Search
Getting Hyundai Getz Kia Picanto

• Search this thread
23 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:13 PM

A_nesta84
  • A_nesta84
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If having a budget of 40-50000, What you guys would getting, No doubt Getz is 1.4 but is it much better than picanto?

I only need to travel to work plus maybe need a lil power. I heard picanto has a FL version too.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

the 1.1L 65bhp engine powered Picanto is just a hoot to drive...it's underpowered, so you'll have to thrash the engine, but it makes a decent noise...it wants to be revved...it's also well built...

however, it's really small and with more aggressive drivers on our roads these days, being in a Picanto may make you feel threatened...a Getz will be a better alternative...

but you should also consider a 2nd hand car...or why not top up a bit more money to get a Forte??
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

Davetan86
  • Premium member
    Davetan86
    3rd Gear

Hi there. Im driving a FL 1.4 Getz. Pickup is just nice for daily driving to work but if its for family day, i think FC and power will really suffer.. Same for Picanto if i not wrong.. Perhaps u are willing to spend a little more $ to get a Honda Fit for power wise and better FC?

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

Starengine
  • Starengine
    2nd Gear

agree...
why not consider avante or forte?

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged

what you mean by power??

Forte 1.6L may be slightly lethargic off the line acceleration, but is adequate for our traffic i think...
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

Acerchan2002
  • Acerchan2002
    4th Gear

Getz 1.3A,1.4A,1.6A/M drinks petrol. Expect the 1.1 can obtain quite good FC.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

Kb27
  • Kb27
    Supercharged

If you want a small car on a cheap budget, you can get either a Picanto or 1.4A getz.
The other choice is 1.1m getz.

Based on body size, the getz is bigger and gives you a safer feel.

1.4A getz will drink more for sure.

My 1.6m gets about 12 to 13km/L if driven conservatively.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:36 PM

Kuek66
  • Kuek66
    2nd Gear

I suggest you look for 1 year old Toyota Vios or Avante. Price around $40K to $48K.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

Introz
  • Introz
    5th Gear

erm for me i will choose getz
more space and for abit more $$
psn id: intro82

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

Davetan86
  • Premium member
    Davetan86
    3rd Gear

Just for ur info bro, i manage to achieve of max 13km/l for Getz 1.4. and for 1.1 model i heard can really hit till 16km/l. happy.gif

Edited by Davetan86, 17 December 2009 - 03:48 PM.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged

the Getz really drink then...not really powerful, yet rather light body...still drink so much!!
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

Acerchan2002
  • Acerchan2002
    4th Gear

Wow not bad, mine 6.5yrs 1.3A Getz can only hit 10km/l..Lao chia drinks more

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged

Bro, if you need just a mode of transport.

Why not go for a proton savvy?
Made in Malaysia with Renault d4f clio engine, weights close to a ton with 75bhp power.
Top speed, easily 170km.
FC is easily 14 to 16km/L.
Quite cheap to maintain

But again, it has its downfall.

As a Renault engine, parts are pretty expensive and had to maintain.
Nevertheless, a conti engine definitely feels gd and stable even driving at high speed.
Corning is tuned by lotus and rated euro 3 for safety if I not wrong.

The AMT is a little tricky and really had to maintain.
If you donít mind a manual ride, I would suggest you this as myself is a savvy owner, manual.

bluey Tiko Ranger

like a V6

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

Peaceracer
  • Premium member
    Peaceracer
    4th Gear

I driving Getz 1.1. FC averages abt 16km/l. That is due to precise driving with abt 50% city.

Everything is gd with it so far. No complains. Running costs are low since it only needs to pump 92.

If i were to pick on it, it would be that its slightly on the heavy side. The bonnet weighs alot. If its lighter, FC and pickup would be gd. And for pickup, if i accelerate cleanly to 2.5krpm every gear, i would be slightly behind traffic flow for the 1st 3 gears. After which, no prob le. Of cos if you wanna whack, i was able to keep up with one passenger in my car, with an altis driven by a lady in schumacher mode.

Picanto pickup and FC will be better due to lighter body. But its small. A few k more, i will still pick the Getz. No regrets.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

Introz
  • Introz
    5th Gear

I driving Getz 1.1. FC averages abt 16km/l. That is due to precise driving with abt 50% city.

Everything is gd with it so far. No complains. Running costs are low since it only needs to pump 92.

If i were to pick on it, it would be that its slightly on the heavy side. The bonnet weighs alot. If its lighter, FC and pickup would be gd. And for pickup, if i accelerate cleanly to 2.5krpm every gear, i would be slightly behind traffic flow for the 1st 3 gears. After which, no prob le. Of cos if you wanna whack, i was able to keep up with one passenger in my car, with an altis driven by a lady in schumacher mode.

Picanto pickup and FC will be better due to lighter body. But its small. A few k more, i will still pick the Getz. No regrets.

true... so its depet on u want fc&pickup vs storage
smile.gif
psn id: intro82

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

Windchoco
  • Premium member
    Windchoco
    6th Gear

50k, can try getting Vios / Impreza / Forte Ex, all better than your options listed. (but all manual)

but then again, i rather drive a better car than a better transmission...

Edited by Windchoco, 18 December 2009 - 05:35 PM.

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:02 AM

Freezepotato
  • Freezepotato
    Neutral Newbie

So overall I should consider a Avante to a Getz for a 2nd hand car ranging from 35k and below.
Sorry to hijack thread. smile.gif

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

Kanchelsk
  • Premium member
    Kanchelsk
    5th Gear

If having a budget of 40-50000, What you guys would getting, No doubt Getz is 1.4 but is it much better than picanto?

I only need to travel to work plus maybe need a lil power. I heard picanto has a FL version too.

under $50 can fetch u a Avante or Cerato Forte or even a Vios liao.. ohmy.gif
Liverpool Football Club

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

Kayheng
  • Kayheng
    Neutral Newbie

getz!!! GET IT! ITS GOOD

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

Kanchelsk
  • Premium member
    Kanchelsk
    5th Gear

getz!!! GET IT! ITS GOOD

u must be driving one... laugh.gif laugh.gif
Liverpool Football Club

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users