Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Which hotel you guys stayed while in Malacca? Estadia ok?

We usually stay: Hatten, Equatorial, Imperial Heritage, Novotel, The Straits, Fenix inn (no lift) and hotels in Jonker area.

I've nvr stay in Estadia b4 but its location is not bad. Perhaps u wana read its review b4 booking

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/8122200?m=19905

Have a great trip!

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 9

Literally end of last year I stayed overnight in Malacca when driving back from KL. Was looking for a hotel at the usual Makhota Parade area vicinity when my missus suggested this newly opened hotel, Ibis Melaka, which is located at the other end from the Jonkers Street. 

It was desirable because it just opened around 6/2017 and very strategically located, just a street from the gourmet alley, Bunga Raya, where the famous popiah and fried oyster egg and many other famous local food are located. It is also very near to the Jonkers Street, nearer than from the Makhota Parade vicinity. Booked online and paid about S$100 for a twin room, being the last of 3 rooms available in the 250-room hotel. 

My first impression entering the hotel was very impressed with the dedicated car park behind the hotel. The whole parking area looked pleasant, is huge, and is guarded 24/7. Just need to pull the lugguage through the connected access to the lobby on same level.

The room we have was not huge but very good quality. The morning buffet spread also quite acceptable. Best would be the location. Can read the guest reviews on Agoda or booking.com, never see such glowing reviews for a new hotel.

But those who want a connected shopping mall or a swimming pool would want to look elsewhere. There sure is enough space for a swimming pool behind the hotel, not sure why it was not catered. Actually if only for grocery shopping, can do in Bukit Indah area when going home but is abit of personal preference.

One last thing, I realized last few days that the price for Ibis Melaka has dropped to S$41, along with other hotels near Makhota though not by so much. Those keen to book a hotel there for holiday later can take a look to see if worth it to book early. I saw Hatten hotel going for S$76 in June, sure cheaper than the normal >$12x price point.

Just something different for you to consider.

• Praise 4

Literally end of last year I stayed overnight in Malacca when driving back from KL. Was looking for a hotel at the usual Makhota Parade area vicinity when my missus suggested this newly opened hotel, Ibis Melaka, which is located at the other end from the Jonkers Street.

It was desirable because it just opened around 6/2017 and very strategically located, just a street from the gourmet alley, Bunga Raya, where the famous popiah and fried oyster egg and many other famous local food are located. It is also very near to the Jonkers Street, nearer than from the Makhota Parade vicinity. Booked online and paid about S$100 for a twin room, being the last of 3 rooms available in the 250-room hotel.

My first impression entering the hotel was very impressed with the dedicated car park behind the hotel. The whole parking area looked pleasant, is huge, and is guarded 24/7. Just need to pull the lugguage through the connected access to the lobby on same level.

The room we have was not huge but very good quality. The morning buffet spread also quite acceptable. Best would be the location. Can read the guest reviews on Agoda or booking.com, never see such glowing reviews for a new hotel.

But those who want a connected shopping mall or a swimming pool would want to look elsewhere. There sure is enough space for a swimming pool behind the hotel, not sure why it was not catered. Actually if only for grocery shopping, can do in Bukit Indah area when going home but is abit of personal preference.

One last thing, I realized last few days that the price for Ibis Melaka has dropped to S$41, along with other hotels near Makhota though not by so much. Those keen to book a hotel there for holiday later can take a look to see if worth it to book early. I saw Hatten hotel going for S$76 in June, sure cheaper than the normal >$12x price point.

Just something different for you to consider.

Is this ibis hotel hard to drive in? Cause my impression is that anything near jonker, I would anticipate tight/narrow roads

Is this ibis hotel hard to drive in? Cause my impression is that anything near jonker, I would anticipate tight/narrow roads

No, it's along jln bendahara main rd..but susceptible to constant traffic jams due to main rd to the red houses n mahkota areas...
  • Praise 2

I reached the hotel on a Friday afternoon about 2pm and left on Saturday about 10am. Got slight to no traffic along the main road on both timing but no jams. And not narrow road outside the hotel as the main road can hold 3 lane of traffic on top of dedicated road-side parking.

Only at the turn-about just outside the Jonker Street entrance is narrow road. And I happen to have to drive from hotel to a shop along Jonker Street which was abit narrow.

I would rate the location as most ideal for those who desired a authentic Melaka experience. Imagine you can get authentic local food just round the corners and able to walk back to your hotel from Jonker Street night market going over the short walking bridge along Lorong Jambatan, and have supper at the Boon Leong Medan Makan area. The fried oyster stall is the most outer stall, and there is a good zichar stall that serve up good quality hokkien noodle. Really convenient for those who do not like to walk too much or cannot walk too much like elderly people.

Overall for me, for S$41/night is really a steal for the Ibis quality. Just go read the reviews posted by the guests you will understand.

Ibis Melaka_1.pdf

Ibis Melaka_2.pdf

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 2

Which hotel you guys stayed while in Malacca? Estadia ok?

Estadia is cheap and good, location is good for shopping and breakfast is good too but must go early or else all the food will finish and top up is slow.

• Praise 3

Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want to travel ? do you need papers you cant have ?if yes , then you are in the right place at the right time We are an independent group of specialized IT professionals and data base technicians who are specialized in the production of high quality real and novelty documents such as passports,drivers license,id cards,stamps,visas,diplomas of very high quality and other products for all countries: USA, Australia,UK, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, .

This list is not full.contact General support: [email protected] To get the additional information and place the order just contact us via email mobile.

contact us via Email,SKYPE or WHATS-APP

CONTACT EMAIL: (( [email protected] ))

CONTACT EMAIL: (( [email protected] ))

2 Swiss passports for me and the wife please.

How much?

:D

• Praise 3

I reached the hotel on a Friday afternoon about 2pm and left on Saturday about 10am. Got slight to no traffic along the main road on both timing but no jams. And not narrow road outside the hotel as the main road can hold 3 lane of traffic on top of dedicated road-side parking.

Only at the turn-about just outside the Jonker Street entrance is narrow road. And I happen to have to drive from hotel to a shop along Jonker Street which was abit narrow.

I would rate the location as most ideal for those who desired a authentic Melaka experience. Imagine you can get authentic local food just round the corners and able to walk back to your hotel from Jonker Street night market going over the short walking bridge along Lorong Jambatan, and have supper at the Boon Leong Medan Makan area. The fried oyster stall is the most outer stall, and there is a good zichar stall that serve up good quality hokkien noodle. Really convenient for those who do not like to walk too much or cannot walk too much like elderly people.

Overall for me, for S$41/night is really a steal for the Ibis quality. Just go read the reviews posted by the guests you will understand.

How's the hotel carpark? Is it open air or underground? How's the car park security?

How's the hotel carpark? Is it open air or underground? How's the car park security?

Very spacious. Unfortunately only open carpark, supposedly guarded 24/7. At night when I went to my car to load things, was approached by a security guard. Felt quite safe leaving my car there.

Second picture can see the direct access to hotel lobby from the carpark.

post-101253-0-46148500-1515424041_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-83777000-1515424054_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-07464600-1515424072_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-08747600-1515424082_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-31638200-1515424094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 2

Very spacious. Unfortunately only open carpark, supposedly guarded 24/7. At night when I went to my car to load things, was approached by a security guard. Felt quite safe leaving my car there.

Second picture can see the direct access to hotel lobby from the carpark.

Thanks very much bro! Ur pics are great! :) However I prefer covered carpark as cooler n our car won't burn. Lol.. But good hotel recommendation for such a price n location! Thanks!

Thanks very much bro! Ur pics are great! :) However I prefer covered carpark as cooler n our car won't burn. Lol.. But good hotel recommendation for such a price n location! Thanks!

Np problem, just glad to share. For comparison I have stayed in Holiday Inn Melaka 2 years back. The furnishing in this hotel definitely beat it flat as it appears to be more luxurious and very new. The bedroom furnishing and furniture especially, much much better although a bit smaller.

As the pictures show, there is lots of potential if the carpark space is to be redeveloped - can even build multi-storey carpark with swimming pool. But don't know if is in the pipeline. But for me shelter is just a bonus as not really essential as not likely to access the car during the day as nothing to shop. 

For my furture self-drive trip I might just stay in this hotel for 1 or 2 nites to complete the Jonkers street and Bunga Raya makan circuit, then spend 1 nite or 2 in a hotel near Makhota Parade to do some shopping. Actually I have not really explore the shopping mall, but no try never know haha.

Is it true that booking onsite upon arrival is cheaper than doing online? But the risk of fully book is dampening.. I'm planning to go on weekdays... Malacca or PD? Still not sure..

Is it true that booking onsite upon arrival is cheaper than doing online? But the risk of fully book is dampening.. I'm planning to go on weekdays... Malacca or PD? Still not sure..

Not neccessary.  You have to compare prices before booking.    Why not pre-book before checking in?  At least for a peace of mind.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2