Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Actually it's not about the food. It's the ambience. Gives us the very nostalgic feel. Kids will not appreciate it haha

There is another place call upsize down house just goggle that maybe your kids will like that.

I guess kids like western food more I recommend this place call Woks and Pans.

Hainamese Pork Chop.

post-62588-0-95826300-1513414137_thumb.jpg 

Hainemese Pork Chop

Pork Culet

post-62588-0-06663700-1513414250_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Waze guided me to exit no. 233 (if not wrong) n drive small winding road. Came a bunch of monkeys dashing across the road. Bros driving this road becareful.

Car so big, monkey so small, just run over them if they don’t flee

There are many dead kangaroos at the roadsides when we drove in Australia

So it is a choice of protecting the monkeys lives or your family’s life.

* so just need to be careful,but not be overly alarmed

Waze guided me to exit no. 233 (if not wrong) n drive small winding road. Came a bunch of monkeys dashing across the road. Bros driving this road becareful.

normally i'll opt 4 tis route when i go malacca....Jasin exit if not wrong...

Nvr encounter monkeys or other animals b4 but still tks 4 e tips...i'll keep a more vigilant look-out when i nxt go malacca..

• Praise 1

You in Malacca already?  How's the traffic condition?  Jam how many hours at custom?

the traffic conditions from Ayer Keroh to the city center could be quite bad, especially on weekends. for your next trip, you might want to exit at Jasin/Merlimau (Exit 233). thanks to the folks who shared about this alternative route, i tried it a few months back and found much lesser vehicles along the way.

I'm going next Monday and shall try this Jasin exit.  Hopefully I dun get lost. [laugh]  [laugh] 

• Praise 1

I'm going next Monday and shall try this Jasin exit. Hopefully I dun get lost. [laugh][laugh]

Watch my video. Sure safe.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 1

Car so big, monkey so small, just run over them if they don’t flee

So it is a choice of protecting the monkeys lives or your family’s life.

running over them doesn't mean can avoid accident, it may cause an accident. I also think some people especially if there were kids in the car, will be traumatized by killing an animal.

Watch my video. Sure safe.

Oh....thanks.  [thumbsup]

I'll bookmarked this link (page 51 - your video) http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2646398-drive-up-to-malacca/page-51

Last night went to dig out my road trip in-car camera. Here is the photos and video footage if you wish to use Jasin exit to go to Melaka town and back SG.

I will mention to Melaka first from NSH.

On NSH, 1km before Jasin exit, you will notice the signboard on the left. Followed by 500m before the exit. 

attachicon.gifNSH exit Jasin 001.jpg

attachicon.gifNSH exit Jasin 002.jpg

attachicon.gifNSH exit Jasin 003.jpg

After you exit, follow the road and you will arrive at a T-junction. Look out for traffic and turn right. This is Route M25, single lane for about 15+km. When you coming to the first cross junction, 500+m before, you will notice a sign on your left in blue that reads "Pusat Bandaraya". Closer to the junction, you will see the sign in blue that reads "Bandaraya Melaka", turn right at this cross junction. Then you are on Route 19 towards Melaka town. Very nice roads here, two lane, straight all the way to Melaka town.

attachicon.gifRoute M25 to Melaka town Route 19 001.jpg

attachicon.gifRoute M25 to Melaka town Route 19 002.jpg

Ok. Too much words and still photos. Now see me drive in warp speed!!! Actually.................fast forward mode.

:D Also for one Mr David who say Route M25 lots of potholes.  :blink:  [shakehead]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evNOSt0EuxA

Thanks.

• Praise 8

Car so big, monkey so small, just run over them if they donât flee

So it is a choice of protecting the monkeys lives or your familyâs life.

I saw rear mirror behind got car so can't ebrake n went ahead.

running over them doesn't mean can avoid accident, it may cause an accident. I also think some people especially if there were kids in the car, will be traumatized by killing an animal.

But at least better than swerving and your family and you die because you rammed into a big tree ,no?

Of course if it’s an elephant or a cow, you must brake to stop or you will be injured,and your car totaled.

Sorry for being blunt..

• Praise 1

normally i'll opt 4 tis route when i go malacca....Jasin exit if not wrong...

Nvr encounter monkeys or other animals b4 but still tks 4 e tips...i'll keep a more vigilant look-out when i nxt go malacca..

Quite a number of them, a few managed to cross but got one hesitated n in the end dashed across n next thing I heard a sound.
  • Praise 1

I'm going next Monday and shall try this Jasin exit.  Hopefully I dun get lost. [laugh]  [laugh] 

it's quite straightforward and i didn't even use any GPS. [drivingcar] i just watched the video posted by Adrianli prior to my trip.  :D

• Praise 2

Just back from Malacca and the stretch from Ayer Keroh toll to town is having road works/diversion so avoid.

Try Jasin or the alternate route after the Ayer Keroh toll to town (turn left right beneath the car overhead bridge after toll and follow signs to Pusat Bandarjaya).

Town wise now every route also jam - even the seaside route via Mahkota Parade also jam!

So much development along the seaside - Mahkota Parade to Klebang beach.

Enjoy your holidays.

• Praise 3

Thanks.

Not gonna comment on your driving. [lipsrsealed]

But how long does this route take compared to usual route.

Around 45mins to an hour from Jasin toll to hotel(Novotel/Straits).

The usual route will take longer distance and time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3