). other's standard checking like Batt water, etc. all at $400/= <---- at this price, you mean I am being Rob (kena chop) [knife]

Pls put it plain, as I am just a newbie noob. [rolleyes][:p] So I believe you must be able to change the same thing like me and check at a great discount price say ... less than S$200 right ?, if so , pls PM me your WS lah, I like to ask them to do my next 10k Svc.

[cool][drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement