Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Sounds fun driving up Malaysia..

Yes, it's fun and easy drive ard 2.5hrs. Take EDL that linked to NSH w/o traffic lights and exit at Ayer Keroh and drive another 30mins+/- to Malacca hotel.

You will enjoy....:)

• Praise 2

Yes, it's fun and easy drive ard 2.5hrs. Take EDL that linked to NSH w/o traffic lights and exit at Ayer Keroh and drive another 30mins+/- to Malacca hotel.

You will enjoy....:)

There are more and more traffic lights from Ayer Keroh to Melaka town. Now I prefer using Jasin exit and then on route 19 to Melaka town. Much faster and a lot less traffic lights and traffic.

• Praise 1

There are more and more traffic lights from Ayer Keroh to Melaka town. Now I prefer using Jasin exit and then on route 19 to Melaka town. Much faster and a lot less traffic lights and traffic.

frankly melaka is quite deep in after the toll. By the time i reached the central area, i also reach KL already.

• Praise 1

Ya, from Ayer Keroh will have traffic lights.   From custom to Ayer Keroh, no traffic lights, expressway all the way.

I read about Jasin exit too.  But is it easy for those not familiar with malaysian road?  If it is easy, maybe next time I'll ask you for directions for my Malacca trip. 

frankly melaka is quite deep in after the toll. By the time i reached the central area, i also reach KL already.

Wow!  You must be driving very fast.  [laugh] 

Ya, from Ayer Keroh will have traffic lights.   From custom to Ayer Keroh, no traffic lights, expressway all the way.

I read about Jasin exit too.  But is it easy for those not familiar with malaysian road?  If it is easy, maybe next time I'll ask you for directions for my Malacca trip. 

It is pretty easy and straight forward from Jasin exit. Just set your gps accordingly and follow the route. I used Waze and it directed me to use Jasin exit.

• Praise 2

It is pretty easy and straight forward from Jasin exit. Just set your gps accordingly and follow the route. I used Waze and it directed me to use Jasin exit.

Actually, Jasin exit is not so good.  Roads is filled with pothole.

You can always try Bukit Gambir exit.  It is the best for me now.

• Praise 1

If not for heavy traffic and lights, it's not bad. Batu Pahat or Port Dickson a bit farther from NSHW. And speaking of heavy traffic, where else in MY is traffic worse than KL.

i normally drive at wee hours. 

I never encountered any pothole when I used that route recently. There was a MY car in front of me and I just followed him all way at 80-90km/h smooth driving on the B roads.

no lah, the new road leading to malacca is more smooth than any road in malaysia actually   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

no lah, the new road leading to malacca is more smooth than any road in malaysia actually   [laugh]  [laugh]

Oh, got new road?  Please share.... [laugh] [laugh]

I always get lost from Ayer Keroh to Malacca town.  Don't really know how to read GPS.  It would be good if there's a new road to Malacca town w/o much traffic.

I never encountered any pothole when I used that route recently. There was a MY car in front of me and I just followed him all way at 80-90km/h smooth driving on the B roads.

You can try Bukit Gambir exit.  It is 2 exit before Jasin.  I like this way better than Jasin exit.

From Jasin exit to M25, that stretch is always full of pothole.  M25 is quite ok.

they need expressway to link them with nshw

You travel via another road to Malacca right?  If I remember correctly that I ever read that there's not much traffic, is it you that posted last time?

You can try Bukit Gambir exit.  It is 2 exit before Jasin.  I like this way better than Jasin exit.

From Jasin exit to M25, that stretch is always full of pothole.  M25 is quite ok.

Dont think I will be back to Melaka any time soon. Been there 3 times in 9 months. [laugh] Enough for me liao. Planning to go other place.

The road before that smooth new road is not so good la

The road before that smooth new road is not so good la

Let me go retrieve my in-car video footage of route M25 on my way back to SG and put in youtube in fast forward mode. Its just a 10mins or so drive along that single lane road only.

↡ Advertisement