Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

errrrr............. Malaysian Super League is in Jalan Besar this weekend...... -_-

last night in KL....

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

go there to watch TV lor...when the match in KL then i come back to watch...

↡ Advertisement

Personally feel Melaka is just as dangerous as Singapore, but to each his own. The 4-star and above hotels all got security, but don't see how much they help as they don't really check cars going out, only going in. :) But it's not different from Singapore hotels.

singapore dangerous meh? if like singapore then should be as safe [laugh]

Personally feel Melaka is just as dangerous as Singapore, but to each his own. The 4-star and above hotels all got security, but don't see how much they help as they don't really check cars going out, only going in. :) But it's not different from Singapore hotels.

you stay at Baba Hotel in Jonker Street, they have an enclosed compound for parking with security guards at 24/7. Its only a 3* hotel but security is [thumbsup] .....

Hotel Equatorial is 4* but when car prk full, you still have to park at open space outside and there is a lot of tricycle riders loitering at the car park. So you decide .... [sly]

Reverse psychology :) If crime rate is 50%.. is it 50% safe or 50% dangerous ?

Anyway, there are 800+ vehicles stolen each year in SG. Even in Singapore, the common precautions should also apply.

Singapore divorce rate about 8%, U.S. about 40+% .. doesn't mean people won't divorce here right ?

:o:o where did you get this data from? almost 3 car a day leh, sure or not?

Hi brothers and sisters,

anyone stayed at Aldy or Hallmark Leisure hotel?

Any reviews? Which is more convenient and walkable to places?

Thanks

I stayed in Aldy some years ago when I drove to Malacca. It's a nice, no frills hotel and convenient to Jonker Street. No buffet breakfast except Ala carte.

Parking is front of hotel. I think there is a car park next to the hotel too. Service is decent. Will consider that hotel again if I should drive to Malacca.

Subsequent trips was via coach. Stayed at Hotel Equatorial. Nice and comfortable hotel. Buffet breakfast a good spread. Access wise, it's possible to walk to Jonker or Mahkota. Cab to Jonker if iirc was about RM8-10.00

Don't know about Hallmark Leisure Hotel.

Have a nice and safe trip if you're making one there. [wave]

Edited by Neutralsg

The last time i went, i stayed at the Majestic Hotel. Very good service and clean rooms.

Pretty receptionist wearing nonya outfit made it better too.

Actually not in Jonkers Street.

And security not 24/7.

Do you tip the car park attendant there?

the entrance is behind and the road to enter the car park is parallel to Jonker St (forget the road name). Big parking space. There is a roll of shop houses with few restaurants selling 'chi char', cheap & good. Infront of hotel main entrance is Jonker's Street, turning left and walk down a few meters into a small lane would lead you to the famous chicken rice restaurant, Farmosa .....

I stayed there a few times and the hotel provide Continental breakfast buffet.... -_-

A few units away is former DBS house (8 rooms, 2 floors wooden apartment with care-takers) where staff of DBS can book rooms to stay at Malacca. Had stayed there once but don't know if the DBS HOyuse still located in that area or it had been sold ... [cool]

I say again neither the front nor the back of the hotel is in Jonkers Street.

The parking space has max 14 spaces for cars. iirc

Baba house is near hotel puri i think 2 street away. Still within walkiing distance to the jonker street pasar malam.

Hotel puri is good also just 1 street beside the weekend pasar malam. Puri has 2 car parks. 1 is an enclosed area locked with gate while the other is an open area.

Can consider Fenix inn also, opposite equatorial hotel. Their carparking is safe with 24hours staff standby. They will hold the keys and drive the cars to you.

• Praise 1

What's the room rate :D :D :D

MYR 800 per night iirc.

Wah. I dont know cause my wife handled the accounts.

If so expensive then better dont waste $$$

Front entrances of the Ba Ba House and the Puri are 20 metres apart from being opposite one another.

ya lor. Their lobby very nice, little nonya was shooted there. keke

some of the rooms no windows.

Edited by Dleodleo

Assuming that we are setting off from Tuas 2nd link, what would be the total toll charges for the whole trip to Malacca?

Would the return trip toll charges be the same?

Just went yesterday to eat chicken rice ball and jusco. Toll charges around 24.80 for each side.

Please share, what hotel and what is loss too?

my car window got smashed in the hotel carpark, the last time i was there.....now i try my best not to go up north...

you may want to consider Holiday Inn, safe parking area in front of lobby entrance

service and room quality is also good

↡ Advertisement