Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

We are using Tron as well, being "migrate" over from the Genting Worldcard Mobile partnership.

The Tron app is very useful for topup before setting out to Malaysia.

How does the Tron app look like? The green icon?
↡ Advertisement

How does the Tron app look like? The green icon?

Android store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=my.com.tron.tronmy&hl=en

Apple store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tron-my/id1110289355?ls=1&mt=8

What is the cost and if you don't cancel how much is daily charge when you are in Singapore?

Opel already answered.

How much and how often really depends on which plan you subscribed to. You can check their rates at their website:

http://www.tron.com.my/tron-lite-sim/rates/

Do take note that you need to add another 7%??? in for their GST.

I use OneXOX. One of the best value Prepaid cards with 28 months validity  [thumbsup]

http://www.xox.com.my/mnp/

Been using it for my last 3 trips to Malaysia and works well and can buy top up slips at the usual convenience shops, petrol stations, pharmacies etc and comes in RM 10, 30 & 50 options. But most important to me is the long 28 months validity as my previous cards had 50 days validity and it was wasteful and tiresome to top up to keep the number alive. 

Cheaper to buy the card online if you have a Malaysian contact to help. If not, you can Google as there is a seller in Singapore but obviously priced higher. 

• Praise 4

Just back from Melaka. Stayed in Novotel. Service was great. Hotel fittings are very new. Stayed in Superior room.

But bad thing............filled with PRC.

post-2654-0-45089500-1488114508_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-63894000-1488114521_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-30474900-1488114533_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-17584200-1488114563_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-38020200-1488114577_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-96426300-1488114588_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

last year i went, the PRC mostly stay in Straits hotel next door.

The breakfast and the lift. Full of them. My whole level full of them. Only place I don't see them is the gym and swimming pool. Mostly Malaysian families at the pool with their kids.

I think almost everywhere is flooded with PRC.  Their noise level is unbearable especially when they travel in package tour.  Check in and check out time walking along the corridor is damn noisy.

I still love Malacca despite this.  Although been many times, I still enjoy the food, cinema and jalan jalan there.

• Praise 2

I was in Equatorial on Saturday. Got a PRC girl manning info desk. Don't remember running into any other PRCs around (tourists) but I was just there at lunchtime (the Seri Nyonya place on 3rd storey), not sticking around.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

I was in Equatorial on Saturday. Got a PRC girl manning info desk. Don't remember running into any other PRCs around (tourists) but I was just there at lunchtime (the Seri Nyonya place on 3rd storey), not sticking around.

Friday nite was raining. Drove pass The Stadthuys, can see loads of them there wearing poncho or taking umbrella there. Still posing for photos in the rain. [laugh] One whole row of tour buses by the maritime museum waiting for them.

Friday nite was raining. Drove pass The Stadthuys, can see loads of them there wearing poncho or taking umbrella there. Still posing for photos in the rain. [laugh] One whole row of tour buses by the maritime museum waiting for them.

Sorry bro, have no idea why the conversation is focussing on PRCs in Melaka, but I'm just playing along. [laugh]

The summon ppl in Melaka super fast. I parked temporary outside the hotel to check if I can check-in early. The next moment, I came back to retrieve my luggage, tio saman liao. I see on the saman, it was RM30. I asked around where to pay, they told me to go to the counter next to the tall revolving observation tower.

Went there on the same day and the guy say only RM10. Paid up and collected the receipt. :a-happy: Happy and relieved. [grin]

post-2654-0-31854900-1488166761_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Now people know what Melakans say about Singaporeans flooding their town. [laugh] [laugh]

Wahahahahhaha.  I like that.

The summon ppl in Melaka super fast. I parked temporary outside the hotel to check if I can check-in early. The next moment, I came back to retrieve my luggage, tio saman liao. I see on the saman, it was RM30. I asked around where to pay, they told me to go to the counter next to the tall revolving observation tower.

Went there on the same day and the guy say only RM10. Paid up and collected the receipt. :a-happy: Happy and relieved. [grin]

attachicon.gifParking fine Melaka.jpg

Aiyo!  They are so on!  

I use OneXOX. One of the best value Prepaid cards with 28 months validity  [thumbsup]

http://www.xox.com.my/mnp/

Been using it for my last 3 trips to Malaysia and works well and can buy top up slips at the usual convenience shops, petrol stations, pharmacies etc and comes in RM 10, 30 & 50 options. But most important to me is the long 28 months validity as my previous cards had 50 days validity and it was wasteful and tiresome to top up to keep the number alive. 

Cheaper to buy the card online if you have a Malaysian contact to help. If not, you can Google as there is a seller in Singapore but obviously priced higher. 

Hi, just a check anyone using hotlink? I had just bought this sim card for my wifi router, but the app saying valid till 1st March 2017. Can't seem to understand how this card works...... Actually, I am looking for a prepaid sim card that has at least 12 months valid and easy to buy their top up card. any recommendation?

Edited by Macross_vin

Hotlink no more 12 months validity. But can top up online, no need to buy top up card.

Hi Roadrunner, thanks for the reply. Meaning to say that the number and sim card will just be valid for 1 month after top up right? But if long time never use, both number and sim card will expire and need to buy new one. If so how long will this expire comes to happen? sorry I am really a mountain tortoise.

↡ Advertisement