Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
66 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Guys,

I have some worn out spot on my stock leather steering wheel and thinking to re-wrap it, any recommended leather shops with good workmanship?

Will the quality as good as the stock wrapping?

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

Dennisk
  • Premium member
    Dennisk
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I just went to 8 cushion to enquiry about my steering wheel also. They do steering wheel re-wrapping.
Bravo Italia!

2004-2007- Mazda 323

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I just went to 8 cushion to enquiry about my steering wheel also. They do steering wheel re-wrapping.

Do you know what is the price they charge you for wrapping the whole steering wheel? Any selection of leather material and how is their workmanship?

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Brother, just to let you know that I have check with 8 cushion and the charges is $200 and take around 2 days.

Probably I will stick with JackSpeed as they offer cheaper price and faster time for completion.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

was told that a shop in jb does steering wrapping for only rm150, myself yet to try it out.
so can't give reviews.

so far, received many positive feedback from matrix users, who wrap their seats and steering
bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

was told that a shop in jb does steering wrapping for only rm150, myself yet to try it out.
so can't give reviews.

so far, received many positive feedback from matrix users, who wrap their seats and steering

The positive feedback is from JackSpeed or other shops?

I know there are many leather upholstery shops out there like Tomo Leather, Regency Leather and 8 cushion etc but just not sure how are their workmanship like?

As it is pointless to change the whole steering wheel at a cost of $2K or more just for scratches or worn out leather portion on the steering wheel.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Dennisk
  • Premium member
    Dennisk
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What kind of leather or material they quoted you? i was quoted 200 plus for alcantara. how much did jackspeed quote you?
Bravo Italia!

2004-2007- Mazda 323

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What kind of leather or material they quoted you? i was quoted 200 plus for alcantara. how much did jackspeed quote you?

They quoted me $190 as it was based on normal type of leather cos I want it to be similar to the stock type.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

Shanhz
  • Premium member
    Shanhz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

yes, that's the same price they quoted me... normal jap ride...

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:20 PM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

yes, that's the same price they quoted me... normal jap ride...

Ya, I think I will go for it as I have heard many positive comments about JackSpeed workmanship.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:09 PM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I have finished my re-wrapping of my steering wheel by JackSpeed yesterday.

Overall, I am very pleased with their workmanship like the stitching etc. As for the material, I have chosen a cheaper material which is thicker and feels more rough compared to the original material which is very smooth.

In terms of handling on gripping the steering wheel, the rough material feels easy on the gripping compared to my stock material which might be slippery at times.

JackSpeed workmanship indeed is good. thumbsup.gif

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

B_73_m
  • B_73_m
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i wanna wrap mine as well. will probably drop by jackspeed! thanks. :)

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:03 AM

Dennisk
  • Premium member
    Dennisk
    5th Gear
    Author Image

can post some pics for us to see?
Bravo Italia!

2004-2007- Mazda 323

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

can post some pics for us to see?

Hi, please find below the close view of the stitching done by JackSpeed.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

Dunno
  • Dunno
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If it takes 2 days to wrap the steering wheel, that means you have to leave the car there for 2 days? Do they have T-loan steering wheels for you to use first? tongue.gif

Email: dunnounme@yahoo.com.sg

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

Goldenglory
  • Goldenglory
    Clutched
    Author Image

Go Classic Auto Leather at Ubi - Strongly recommended lady boss is friendly -- Take 1 day from morning till 6pm .. good workmanship and worry free
Cheer!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If it takes 2 days to wrap the steering wheel, that means you have to leave the car there for 2 days? Do they have T-loan steering wheels for you to use first? tongue.gif

No lah, JackSpeed do not need 2 days for the leather wrapping. I left my car there around 9am and take car back at about 6pm too.

I have check with 9 Cushion and other companies, they need at least 2 days and need to leave car there unless you have spare steering wheels.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

Cashgoh
  • Premium member
    Cashgoh
    Clutched
    Author Image

so can't give reviews.

do you have the above mention shop address?

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

Shanhz
  • Premium member
    Shanhz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

good FR on the jackspeed... photo looks gd. i sure will get mine done there...

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

Limck007
  • Premium member
    Limck007
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi, please find below the close view of the stitching done by JackSpeed.

good workmanship leh.. the stitches are close and well hidden leh

can share ur dmg ??

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users