VTTR Brake rotors and calipers....

Ken4555

We can spent those money on bodykits that serve no practical purpose why not on a brake set that looks good and enhance safety?

That why I consider it money well spend.

VTTR all 1 pc that why not so ex.

Try ATS, no regret buying that. Very good finishing.

agreed... but worried hoses leak lah... OEM safest... Best for safety is actually just change better pads... but looks no difference lah... hahaha [:p]

Edited by Ken4555

303mm got 2 pcs type..

the gal say 16"can fit in 324mm?? can, but just the rotor only lor, no calipers. Do sales but don't know the products... :wacko:

16" can go up to 303mm and depends on offset and the rim design. For my case, I cant fit due to my 16" rim design unless put spacer. But some having 15" can fit in without spacer.

yes rims make a difference... so i am hoping my 16" RM rims... can fit 304mm k-sport... and k-sport calipers shape abit like ENDLESS but thinner... i carried the k-sport mini 6pot lighter than brembo 4pot... ^_^

by the way i think K-sport got us model and taiwan/uk model. must go back exotic tuner double check... ^_^

yes.... at last.... after much thoughts... eventually got the VTTR mini 6pot... single piece rotor... 303mm...

got a call that shipment has arrived... went down to check the offset (cause i do not want to put spacers)... passed... paid a deposit, decided on Blue (from a choice of blue, red, gunmetal and gold)...

went back following day to install... they say... NO BLUE... wtf ccb... nevermind settle for other colour... was told only 1piece rotor for all 303mm... (other brands got 304mm 2 piece)... was told i will get 'curved groove slots'... was told its better more durable... but wen going to install found out only for 5holes... 4 holes dont have... so settle for 'straight slots'... nb wtf again....

they installed... i paid up... went for test drive... got sound 'tok tok tok'... so dismantle the whole thing.... i went off for appt and came back they said they changed for me the rotor... i dont know sure anot... looks like simply resurfaced smoothed out the rotor... anyways, sound gone... so ok lor....

have drove it for 100km, the noisy rough sound has gone... brakes feel wonderful... stronger and braking distance is much shorter... i love it!!!

but this leads me to think... stronger braking power... shorter stopping distance... alamak... means much more stress on my bearings, steering links.... suspensions? oh no... Any bro here who has installed BBK on their 'family sedan' cars.... did you have to change any stabilizer links or drive shaft or bearings or anything due to excessive wear?

your post will be much appreciated... ^_^

Neutral Newbie

bro, congrats on your new bbk!

they mentioned no 2pc rotor for 303mm? my friend got 2pcs rotor leh, somemore slotted and drilled holes but is for those 5 holes-lug, no sure about 4 holes-lug though.

Anyway, as long the brake serve you well, the money spent is justified!

as for your qns on those wear and tear, i supposed it is still up to the way the driver drives. if go track often,then sure wear and tear faster due to hard braking. I don't think you will do hard braking every min and sec in daily drive right? think if you do that, you will change rear bumper first, cause your brake so gd and the veh behind you can't stop in time!! :D

if play hard cornering so often, the suspensions/drive shaft will also gone fast, nothing to do much with your bbk also.

Just for sharing, i using stock brake pad for almost 80k mileage while some have to change by 40k. [blush] in short, your driving styles contribute more towards wear and tear.

agreed... but worried hoses leak lah... OEM safest... Best for safety is actually just change better pads... but looks no difference lah... hahaha [:p]

hi,

u mean if i using stock, i change to good pad is equal to change a set of brake set?

hi,

u mean if i using stock, i change to good pad is equal to change a set of brake set?

i didnt say its the same..... for some cars i am sure stock calipers are very good enuf... but you change better pads then braking will be better then stock lah... but got different grades of pads for different usage...

i not expert you better ask others...

(edited)

i didnt say its the same..... for some cars i am sure stock calipers are very good enuf... but you change better pads then braking will be better then stock lah... but got different grades of pads for different usage...

i not expert you better ask others...

So after afew mths, how u find yr brake? I still searching which brand is worth.

ATS Vs VTTR Vs Nashim Vs Brembo.

I dont know how true, 1 workshop said VTTR are OEM for endless APP and other famous brand.

Sound "bul.s.it" to me.

Edited by Tailgatepro

Runstop heard not bad ........ Btw I indent AP racing disc rotor , should be arriving soon and also SSBH from Japan Brand Autoexe. Currently using Autoexe brake pad . Braking effect much more better than stock. My stock pad i use ard 110k mileage. Wonder does all this upgrade improving braking ? My ride only got Endless BBK which gonna cose 3.5k ..... way too much .......

sorry to hijack...have u all heard of Runstop? Good?

So far so good. Been using it for the past 2 years already.

sorry to hijack...have u all heard of Runstop? Good?

runstop i only the disc rotors right? well to me it looks like copy of EBC rotors... :D

So after afew mths, how u find yr brake? I still searching which brand is worth.

ATS Vs VTTR Vs Nashim Vs Brembo.

I dont know how true, 1 workshop said VTTR are OEM for endless APP and other famous brand.

Sound "bul.s.it" to me.

almost 6months now... wonderful no problems at all... had a few emergency brake incidents and they worked fine... ABS kicks in no problem with the VTTRs...

only thing is ever since i installed tis BBK, brake padal has very little travel... so toe heel is VERY difficult cause my foot throttle is so much deeper in compared with the brakes...

well since you are still searching, i believe you are much luckier then me, so many choices out there.. 1st wats the size of your rims? for 6pot you must have at least 17" for most brands... some brands for 16" only hv 4pot... some 2piece rotor... some single... slotted straight, slotted curved, or cross drilled... think yo are spoilt for choice...

seriously if you really check out the different brands out there, you will see some 'different' brands but caliper shape design is the same...

seriously your choice of brand should be based on your taste colour shape lor... if you ask me to choose, i will choose the brand with more product backing incase anything faulty... and make sure pads can use other brands in the market...

^_^

(edited)

I am considering purchasing some Vttr items for my ride. Currently using stock caliper and Vttr stainless steel brake hose.

- Vttr front slotted rotors (stock size)

- Vttr Grand Sports front brake pads

- Vttr Carbon rear shoe pads

Any comments?

Edited by Sky_vinz

I am considering purchasing some Vttr items for my ride. Currently using stock caliper and Vttr stainless steel brake hose.

- Vttr front slotted rotors (stock size)

- Vttr Grand Sports front brake pads

- Vttr Carbon rear shoe pads

Any comments?

what comments you wanna hear? ask a question lah...

what comments you wanna hear? ask a question lah...

He is asking which one he should go for..... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement