HooRay...... School Holidays Starts From Today

Picnic06-Biante15

because papa and mama die die must drop off their strawberry some say durian kids in front of school

causing at least 2 lanes occupied and people also anyhow cut in from most right lane

inconvenience all road users ... [thumbsdown]

its so obvious that what causes morning hr jam.

duno what can be done...

Regulate school operating hours? Start from 10am and end at 3pm. [idea]

Good timing and it doesn't affect my timing going to work and knock off from work. Lol.

Yesterday I queued at a dessert shop behind two Uni kids to buy something for my wife. The shop closes at 10pm and it was already 9.52pm.

Then suddenly from behind, a gang of a dozen friends of them cut in front and everyone yakked about what they wanted but nobody ordered.

The salesperson just stoned there and wait for them. I waited two minutes then gave up as none of them has made up his/her mind by the time I left.

[thumbsdown]

Luckily found another decent dessert shop nearby.

That's only the local ones..... [sly]

Still got those during his NS time attachment to the various countries at the age of 18. By now 'they' should be above 24....... :grin:

Thai schools end at about 4pm based on my conversation with a local.

But the traffic is still...

Regulate school operating hours? Start from 10am and end at 3pm. [idea]

ok.  mods on standby again for June, as you know...the regular IMH releases the INmates...hahah

@jman888 @bavarian @donut...standby keyboard...kekekeke

ERP rates, VEP hours to be adjusted for June school holidays

ERP rates for selected roads and expressways will be reduced for the June school holidays, while the VEP operating hours will be shortened, announced the LTA.

• Posted 23 May 2016 12:24
erp-gantry.jpgAn ERP gantry in Singapore. (File photo: Ngau Kai Yan)
  •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
      •  
      •  
        •  Email
        •  More
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

SINGAPORE: The Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) rates for selected roads and expressways will be decreased for the June school holidays, announced the Land Transport Authority (LTA) on Monday (May 23).

The revised rates will apply from May 28 to Jun 26, and will revert to pre-school holiday period rates from Jun 27.

erp-rates-1-data.jpg

erp-rates-2-data.jpg

The rates for other gantries will remain unchanged, added the LTA. The next review will take place in August for the third quarterly rate review of 2016.

SHORTER VEP HOURS FOR JUNE HOLIDAYS

The operating hours for the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) will also be adjusted during the June school holiday period, LTA said.

The VEP operating hours will end earlier at 12pm on weekdays from May 28 to Jun 26. Drivers of foreign-registered cars and motorcycles need not pay any VEP fees for the day if they drive into Singapore after 12pm and leave by 2am the following day on weekdays.

This is a part of ongoing initiatives to attract more foreign visitors to Singapore during the school holidays, said the LTA.

The VEP scheme was introduced to regulate the entry of foreign-registered cars and motorcycles into Singapore, and are usually charged from 2am to 5pm daily, except for weekends and public holidays. Drivers of foreign-registered cars and motorcycles can also enter Singapore for a maximum of 10 weekdays per calendar year without having to pay VEP fees under the 10 VEP-free days scheme.

If i work at Mcdonalds with overtime, take home about $1504 a month

can i afford a Honda Civic with VTEC?

how much must i budget for petrol a month if i pump 92 octane?

ok.  mods on standby again for June, as you know...the regular IMH releases the INmates...hahah

@jman888 @bavarian @donut...standby keyboard...kekekeke

• Praise 3

Woohoo...more siao langs coming our way! [laugh]

ok do us a favor and go away....handling you ALONE is equivalent to the whole brigade of siaoloangs  :XD:  :XD:

Supersonic

ok do us a favor and go away....handling you ALONE is equivalent to the whole brigade of siaoloangs  :XD:  :XD:

You know me, I aim to please. :D

As in making you plead "pleeease go away, cannot tahan oreddi lah!" [laugh]

If i work at Mcdonalds with overtime, take home about $1504 a month

can i afford a Honda Civic with VTEC?

how much must i budget for petrol a month if i pump 92 octane?

After holidays, sell your Honda with VTech ... :slow:

• Praise 1