Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Novotel Melaka provides free parking. The carpark is bright and big.

At Hatten, I will usually request for valet, tip the valet RM10 and he will try to park my car at the front pouch area where it is watched 24hrs.

Hotel Puri had their own secured car park further down the street a few years ago. I dunno if they still have it.

Costa del Sol has a underground carpark and their security room is just beside it with a huge glass panel looking out.

Hotel Puri still got.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Novotel Melaka provides free parking. The carpark is bright and big.

At Hatten, I will usually request for valet, tip the valet RM10 and he will try to park my car at the front pouch area where it is watched 24hrs.

Hotel Puri had their own secured car park further down the street a few years ago. I dunno if they still have it.

Costa del Sol has a underground carpark and their security room is just beside it with a huge glass panel looking out.

Most of the time I stay and park at Hatten. I never use their valet cause being an old school, I am not sure what they will do to my keys :P

Anyhow I feel the carpark itself is pretty secure.

Hi all,

Just got back from melaka late last night.. Have something to share about this trip and the mechanic I found, in case anyone need a mechanic whilst up in melaka.

on the way up, my car started showing flashing high temperature alert, think this was just after kulai. After a while the aircon went off, according to mechanic this is a car feature. Between turning back and going to melaka, we decided to drive up to melaka to see if we can find a mechanic to help us. 

Luckily for us, we went into one of the regular shop along jonker street to buy a sim card, thinking we can contact some friends and ask for help. Wifey asked the guy in the shop if he knew any mechanic that is open on a sunday, and he pointed us to a shop that is really a stone throw away, right behind the shell station, towards baba charlie, one street behind jonker street. 

At the workshop, I was advised that the radiator got choked based on what he saw, so he advised me to go back on tuesday morning and help me dismantle the radiator and clean and flush it. I did just that on tuesday, I chatted with the mechanic and he taught me a few stuff about the radiator, new lessons for me... left the car there at 9am, and left the workshop at 1.20pm after making sure the high temp alert is gone for good and the aircon is back running.

Long story short, they managed to fix my car issue under 400 rm and made my return trip a much faster one, I cleared NSE just under 2 hours, starting from 4pm. post-78751-0-51061500-1504680065_thumb.jpg

post-78751-0-86441800-1504680397_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Murakami
  • Praise 12

Hi all,

Just got back from melaka late last night.. Have something to share about this trip and the mechanic I found, in case anyone need a mechanic whilst up in melaka.

on the way up, my car started showing flashing high temperature alert, think this was just after kulai. After a while the aircon went off, according to mechanic this is a car feature. Between turning back and going to melaka, we decided to drive up to melaka to see if we can find a mechanic to help us. 

Luckily for us, we went into one of the regular shop along jonker street to buy a sim card, thinking we can contact some friends and ask for help. Wifey asked the guy in the shop if he knew any mechanic that is open on a sunday, and he pointed us to a shop that is really a stone throw away, right behind the shell station, towards baba charlie, one street behind jonker street. 

At the workshop, I was advised that the radiator got choked based on what he saw, so he advised me to go back on tuesday morning and help me dismantle the radiator and clean and flush it. I did just that on tuesday, I chatted with the mechanic and he taught me a few stuff about the radiator, new lessons for me... left the car there at 9am, and left the workshop at 1.20pm after making sure the high temp alert is gone for good and the aircon is back running.

Long story short, they managed to fix my car issue under 400 rm and made my return trip a much faster one, I cleared NSE just under 2 hours, starting from 4pm. attachicon.gif21273403_10155740507039529_742762595529072476_o.jpg

Hi

Thanks for sharing

Edited by Acewin

Hi all,

Long story short, they managed to fix my car issue under 400 rm and made my return trip a much faster one, I cleared NSE just under 2 hours, starting from 4pm. attachicon.gif21273403_10155740507039529_742762595529072476_o.jpg

I know which workshop you are referring to. When I was in Melaka few years ago, the motor for blower (aircon) broke down. I had it change at the workshop too. If you drives further into the back alley, there is a continental tire shop whose price of tire is much cheaper than JB. Also, only on Sat afternoon between 3pm to 6pm, there is a pasar malam for the locals. 

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Praise 2

Hi all,

The uncle must have given you thumbs up service. Saw your post on HWZ too :P

The uncle must have given you thumbs up service. Saw your post on HWZ too :P

heh..letting me come to sg without any hiccup plus no holding me with a ransom with exorbitant pricing....

I think it is good to have a mechanic to count on a road trip, last thing we need is being towed back to SG, right?

• Praise 1

heh..letting me come to sg without any hiccup plus no holding me with a ransom with exorbitant pricing....

I think it is good to have a mechanic to count on a road trip, last thing we need is being towed back to SG, right?

Absolutely!

go melaka dont waste time just stay Hatten Hotel...Cheap n Good..very central....everything is around there...park ur car there...then grab or uber around... [thumbsup]

But frankly speaking when i go hatten i dont know if i am in SG or MY..  [laugh] ...so MANY KAN CHEONG spider... [laugh]   [laugh] ....all from SG [laugh]  [laugh]  

• Praise 1

But my WORST experience was staying at the Pines Melaka  KNN...middle of night got call from reception my car alarm went on...rush to carpark found my car boot kena screwdriver..lucky my boot empty....fkr spoil my boot lock...i come back singapore..change my boot lock...nowadays its a CONSTANT reminder i got to carry 2 keys one for ignition and one for my boot lock [crazy] ...as i driving an old lao pok cibic...so no choice got to change boot lock from scrap yard..with different key...NOT POSSIBLE TO GET SAME KEY unless i change the whole F@#$ ignition harness

THE POINT i am trying to Make is DONT MESS with Melaka....but THAT DOES NOT mean Melaka wont mess with YOU [bigcry]  [bigcry]  [bigcry]

• Praise 3

go melaka dont waste time just stay Hatten Hotel...Cheap n Good..very central....everything is around there...park ur car there...then grab or uber around... [thumbsup]

But frankly speaking when i go hatten i dont know if i am in SG or MY..  [laugh] ...so MANY KAN CHEONG spider... [laugh]   [laugh] ....all from SG [laugh]  [laugh]  

Agreed. Went Melaka during P.Holiday last time while queuing for the boat ride, people in front of me were all from Spore, and people

behind me also from Spore and made me felt like i was still in Singapore. 

• Praise 1

anyway still love melaka...next trip december [laugh][laugh][laugh] ...JB is a cowboy town [pirate] ...KL...No need to say [lipsrsealed] ...Melaka in between...love it [thumbsup]

Ya i like Malacca too! I been 7-8 times. Love the food and accessibilty.

Have a great trip in December!

Oh ya.  You never say I totally forget.  Last time got Nee Soon.

now still got Nee Soon Road leh :D

the one that is truly gone was Pek San (Bishan)

• Praise 1

Was in Malacca last weekend. Stayed at Ibis Hotel Malacca for the first time. This one is of higher standard among its chain. Pleasant ambience, spacious reception lobby with a drinks bar and a dining area. Free flow of iced water on a side counter + 2 foc PC in a cosy corner with armchairs.

post-109106-0-95869400-1507265243_thumb.jpeg

post-109106-0-91437400-1507265352_thumb.jpeg

Parking access by side of the building via the hotel lobby and also fr the one way street.

post-109106-0-62812300-1507265393_thumb.jpeg

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 5

Spacious open air carpark, patrolled by Nepalese guards. No gantry yet.

Entry to hotel from carpark via heavy glass door.

post-109106-0-75491700-1507266237_thumb.jpeg

post-109106-0-00644300-1507266260_thumb.jpeg

One of the corridors. Forgot to take pics of the room. Size wise, about the same size of a standard room at Novotel, Malacca.

post-109106-0-77665800-1507266296_thumb.jpeg

Surprise! Bolster provided.

post-109106-0-18932800-1507266435_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Was in Malacca last weekend. Stayed at Ibis Hotel Malacca for the first time. This one is of higher standard among its chain. Pleasant ambience, spacious reception lobby with a drinks bar and a dining area. Free flow of iced water on a side counter + 2 foc PC in a cosy corner with armchairs.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Parking access by side of the building via the hotel lobby and also fr the one way street.

image.jpeg

Given your frequent visits to melaka, time to buy a place to stay there or for investment!
  • Praise 1

Given your frequent visits to melaka, time to buy a place to stay there or for investment!

I would say dun throw money into the river [sweatdrop]

go there stay in president suite of different hotels better/cheaper.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2