Getting a Hyundai Getz vs Kia Picanto

A_nesta84

If having a budget of 40-50000, What you guys would getting, No doubt Getz is 1.4 but is it much better than picanto?

I only need to travel to work plus maybe need a lil power. I heard picanto has a FL version too.

↡ Advertisement

the 1.1L 65bhp engine powered Picanto is just a hoot to drive...it's underpowered, so you'll have to thrash the engine, but it makes a decent noise...it wants to be revved...it's also well built...

however, it's really small and with more aggressive drivers on our roads these days, being in a Picanto may make you feel threatened...a Getz will be a better alternative...

but you should also consider a 2nd hand car...or why not top up a bit more money to get a Forte??

Hi there. Im driving a FL 1.4 Getz. Pickup is just nice for daily driving to work but if its for family day, i think FC and power will really suffer.. Same for Picanto if i not wrong.. Perhaps u are willing to spend a little more $ to get a Honda Fit for power wise and better FC?

If you want a small car on a cheap budget, you can get either a Picanto or 1.4A getz.

The other choice is 1.1m getz.

Based on body size, the getz is bigger and gives you a safer feel.

1.4A getz will drink more for sure.

My 1.6m gets about 12 to 13km/L if driven conservatively.

Just for ur info bro, i manage to achieve of max 13km/l for Getz 1.4. and for 1.1 model i heard can really hit till 16km/l. ^_^

Edited by Davetan86

Bro, if you need just a mode of transport.

Why not go for a proton savvy?

Made in Malaysia with Renault d4f clio engine, weights close to a ton with 75bhp power.

Top speed, easily 170km.

FC is easily 14 to 16km/L.

Quite cheap to maintain

But again, it has its downfall.

As a Renault engine, parts are pretty expensive and had to maintain.

Nevertheless, a conti engine definitely feels gd and stable even driving at high speed.

Corning is tuned by lotus and rated euro 3 for safety if I not wrong.

The AMT is a little tricky and really had to maintain.

If you don

I driving Getz 1.1. FC averages abt 16km/l. That is due to precise driving with abt 50% city.

Everything is gd with it so far. No complains. Running costs are low since it only needs to pump 92.

If i were to pick on it, it would be that its slightly on the heavy side. The bonnet weighs alot. If its lighter, FC and pickup would be gd. And for pickup, if i accelerate cleanly to 2.5krpm every gear, i would be slightly behind traffic flow for the 1st 3 gears. After which, no prob le. Of cos if you wanna whack, i was able to keep up with one passenger in my car, with an altis driven by a lady in schumacher mode.

Picanto pickup and FC will be better due to lighter body. But its small. A few k more, i will still pick the Getz. No regrets.

I driving Getz 1.1. FC averages abt 16km/l. That is due to precise driving with abt 50% city.

Everything is gd with it so far. No complains. Running costs are low since it only needs to pump 92.

If i were to pick on it, it would be that its slightly on the heavy side. The bonnet weighs alot. If its lighter, FC and pickup would be gd. And for pickup, if i accelerate cleanly to 2.5krpm every gear, i would be slightly behind traffic flow for the 1st 3 gears. After which, no prob le. Of cos if you wanna whack, i was able to keep up with one passenger in my car, with an altis driven by a lady in schumacher mode.

Picanto pickup and FC will be better due to lighter body. But its small. A few k more, i will still pick the Getz. No regrets.

true... so its depet on u want fc&pickup vs storage

[:)]

50k, can try getting Vios / Impreza / Forte Ex, all better than your options listed. (but all manual)

but then again, i rather drive a better car than a better transmission...

Edited by Windchoco

If having a budget of 40-50000, What you guys would getting, No doubt Getz is 1.4 but is it much better than picanto?

I only need to travel to work plus maybe need a lil power. I heard picanto has a FL version too.

under $50 can fetch u a Avante or Cerato Forte or even a Vios liao.. :o

↡ Advertisement