Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Very Ex Imo.

They are charging per head while we can easily get the same rate for per room. Furthermore we are using our own rides, petrol and toll fees. I reckon those tour agency package might be better option here for someone new to Melaka. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Hi all , pls check from all bro n sis, when going malacca are we going to pass by NSHW .

=======

U can take NSH n turn off at Alor Gajah or Ayer Keroh.

U can also take ''old'' road but more traffic n slower.

Now GPS so cheap n common. Just buy or borrow 1 for easy ref.

Otherwise get some good maps, if u r good at reading them.

Very Ex Imo.

They are charging per head while we can easily get the same rate for per room. Furthermore we are using our own rides, petrol and toll fees. I reckon those tour agency package might be better option here for someone new to Melaka. [:p]

=======

U must remember there r several pple who wil b making $ from e trip plus ty get to go for free cos its all on your account.

I also prefer to get a few kaki together n go ourselves. Cheaper n more fun`

last weekend drove up to malacca. didnt kena TP enroute, but kena on way back... he asked me to stop but i sped off.. lucky he didnt chase.

Toll is aroud 25rm one way, so pretty cheap. And i stayed at Aldy hotel near jonker. Very convenient place, but parking is just outside, the hotel has a few reserved lot for guests, but if full, u need to park at the paid parking (public) which the hotel will give you coupons for that.

last weekend drove up to malacca. didnt kena TP enroute, but kena on way back... he asked me to stop but i sped off.. lucky he didnt chase.

Toll is aroud 25rm one way, so pretty cheap. And i stayed at Aldy hotel near jonker. Very convenient place, but parking is just outside, the hotel has a few reserved lot for guests, but if full, u need to park at the paid parking (public) which the hotel will give you coupons for that.

aye not trying to scare u....

but hope u didn't kanna an official TP

the next trip there u'll kanna big time jialat jialat if u were ever caught.

wat time was dat? Usually on way back in the evening don't encounter TP.

But why wud u do something like dat?

Neutral Newbie

You know of that Teochew Restaurant called ermm....Teo Soon Loong or smthg liddat near Jonker? Thats the one I won't miss if I am in Melaka. Agree that Formosa sucks. The corner one after the bridge is nicer but damm packed nowadays. <_<

IMG_8567.jpgIMG_8551.jpg

IMG_8563.jpgDSC00328.JPG

IMG_8459.jpgIMG_8525.jpg

This restaurant is located at Jonker Street, near Cheng Hoon temple.

TEO SOON LOONG CHAN <--- google for more reviews,

No.55, Second Cross Street, Malacca.

wat time was dat? Usually on way back in the evening don't encounter TP.

But why wud u do something like dat?

Speeding off after getting stopped seems like a trend in few forums I visit. I hope they do not come out with counter measures soon for this.

is it safe to drive to malacca ( as compared to JB) ? any tips ?

just like JB style... [laugh] if u accustom to KL traffic, no problem @malacca... [:p]

borrow a GPs, would be handy

NSH exit ayer keroh

all the way til you see the red building, u b driving pass narrow road (one way)

- depending where your accomodation plan are

i stayed at hotel equatorial-malacca june 2010

* have the plus toll card (touch & go)

have fun driving up!

i heading up 22/oct weekend

Imo, i "feel" melaka slightly safer than JB and KL in turn of petty crime. Anyway don't be complacent just be extra cautious wherever you go in boleh land. :D

Imo, i "feel" melaka slightly safer than JB and KL in turn of petty crime. Anyway don't be complacent just be extra cautious wherever you go in boleh land. :D

according to reports, it's much safer than JB

Anyone know the reason why you hardly see rubbish bin in Melaka? Beat me to it. Most of the time can't even find a bin to stub out my cigg. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Really? When I reached there alone by bus from KL (KL is comparable to JB in terms of safety) a few years ago to walk around (my only visit to the place so far, highway rest areas not counted), the taxi driver who drove me from the bus station to where the red-color church is told me to be very careful with my belongings, not to spend too much time there, and should return to KL soon. But to be fair, I was not robbed in that trip, but neither have I been robbed (successfully) in JB the past seven years, and have not encountered any robbery in KL either. I guess it depends on how familiar one is with a place. If one is familiar, then he or she may naturally avoid doing potentially dangerous "stunts", and so the possibility of encountering robbers may be lower.

Edited by Hwt

Really? When I reached there alone by bus from KL (KL is comparable to JB in terms of safety) a few years ago to walk around (my only visit to the place so far, highway rest areas not counted), the taxi driver who drove me from the bus station to where the red-color church is told me to be very careful with my belongings, not to spend too much time there, and should return to KL soon. But to be fair, I was not robbed in that trip, but neither have I been robbed (successfully) in JB the past seven years, and have not encountered any robbery in KL either. I guess it depends on how familiar one is with a place. If one is familiar, then he or she may naturally avoid doing potentially dangerous "stunts", and so the possibility of encountering robbers may be lower.

Going into boleh land all depends on luck. Even some pple who drive luxury or SUV car into boleh land so many times also nothing happen! Or many pple who drive in million of times also nothing happen. But some might go in only once and then kena liao.