Re-Wrap Leather Steering Wheel

Tas0577

Guys,

I have some worn out spot on my stock leather steering wheel and thinking to re-wrap it, any recommended leather shops with good workmanship?

Will the quality as good as the stock wrapping?

↡ Advertisement

I just went to 8 cushion to enquiry about my steering wheel also. They do steering wheel re-wrapping.

Do you know what is the price they charge you for wrapping the whole steering wheel? Any selection of leather material and how is their workmanship?

I just went to 8 cushion to enquiry about my steering wheel also. They do steering wheel re-wrapping.

Brother, just to let you know that I have check with 8 cushion and the charges is $200 and take around 2 days.

Probably I will stick with JackSpeed as they offer cheaper price and faster time for completion.

Supercharged

was told that a shop in jb does steering wrapping for only rm150, myself yet to try it out.

so can't give reviews.

so far, received many positive feedback from matrix users, who wrap their seats and steering

was told that a shop in jb does steering wrapping for only rm150, myself yet to try it out.

so can't give reviews.

so far, received many positive feedback from matrix users, who wrap their seats and steering

The positive feedback is from JackSpeed or other shops?

I know there are many leather upholstery shops out there like Tomo Leather, Regency Leather and 8 cushion etc but just not sure how are their workmanship like?

As it is pointless to change the whole steering wheel at a cost of $2K or more just for scratches or worn out leather portion on the steering wheel.

What kind of leather or material they quoted you? i was quoted 200 plus for alcantara. how much did jackspeed quote you?

They quoted me $190 as it was based on normal type of leather cos I want it to be similar to the stock type.

yes, that's the same price they quoted me... normal jap ride...

Ya, I think I will go for it as I have heard many positive comments about JackSpeed workmanship.

I have finished my re-wrapping of my steering wheel by JackSpeed yesterday.

Overall, I am very pleased with their workmanship like the stitching etc. As for the material, I have chosen a cheaper material which is thicker and feels more rough compared to the original material which is very smooth.

In terms of handling on gripping the steering wheel, the rough material feels easy on the gripping compared to my stock material which might be slippery at times.

JackSpeed workmanship indeed is good. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

If it takes 2 days to wrap the steering wheel, that means you have to leave the car there for 2 days? Do they have T-loan steering wheels for you to use first? [:p]

If it takes 2 days to wrap the steering wheel, that means you have to leave the car there for 2 days? Do they have T-loan steering wheels for you to use first? [:p]

No lah, JackSpeed do not need 2 days for the leather wrapping. I left my car there around 9am and take car back at about 6pm too.

I have check with 9 Cushion and other companies, they need at least 2 days and need to leave car there unless you have spare steering wheels.

so can't give reviews.

do you have the above mention shop address?

↡ Advertisement