Does rocking/shaking your car allow you to pump more petrol?

Skateboard

What is the point of trying to squeeze so much petrol inside ah?

Petrol station don't have buffet leh, you pump 1L you pay 1L. You squeeze in extra 5L, also need to pay for the 5L, it's not free :mellow:

5L only enough for 1 day use...

Buy those fuel can and store inside your boot lah... one time pump extra 20-30L, when half tank liao refill at home  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

well, for my car, i know the max cap is 45 liters

so, as long as the meter on the pump says 45 liters, that is the max i will go.

no matter how much you shake, or rock, the car, the most you can squeeze in is another liter or two. (granted that you die die must fill that hose that leads to the tank as well.

what for?

not like squeeze liow the petrol is free.

2 liters, worse case is 6 KM, best case is about 30KM?

singapore is dotted with shitloads of pump stations. if you have to drive till bone dry to get to the next fillup, then that driver is an IDIOT!

even on the NSHW, about every 200KM, you can find a rest stop with petrol stations.

even a lorry guzzler that i used to drive, i managed to keep going all the way from SG to the border of hat chai without having to worry about running out.

So why need to shake and rock the car? it ain't gonna get a high or reach orgasm you know. [laugh]

Ha.. Hear say if they shake and rock the car long enough, the radiator might ejuculate white steam. Good for the engine.

• Praise 2

The fuel tank may not be like say a rectangular box shape. It might be like this...

spectra-premium-fuel-tank.jpg

Pockets of air might be trap within some of the irregular contours of the tank. So ppl rock and shake to let the air escape.

• Praise 1

hmm... no matter how you shake and rock the car, if the tank is 45 liters, the max you can squeeze is 45 liters. no?

ain't gonna be able to put 50 liters into a 45 liter tank loh

Absolutely true.

Those folks might as well bring a 20LJerrycan, said this is always in the car, just in case got lost, ran out of fuel, jerrycan is for emergency.

• Praise 1

Absolutely true.

Those folks might as well bring a 20LJerrycan, said this is always in the car, just in case got lost, ran out of fuel, jerrycan is for emergency.

Like that means can bring jerry can filled with petrol from JB to Singapore???  I doubt so if its legit  

Like that means can bring jerry can filled with petrol from JB to Singapore??? I doubt so if its legit

i have seen an uncle detained by custom officers for carrying a 1 litre bottle filled with petrol at our ciq. My bottle was checked and sniffed by the custom officers before......luckily mine was filled with h2o!

i have seen an uncle detained by custom officers for carrying a 1 litre bottle filled with petrol at our ciq. My bottle was checked and sniffed by the custom officers before......luckily mine was filled with h2o!

Reminds of one movie (can't remember the name) .. was it Dumb & Dumber or what?? there is this guy whom is driving and cannot tahan - bladder full ......pees into a water bottle ; whilst doing so his vehicle gets pulled over by a cop due to the way he was driving haphazardly; Cop see's that he is holding  yellow coloured liquid bottle and thinks driver has been drinking beer....... opens the bottle and ................. :a-confused:  :omg:     

• Praise 4

The fuel tank may not be like say a rectangular box shape. It might be like this...

spectra-premium-fuel-tank.jpg

Pockets of air might be trap within some of the irregular contours of the tank. So ppl rock and shake to let the air escape.

Can add a Vibrator to this fuel tank so that everytime its being filled, can auto shake? [:p]

But last time have a good time rocking and shaking in the car, after that start the car the fuel needle is indeed lower than before the rocking and shaking.

Twincharged

But last time have a good time rocking and shaking in the car, after that start the car the fuel needle is indeed lower than before the rocking and shaking.

Yep. I think cuz of the shape. My car's fuel tank also. After pumping, if you leave it there for like 15-20min, the needle will slowly drop even with the engine off. So I guess rocking and shaking makes that process faster.

• Praise 1

filling to the brim may well damage the fuel tank system, at least that's what my car manual say so.

So, I'll just stop on first "click".

Two cents.

Unlikely to cause damage because

1) cars here can be kept for max 10 years only anyway unless you renew coe

2) I do this in jb only meaning that after pumping I still need to drive athe least 10 km to cross border to singapore which means within a short time the fuel will not be at brim

3) but I do agree to damage to paint work but again, revert to point 1.

Two cents

Edited by Philipkee

For my Carens, on the first tick, I would have missed out 12~13 Litres for my 60L rated tank lor.

I would continue to slow fill 6L for about 2~3 mins.  

Then another 6L rocking.

All in all 10mins for this 12L.  

filling to the brim may well damage the fuel tank system, at least that's what my car manual say so.

So, I'll just stop on first "click".

Singapore Also "Boleh" anything in the small tin can of whatever 50L-60L capacity

We are the best "goyang-ers" (shakers)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2