Baby Car Seat Advice

Thargor

my kiddo is with cordlife.... to us, cord blood banking is like insurance. Cost 250 a year. Not very ex so we signed up. Also, the blood can be used for siblings too (touch wood). We did some research between the two cord blood banks and decided with cordlife and they are always investing in research which is good. The other seems to be more contented with just storing blood.

I remember cordlife have this promo thing where by if you choose to pay the yearly premiums in block, they will waive off a few years for free.

eg: If you pay in full, the premiums 3 years is not charged. Something along this line

↡ Advertisement

Alternatively, you can also sign up with Singapore Cord Blood Bank which is free. Difference being, you are donating to the public cord blood bank and you are not guaranteed that your kid will get to use his his/her own cord blood when comes a time in need, but anyone with a match can use it.

Signing up for the public bank also requires an early application with some preconditions and family health screening.

Bro Thargor, may i know when is ur baby's EDD? Next yr rite? Same 2....

I'd be reusing an available basket baby seat from my ILs.... now juz looking ard for the toddler one.....

Any ideas when mothercar or kiddy palace normally have sales? Maybe can plan for this next yr. For now, i'll be holding out all purchases on impulse. Dun even know gender yet [:p]

Hehe bro, me will keep you inform if I know of any sales anywhere :) My baby is due next yr end Feb :wub:

my kiddo is with cordlife.... to us, cord blood banking is like insurance. Cost 250 a year. Not very ex so we signed up. Also, the blood can be used for siblings too (touch wood). We did some research between the two cord blood banks and decided with cordlife and they are always investing in research which is good. The other seems to be more contented with just storing blood.

I remember cordlife have this promo thing where by if you choose to pay the yearly premiums in block, they will waive off a few years for free.

eg: If you pay in full, the premiums 3 years is not charged. Something along this line

Hmm I am thinking of StemCord...any feedback on the bank? ^_^

get a combi cocorro. roughly around 360 at isetan. The good thing is that it can be used till the kid is 18kg or approx 4years old. There is an insert that makes it smaller for new borns. Also it can be rear and forward facing. and this is the most compact Convertible Seat(rear and forward facing) that i have seen. If you frequently move the seat around, you will be thankful that you bought this. Other convertible seats are bulky and difficult to fit and remove.

This seat is also useful if your car has a 3poitn seatbelt in the middle, so you can place the 2 combi side by side the the adult sits at the side. with other convertible car seats no way you can do this.

Hmm I am thinking of StemCord...any feedback on the bank? ^_^

stemcord is cheaper but cordlife is accredited ... and when cordlife singapore collapse, they can transfer you to other bank... for stemcord, i think it's more difficult

then look out for referral prog and also vouchers to offset ..

personally, i have chosen cordlife

My advise is forget about how much it cost.

baby/child seat are not made equal. Just because it is most expensive doesn't means it offers the best protection or even moderate.

Do google for their crash test results done by independent party like nhtsa.gov

Do also read about advise given on many child seat website on using old or 2nd hand seats. and when they should be replaced in an accident.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/chi...traintReUse.htm

my personal take is this. I don't go for all in one that can last until many many years. I kiasu kiasi, will it last so long? if the fabric gets worn over the years, tear etc, replacement spares still can find?

I used 1 infant up to 1 year,

then another up to 4 years,

another for 4 yrs and up & so on.

if we can lose so much $$ changing car every 3 years or so.

How much is a child seat going to cost us?

some splurge on vanity and skimp on safety

lastly buying a correct seat is 1/3 the equation, the other 2/3 is correct fit for the car and installation.

http://babyproducts.about.com/od/carseats/...seat_errors.htm

hope this helps

Dear bros/sisters,

Thanks once again for the good advice. We decided to take the advice and got a newborn car seat (up to 13kg). :wub:

Next mission...baby stroller. It's most like a capella...looking at model 705 or 707...looks really comfortable :wub:

post-48324-1260756463_thumb.jpg

Dear bros/sisters,

Thanks once again for the good advice. We decided to take the advice and got a newborn car seat (up to 13kg). :wub:

Next mission...baby stroller. It's most like a capella...looking at model 705 or 707...looks really comfortable :wub:

For Stroller, please consider if you are going to have more children after that. cause if you are, its worth it to invest in a sturdy one. If not. a normal Capello will do. Seriously, we will abuse the Stroller badly.

For Stroller, please consider if you are going to have more children after that. cause if you are, its worth it to invest in a sturdy one. If not. a normal Capello will do. Seriously, we will abuse the Stroller badly.

Hmm any brands to suggest bro? Reasons to consider Capella...the cushion is very comfortable..and roomy..and the wheels are big enough to provide stability..the handler is forward/backward...full canopy...big underbasket...and it can be singlehanded (not too heavy also) by my wife if she's out with baby alone. price is pretty decent at 350++ after discount.

Look at quite a few Combi stroller...wifey and I dont quite like it...and not even considering maclaren after the recall.

hi bro,

go to shunli industrial park u should be able to get some good deals....alot of baby products there at kaki bukit.

Thanks bro...we got the maxi-cosi newborn car seat there [laugh]

Should be getting the stroller in Tangs...the capella price is fixed...unless there's in store discount (Singtel member discount).

Hmm any brands to suggest bro? Reasons to consider Capella...the cushion is very comfortable..and roomy..and the wheels are big enough to provide stability..the handler is forward/backward...full canopy...big underbasket...and it can be singlehanded (not too heavy also) by my wife if she's out with baby alone. price is pretty decent at 350++ after discount.

Look at quite a few Combi stroller...wifey and I dont quite like it...and not even considering maclaren after the recall.

Capello is not bad. But make sure you buy those sturdy one if you intend to use for more than 1 baby.

Hi Bros and Sisters,

I am in the midst of sourcing for a baby car seat for my daughter next year. Any good brands to recommend? I am looking for those that can be inclined horizontally for newborn and can be converted to todder car seat. Wife told me she spot this car seat that is suitable for new born all the way to 7 years old...around 800 bucks.

I am just thinking, should I get one that cater from newborn to 2 years old (think can get a decent one for below 400)...when my girl is older i will get another bigger one (shld be able to get a decent one below 400). The price will add up to the 800 bucks one too.

Appreciate any tip and experience shared on the above, many thanks! [laugh]

hoho, I'm also having another daughter next year.

congrats to both of us!

You will need a basket for newborn until about 1 yr old

after that a childseat should be good until 4 - 5 yrs.

then perhaps a booster seat.

Cant remember the brand i bought.

will try to remember to go take a look tomorrow and let you know

It's German made and the price is fair.

Simple and easy to use.

very good quality

no fuss.

hoho, I'm also having another daughter next year.

congrats to both of us!

You will need a basket for newborn until about 1 yr old

after that a childseat should be good until 4 - 5 yrs.

then perhaps a booster seat.

Cant remember the brand i bought.

will try to remember to go take a look tomorrow and let you know

It's German made and the price is fair.

Simple and easy to use.

very good quality

no fuss.

Hehe wow congrats to you Sir! When is your princess due? My princess is due next yr end Feb. Hehe I already gotten a Maxi-Cozi infant/newborn car seat. For stroller, we will most likely get a capella!

By the way there's isetan private sales today...hehe wifey going to get quite a number of stuff there today [laugh]

I saw one at Kaki Bukit baby hypermarket where the newborn car can be attached to the stroller... ard 600++

how about those tri-wheelers? i find those are easier to manuver rather than the 4 wheelers..

Saw a great deal of Maclaren there... one thing i dun like for them is their design very upright...

What are ur comments?

I saw one at Kaki Bukit baby hypermarket where the newborn car can be attached to the stroller... ard 600++

how about those tri-wheelers? i find those are easier to manuver rather than the 4 wheelers..

Saw a great deal of Maclaren there... one thing i dun like for them is their design very upright...

What are ur comments?

Maclaren are meant for babies 6 months and above as they can't recline and most models has no front bar on it. However, they still do have a few models for newborns but they are hard to find here.

↡ Advertisement