Does rocking/shaking your car allow you to pump more petrol?

Skateboard

wah! 10 more litres? how did u do it? wat car r u driving? and where u pump?

=============

Not only me. Many of the JB PPBC kakis get about the same. Just need to b patient. Last time my old Corona easier cos the filler hole straight down. Now my Optra got some baffle plate so must pump more slowly.

Old cars r easier to fill up.

Last time I pump at the Mobil opposite the Railway Station. Now the Mobil near Xtra(Giant) at Southern City.

↡ Advertisement

Whether rock or dun rock makes no diff to me...

I can pump abt 4 litres after click. Most I ever fit into tank is 53 litres (wish is 60 litre tank)

===============

Long ago I drive a Datsun 100A. 50 lit tank & I pump 49 lit. [shocked]

That time no 3/4 or 1/2 tank rule. Can go JB with empty tank. [thumbsup]

Guys you dun believe what i see this afternoon at about 5pm at ESSO sengkang,

A uncle is rocking/shaking his van in the kiosk :blink:

all the people in the kiosk is [sweatdrop] and [gossip] at him.

I dun believe that we can see them in SG.

=============

Not only me. Many of the JB PPBC kakis get about the same. Just need to b patient. Last time my old Corona easier cos the filler hole straight down. Now my Optra got some baffle plate so must pump more slowly.

Old cars r easier to fill up.

Last time I pump at the Mobil opposite the Railway Station. Now the Mobil near Xtra(Giant) at Southern City.

Yes we used to HATE the baffles. The older cars dun have, but the newer cars put in baffles to stop people from siphoning petrol.

Last time I can remember dad siphoning petrol from an old Austin Avenger (twin carb [thumbsup] ) to mow the lawns.

Then when people used to come into the petrol kiosk and pump diesel instead of petrol we siphon out for them - but if got baffles BIG headache - cannot get the hose into the tank [furious]

If it got baffles, easier to drain from below the tank. Hee.

I think there r other reasons than to prevent siphoning petrol for the baffle plate. maybe to prevent foreign objects from falling into the tank?

Nowadays they use jack to lift the car lol

Jack too slow,alot of JB Petrol stations got Wedge,look like those to stop Lorry rolling down...put the wheel reverse a bit,job done.

• Praise 1

Jack too slow,alot of JB Petrol stations got Wedge,look like those to stop Lorry rolling down...put the wheel reverse a bit,job done.

Why not put into empty detergent bottles. Then at least can get another 10-20L petrol hehehe

Why not put into empty detergent bottles. Then at least can get another 10-20L petrol hehehe

Cannot,wait Custom Check will get into trouble......maybe can get those spare fuel can that fit in the spare tire well,i saw a Mercedes Benz Cataloue got this product...it sit flush together on the spare tyre...

I am glad that there is a thread on this.

I ALWAYS rock my car when pumping in JB.  Can add 6 Litres more or 10% of my Carens tank.

It is the tilt to let the air bubble out.  

If you find it embarrassing that people find you a bit hardup.  Go find a Petronas station, many of their station flooring is slightly tilted away from the pump, so all the air in the tank can get out.

A SG Honda Fit ever install an electrical hydraulic jack to tilt up the car.

Another very good way is to pump while engine running, my carens tank has a recess valve to release pressure every 5~10mins.  When this valve open, it also let the air out.

Check your car fuel system, my Carens can pump to the brim as it is called a Returnless Fuel System.  The unused fuel is not return to the fuel tank.   

My previous ride Corolla, return fuel to the tank after injector, it heat up the fuel tank lor.  Does this method improve FC ??

Remember to rock the car in the left - right for maximum effect.

Edited by Apple-Tree

@Apple-Tree

You are very innovative.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think it's better that for your next MPV, you consider a more fuel efficient Toyota Wish / Avanza / Sienta or Honda Mobilio & save yourself the hassle 

• Praise 1

Oh yes.  If I got a Wish, I will still ROCK the car to make it more cost effective ...... haha....

Anyway, I have no worry if I end up in youtube or FB or STOMP.  It is a complement ......

If you ever see Tony Tan rocking his Jaguar in JB Petrol Kiosk ...... that is News !!! 

@Apple-Tree

You are very innovative.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think it's better that for your next MPV, you consider a more fuel efficient Toyota Wish / Avanza / Sienta or Honda Mobilio & save yourself the hassle 

Oh yes.  If I got a Wish, I will still ROCK the car to make it more cost effective ...... haha....

Anyway, I have no worry if I end up in youtube or FB or STOMP.  It is a complement ......

If you ever see Tony Tan rocking his Jaguar in JB Petrol Kiosk ...... that is News !!! 

If every S'pore Motorist like Apple-Tree,S'pore Petrol Companies close down.

↡ Advertisement