Where to buy new front door for my 4A hdb flat?

Whyeme

my flat abt 20 yrs old liao

the front wooden door is cracking and peeling so thinking of changing

its fireproof i believe?

where to buy such doors at budget prices?

thks

↡ Advertisement

hi mate

Not sure if this is what you like. Ours had the same problem. I got fillers to fill in the cracks, after sanding down the rough surfaces due to peeling and removed the old paint, then repainted it, this time not the lacquer but paint. Ended up the door looked much better. Hope this might help (and save some money).

blessings

HDB has some guidelines on what is approved for such work. You may refer to for the list of can-dos.

Also, there is a list of approved contractors that you may wish to look at to ensure if things go wrong, you have some recourse for recovery.

HDB renovation

i dunno if this is found in the hdb website, but in future, if you sell your flat, you must put back the original stock door or a door of simillar properties.

if you are in no real hurry, can just sit and wait till one fine day when a neighbour changes his door to a fanciful one and then you grab the old one he throws away. no joke !! i did that for my old lock ... new one abt $100, so one fine day saw a front door being throw away, went down in the middle of the night and removed the lock and then changed the camlock for under $10 and got a working lock again.

neighbour spending 5Ok on renovation, workers are fr bolehland, friendly n polite.

earlier on was looking at their progress n talking with 1of them on the fire resisting main door.

he told me cost-w/out mark-up, is abt 2.5k, approved by gahmen authority.

i said how come so xpensive?

he said quality product, even hdb flat door with similar grade of fire resisitng door cost alone near 1k.

u hv to add price of lock on ur fav brand/type.

even kayu command value now a day [thumbsup]

Check your door for PSB sticker, if none, check whether your door consist of 3 layers, 2 wooden planks with fireproof material in between. If it is fire proof, it's $1200 inclusive PSB certification, door viewer, door locks and door closer, Indent takes a month. If it is normal wooden door, few hundred for the plain ones and few thousands for the designer ones.

↡ Advertisement