Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

I've stayed at casa del Rio at Malacca. They offer 2 bedrooms suites with balcony and Jacuzzi. It's pricy but it's good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Estada suite

Hatten Suite

Fenix suite

Around there got all the amenities for parents with kids. Especially if it rains...consider the weather.

Let's see, mahkota got water pressure supply problem. So...

Holiday inn....

Or Swan Garden over at Kota Laksamana, across the bridge, got Beizhan , massage and view of new properties...

Or Airbnb over at the Shore.

Just go by the usual route of the buses, save the hassle.

Enjoy and have safe trip.

• Praise 3

Estada suite

Hatten Suite

Fenix suite

Around there got all the amenities for parents with kids. Especially if it rains...consider the weather.

Let's see, mahkota got water pressure supply problem. So...

Holiday inn....

Or Swan Garden over at Kota Laksamana, across the bridge, got Beizhan , massage and view of new properties...

Or Airbnb over at the Shore.

Just go by the usual route of the buses, save the hassle.

Enjoy and have safe trip.

Dun stay makhota n holiday inn. Hv to cross a heavily traffic road. Looks dangerous to me esp those w kids.
  • Praise 2

Something like this ^_^

Have you tried the M102 instead of going down to the 19.

Or going all the way down to the 5??

Edited by Neutrino

Have you tried the M102 instead of going down to the 19.

Or going all the way down to the 5??

Have not tried M102. Route 19 is more instinctive and major road. All the way by route 5 too tedious.

Depends what you looking in a vacation. If you don't like heavy traffic in Melaka, can also look into options in Sepang, Port Dickson or Kluang. The first two mainly seaside resorts with family activities, the latter for farms visits and family-friendly mountain trekking.

ah thanks bro. Will check out Port Dickson

ah thanks bro. Will check out Port Dickson

Hi bro,  you could check out these 2 resorts with private pool - Grand Lexis Port Dickson and Lexis® Hibiscus Port Dickson.

There's a popular curry bun - Luck King Bun

http://www.vkeong.com/eat/lucky-king-bun-famous-chicken-pork-ribs-curry-bun-lukut-port-dickson/

Threads in PD :

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2674147-malaysia-port-dickson-grand-lexis-u-stay-before/

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2688559-malaysia-avillion-port-dickson/

• Praise 2

Went to check out Fenix Inn once while in Malacca. It is cheap & clean & ideally located; without hassle of having to take lifts to carparks.

However, due to space constraints, valet parking is provided. That is a minus point for me as I don't like to have my car valet parked.

• Praise 2

Went to check out Fenix Inn once while in Malacca. It is cheap & clean & ideally located; without hassle of having to take lifts to carparks.

However, due to space constraints, valet parking is provided. That is a minus point for me as I don't like to have my car valet parked.

Yes, and i dun like to park my car along the road... very exposed to theft, vandalism, hit and runs etc... my preference is always a bigger hotel with its own covered car park and constant security patrolling... better peace of mind....

• Praise 2

U can check out coffee garden diagonally across the street. The Chef guy (I dun rmb his name) is friendly. They have their own parking area behind. If you are still worried, can always park across at Novotel Hotel.

http://coffea-garden-cafe-stay.business.site/

New and cosy looking place. I might stay there the next time.

When in Malaysia always book the newest hotel or respected chain brand hotel. Ibis Melaka just open recently. 3 star hotel and very affordable. Location is also good.

• Praise 3

When in Malaysia always book the newest hotel or respected chain brand hotel. Ibis Melaka just open recently. 3 star hotel and very affordable. Location is also good.

Most of us drive there, so availibilty/convenience of parking is important.

Could u share more info on Parking for guests? Eg., FOC or charges, covered, security, etc. TIA.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Most of the carparks in Malaysia shopping mall very cheap. About rm$1.5 per hr.

In KL, I stay those boutique hotel. No parking lot.

I parked across the street, 5 stars hotel, rm$20 per night

Most of the carparks in Malaysia shopping mall very cheap. About rm$1.5 per hr.

In KL, I stay those boutique hotel. No parking lot.

I parked across the street, 5 stars hotel, rm$20 per night

Not free one meh?  I tot free parking for hotel's in-house guests?

I usually dun stay the hotel if they dun provide FOC parking.

I stayed the Fenix Inn twice.  Room so so but there's no fridge in the room.   As for parking, it's quite troublesome as have to leave the car key with them.  But at least it is parked within their compound. 

Can consider The Straits Hotel Melaka, also quite cheap and it is 2 or 3 years old with swimming pool, safe and fridge.  2 streets away from Hatten Hotel.  Free parking.  Wifi quite strong.  I paid S$50 per nite in Agoda.

Another one is Imperial Heritage Hotel.  Opposite Equatorial Hotel, price is also quite cheap but their pool is damn small.  I didn't stay at this hotel because of the small pool.

Edited by Dleodleo

In bigger cities like KL many hotels charge a parking fee. Got daily rate for hotel guests. Similar in metropolitan areas in other countries.

Elsewhere in MY, some hotels got limited parking in secure area, also can tip the guard and he will let you park.

OIC.  I didn't know that.

OIC. I didn't know that.

Novotel Melaka provides free parking. The carpark is bright and big.

At Hatten, I will usually request for valet, tip the valet RM10 and he will try to park my car at the front pouch area where it is watched 24hrs.

Hotel Puri had their own secured car park further down the street a few years ago. I dunno if they still have it.

Costa del Sol has a underground carpark and their security room is just beside it with a huge glass panel looking out.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1