Re-Wrap Leather Steering Wheel

Tas0577

Hi, please find below the close view of the stitching done by JackSpeed.

good workmanship leh.. the stitches are close and well hidden leh

can share ur dmg ??

good workmanship leh.. the stitches are close and well hidden leh

can share ur dmg ??

Brother, the price is only $190 which is cheaper than a few leather shops I asked around.

Guess their workmanship not as good as JackSpeed.

Just hijack this thread for awhile , anyone knows where I can get these leather material?? Have some diy job I wanna do but no idea where to get them.

==========

Try to buy from cobbler. Those who repair shoes. I see ty always hv some leather pcs around.

I have finished my re-wrapping of my steering wheel by JackSpeed yesterday.

Overall, I am very pleased with their workmanship like the stitching etc. As for the material, I have chosen a cheaper material which is thicker and feels more rough compared to the original material which is very smooth.

In terms of handling on gripping the steering wheel, the rough material feels easy on the gripping compared to my stock material which might be slippery at times.

JackSpeed workmanship indeed is good. [thumbsup]

Good stuff. [thumbsup] Juz curious, did they hv to remove the steering wheel to do that?

Enquired at Tomo last time and they told me they cannot guarantee that the airbag will still work after they remove the steering and asked me to sign an indemnity for that. Thot WTF? [confused]

Neutral Newbie

i done mine in jackspeed too.

cheap and good and fast. but...comparing to original leather steering wheel, there is no match. maybe i should not compare because the cost is 1/10.

the original leather steering wheel uses sheep leather which is very smooth and fine. as far as i know, all local shops are using calf leather (various grades).

Neutral Newbie

sorry to hijack but does anyone know where to get this kind of Steering Wheel Wrap locally?

31V0QAB2R3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Found my current wrap years ago at some petrol station and have not been able to find any replacement since. Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Ya, Classic Auto is quite good. I heard read quite a few good reviews on this shop.

Classic Auto Leather Reviews & Some pic

Cos' I want to do my leather seat after getting my year end bonus.

I did my leather seats with Classic. Price competitive, lady boss service level good. :D

However workmanship not to my standard..room for improvement IMO. [lipsrsealed]

Good stuff. [thumbsup] Juz curious, did they hv to remove the steering wheel to do that?

Enquired at Tomo last time and they told me they cannot guarantee that the airbag will still work after they remove the steering and asked me to sign an indemnity for that. Thot WTF? [confused]

Yes, they have to remove the steering wheel to re-wrap the leather and JackSpeed has the award for dismantling the airbag steering wheel as I saw such award at their showroom cabinet.

Definitely, your airbag will still work after they re-wrap your leather steering wheel as many local agents like Tan Chong has used them before as their leather seats and steering wheel wrapping service.

Guest EverestLeasing
Neutral Newbie

I see. For me, I find the workmanship, quite ok. Maybe I never ask for much.

Bro, maybe next time if this time of situation, you can feedback to them.

Cheers...

Ya, Classic Auto is quite good. I heard read quite a few good reviews on this shop.

Classic Auto Leather Reviews & Some pic

Cos' I want to do my leather seat after getting my year end bonus.

Level of service is there. [thumbsup] . Trust you wouldn't get it else where.

leather material used and workmanship is good. Price wise, slightly higher than those shop mentioned in the forum but don't feel like given them business after talking to this ppl over the phone..

i did mine with Tomo leather sometime back,workmanship is gd and so is the price as its a GB.took half a day to complete but have to wait for appointment scheduled.

if you are interested let me know i still have their contact

↡ Advertisement