• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
322 replies to this topic | 31 praises

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hensony
  • Premium member
    Hensony
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Bros who have used this product, please advise. Is it really that good? Or is it another over-hyped product?

At $25 per piece, it is the most expensive MF towel I've seen so far. If it works as well as its ad, don't mind paying for it.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

Sparks
  • Sparks
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Bro, you should try Bro MD 20x40" drying towel. Almost double the size and much more absorbent.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:39 PM

Ixat
  • Ixat
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I have the Meguair Water Magnet. When used side by side with Maddetailer's WW MF towel, the Meguair one does not absorb as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

Mlee
  • Mlee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The 20x40" towel has great absorbency.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

Auditt
  • Auditt
    1st Gear
    Author Image

U never go wrong with MD big towel, drying is like a breeze plus price cheaper. I always keep two in my car.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

Hensony
  • Premium member
    Hensony
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Wow! It seems that MD MF towel is very popular with MCF. I shall get one for myself then. Thanks

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

Auditt
  • Auditt
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Get that big ones, more worthy plus now he has 10% off for dec.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

Davc
  • Davc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Stamford Tires has this fibershine, green colour drying towel. Better than Meg Water Magnet, cheaper too.

I bought a dozen, gave to friends and clients.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:31 AM

Fcuktion
  • Fcuktion
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I am using the Autogeek WW towel, happy so far. Its one for one now at AG.

Davc: Any recommandations for MF towels locally? Something plush, and not too expansive. The people at ChemicalGuys US seems to be like away for a bloody long holiday man, pre black friday ah. zz
My orders still not process, 5 days already. wtf.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:42 AM

Latioboy
  • Latioboy
    6th Gear
    Author Image

U never go wrong with MD big towel, drying is like a breeze plus price cheaper. I always keep two in my car.

Agree
Wah bro, u keep two in ur car?
I only have one.
One . the one and only one. stayed faithful to me for 2 years. Still using the same piece for 2 years, and absorbent rate as good as day one.

How does drying a car in 2 minutes sound? Thats how fast MD drying towel can dry a sedan size car. (:

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:48 AM

Mk1
  • Premium member
    Mk1
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Stamford Tires has this fibershine, green colour drying towel. Better than Meg Water Magnet, cheaper too.

I bought a dozen, gave to friends and clients.

can give me??? =X

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

Hensony
  • Premium member
    Hensony
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Two minutes to dry a sedan? That's impressive. Just checked with Benny. The outlet at MX Tradings got stock.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Krismas
  • Krismas
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I've bought one and would never buy it again.....nuff said.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:34 AM

Gilbs_m
  • Gilbs_m
    Clutched
    Author Image

Care to share what is this MD towel??? and where can buy it???

Cheers!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

Davc
  • Davc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I am using the Autogeek WW towel, happy so far. Its one for one now at AG.

Davc: Any recommandations for MF towels locally? Something plush, and not too expansive. The people at ChemicalGuys US seems to be like away for a bloody long holiday man, pre black friday ah. zz
My orders still not process, 5 days already. wtf.

Good thick ones will not be cheap, and expensive ones doesn't mean good for sure. But I'm not that particular about buffing towel.

I usually wait for sales and then buy in bulk, e.g.:

In October at Giant they have offer for microfiber cloth. 5 pieces for S$8.99, for the same thing Autobacs was charging S$22.00. So again I bought 5 packets.
Sonax wheel cleaner was selling for S$12.50 at Autobacs (50% discount), again I bought 3 bottles.

For rough use, Autobac has one huge piece at S$9.00, can cut into 8 smaller pieces......blue colour one.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

Curahee
  • Curahee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Use before, dun waste money, get MD drying towel better, cheaper and gd

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Auditt
  • Auditt
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Care to share what is this MD towel??? and where can buy it???

Cheers!

Look for Bro Maddriver or go to www.maddetaler.com. The towel is size 20x40", can be use as a bathing towel too.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:43 PM

Latioboy
  • Latioboy
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Two minutes to dry a sedan? That's impressive. Just checked with Benny. The outlet at MX Tradings got stock.

Yeap.

One swipe for the roof. den squeeze .
One swipe for bonnet, then squeeze.
One swipe for the side profile, then squeeze ( x2)
one swipe for the boot then squeeze.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

Jackson91
  • Jackson91
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I've bought one and would never buy it again.....nuff said.

You bought and would never buy it again, for which one? The Megs WW or the alternate one that guys are posting here which is from MD?
It's easy when you know how...

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:01 AM

Fcuktion
  • Fcuktion
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yeap.

One swipe for the roof. den squeeze .
One swipe for bonnet, then squeeze.
One swipe for the side profile, then squeeze ( x2)
one swipe for the boot then squeeze.

Wow than i would do my car in 30secs.
I dont squeeze my AG ww towels for my own car at all until when its all done. The towel still can absorb water for another few panels man! No streaking for me at least.

I like most things silk banded, i am more last years technology, now its like most is MF banded.
I have quite alot of chupalang LSP on it, FK1000P, Collinite 845 and Megs M16.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Meguiar, Water, Magnet, drying and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users