AMK Hub parking cheats

Picanto

A driver was spotted tailgating another car to enter and exit a carpark without paying, Stomp reported.

Apparently this system of cheating works because the carpark gantry is unable to detect the second vehicle - which is too close, says the reader who highlighted the incident.

The reader was at the Ang Mo Kio (AMK) Hub carpark when he witnessed a vehicle tailgating another car to enter the carpark for free. This incident occurred on Dec 15, 9pm.

The reader told Stomp: "The owner of this vehicle (in the above photo) followed the vehicle in front closely and exited the carpark without paying his parking fee.

"This tactic works and the 2nd vehicle will not be detected as another vehicle exiting the gantry," the reader added.

"Carpark management usually will not pursue the matter further as the cost to investigate may not be viable.

"To these vehicle owners who try to cheat the system: If you don't have money to park - don't drive!

A spokesperson for AMK Hub's management said: "The current system has been designed to ensure the safety of drivers entering and exiting AMK Hub's carpark.

"AMK Hub Mall Management will investigate incidents on a case-by-case basis and reserves the right to take appropriate legal action when necessary."

post-18182-1261192600_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

There are some pple like that mah.

To be honest, i do illegal parking too n kana fine many times. Dun really like coupons carparking, although its the best way to cheat. [:p] Sometimes forget to tear the coupon n tear wrongly [bigcry]

Now i'll try to find indoor carpark with gantry. Dun really mind paying the extra. Save my time for appeal n thinking of excuse.

Hate gantry that need me reached out my golden hand... :angry:

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Is the technology used by HDB/URA inferior to that used by LTA ERP gantry ? I rarely hear any ERP cheats. Also tailgating to exit without paying carpark was long reported in NUS parking, however the system has been upgraded to minimize the cheat rates. Perhaps HDB/URA should talk to NUS about it. [cool]

• Praise 1

That's nothing, if you go down to the botanic gardens on weekend mornings, you will see Mercs, BMWs and Porsches doing the same thing!

is that true? these people make so much $$ yet so stingy?

Is the technology used by HDB/URA inferior to that used by LTA ERP gantry ? I rarely hear any ERP cheats. Also tailgating to exit without paying carpark was long reported in NUS parking, however the system has been upgraded to minimize the cheat rates. Perhaps HDB/URA should talk to NUS about it. [cool]

its a serious offence to cheat the govt. the govt will take action even if its just a few cents. as for amk hub managemement, i dun think they will purse the case unless its a huge amt

aiya owner brought a Magentis coz its cheaper... to save money ma...so carpark also must save ;p

ok flame coming haha...

Edited by Babyt
  • Praise 1

Wow...really cheapskate leh....

So next time if u see someone tailgating at the car park gantry, engage reverse gear, so that the joker behind back off.

once he back off, then drive off.....

Neutral Newbie

Sibeh cheapo & tinkin he'll not b caught redhanded. He must haf done tis many times to b familiar with the gantry system. SiaSway behaviour. [shakehead]

• Praise 1

Really a disgrace. What would his/her children think when they see this?

He would tell his children this is the way to save money!! And probably he will also tell them that how he saved to buy this 2L car.