Car Reverse Camera

Bladerunner

Since my GPS has an AV in jack, I have just fitted a small CMOS reverse camera (bought from Dealextreme).

It is working well when the engine is off, but once the engine is started, after about 10-15 secs there will be some static on the screen and then the video signal will be lost.

I have tried running another RCA cable outside the car but theres no improvement, so after some reading up online, I am wondering if I need to install a 12v power filter (like the type used for ICE) to the power wire ? I tapped power from the reverse light bulb holder.

How much does a small 12v filter cost, suppose best place to get is Sim Lim Tower ??

Thks in advance for any help.

↡ Advertisement

Hi.. pardon for tagging on this thread. I'm a newbie to this forum.

Got some questions... I'll be collecting my ride this week and thinking of fixing reverse cam with GPS, as my ride does not come with both.

Is it possible to integrate the reverse cam to be shown on the GPS monitor? or do I have to fix 2 separately?

My new ride (QQ+2) does not have a DVD touch screen. Would it be a better option to replace the stock 2-din head unit with a DVD unit together with GPS and reverse cam?

I'm afraid if i fix a new one, it will not be compatible with the steering wheel controls.

Will the re-wiring cause any damage to the steering wheel controls cos' it has cruise-control too.

Sorry for asking so many questions but hope to get some answers here. Thanks in advance! [wave]

Hi.. pardon for tagging on this thread. I'm a newbie to this forum.

Got some questions... I'll be collecting my ride this week and thinking of fixing reverse cam with GPS, as my ride does not come with both.

Is it possible to integrate the reverse cam to be shown on the GPS monitor? or do I have to fix 2 separately?

My new ride (QQ+2) does not have a DVD touch screen. Would it be a better option to replace the stock 2-din head unit with a DVD unit together with GPS and reverse cam?

I'm afraid if i fix a new one, it will not be compatible with the steering wheel controls.

Will the re-wiring cause any damage to the steering wheel controls cos' it has cruise-control too.

Sorry for asking so many questions but hope to get some answers here. Thanks in advance! [wave]

I would not recommend integration between the GPS, reverse cam, and head unit as its too cluttered and you cant see music playlist while driving.

As another brother mentioned its a little too late but the best way out would be to get a proper standalone GPS with reverse camera input, then wire up the cam from there.

You might lose steering wheel audio control, but as far as I know cruise control systems are separated from the wheel audio buttons, rewiring should not disrupt anything.

I would not recommend integration between the GPS, reverse cam, and head unit as its too cluttered and you cant see music playlist while driving.

As another brother mentioned its a little too late but the best way out would be to get a proper standalone GPS with reverse camera input, then wire up the cam from there.

You might lose steering wheel audio control, but as far as I know cruise control systems are separated from the wheel audio buttons, rewiring should not disrupt anything.

Thanks AceofproZ for the info and recommendation! :D

I am thinking of getting a standalone GPS with reverse cam too, as I'm not very into car ICE (understand it's highly poisonous too!! [:p] )

By the way, any recommendations of good GPS + reverse cam and reputable shops selling + install, from bros here?

Sorry TS for "hijacking" this thread... but I guess any info from bros here will be valuable for future newbies like me. [;)]

Welcome and yes ICE is highly poisonous, but you have to choose between that and performance! hard to find budget to do both.

I only recommend garmin GPS as they were the first and are quality over the other brands. Am on my second now and its not failed me yet. Others like holux do have better view as they have "streetview" or SLA maps built in. This largely depends on the software combination you get on purchasing the GPS set. Installation is DIY and very simple also, you can tap your ciggie or tap from behind the dash.

Try to go around price hunting... i have found searching the major haunts does help. Try not to rush the purchase - some retailers up their price from average solely based on the map sold with the set. Expect to pay a premium for having the video-in capability to a GPS.

Happy hunting bro.

yes, itll work at night to an extent as your reverse lights illuminate the backup.

I got one at kaki bukit techpark with built in night vision.. no need reverse light to illuminate.. can see clearly thru the cam video.. only cost $88.. swee.. [cool]

I got one at kaki bukit techpark with built in night vision.. no need reverse light to illuminate.. can see clearly thru the cam video.. only cost $88.. swee.. [cool]

wow... so cheap sia!

plus install all included ? [cool]

Thanks again!

Will be hunting around this week... where will be a good start (major haunts)? Sim Lim? or the ICE shops at Ubi?

Would personally do sim lim and funan. :)

Got the reverse camera hook up to my HU by an audio shop last week.

Reverse camera will engage (show up in HU LCD screen) only in reverse gear with parking line guides.

But sometimes in reverse gear, LCD screen will be black screen with only parking line guides.

This happens intermittently (which makes it difficult for me to explain/demo to installer), once out of five, six times.

I have experienced 2-3 times now.

Any idea what can be wrong? loose wiring?

Camera is CCD lens, no problem showing night view when it is working.

(I am going back to audio shop to get them check further but gather some ideas before getting down).

Anyone know where can i get a decent reverse camera & screen for Kia Cerato?

IMG_1238.jpg

T-M400-00.jpg

Latest Model!! 4 inch Digital LCD Monitor with Suction Pad

1. 4'' Digital Car LCD with Windscreen Suction Pad and dashboard holder

2. Led Backlight

3. OSD Menu(Brightness,Contrast,Color,Language)

4. 2 RCA AV Input

Digital 4inch color TFT LCD monitor

2AV inputs for rearview /front view or side view camera

Display Pixels:640*480

TV system:PAL/NTSC auto switchable

Operating power:DC12V

Current consumption:3W(MAX)

Operation Temperature:-10

↡ Advertisement