• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

May I know when to change the fuel filter??? For my previous car, it was 40K km. My current car is Toyota Axio.

I called my PI appointed workshop(MBM) and was told 60K.

I called Riverview and they told me 80K.

I called Hanip and was told 50K.

I went to Stamford and foreman told me no need to change at all.

My mileage is now 39,800+ km and going for my 40K major servicing and not sure whether to change fuel filter.

Please advise. Thks.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

Mits_jc
  • Premium member
    Mits_jc
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Fuel filter for Jap cars typically every 40k km change out.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

Ryosuke
  • Ryosuke
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

May I know when to change the fuel filter??? For my previous car, it was 40K km. My current car is Toyota Axio.

My mileage is now 39,800+ km and going for my 40K major servicing and not sure whether to change fuel filter.

Please advise. Thks.

maybe you can give a call to borneo motor and seek their advice, just ask what's the mileage to change fuel filter for a toyota vios, pretend u vios owner la....
as to me, seems like vios and axio are having the same engine.(maybe i am wrong)

follow borneo recommendation should be quite safe.
do update here what's borneo advice.
rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ryosuke, 19 December 2009 - 04:01 PM.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

Silvertuc
  • Premium member
    Silvertuc
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi bro, I'm also puzzle why there is a fuel filter and it need to change at certain mileage?

I thought petrol is very clean and what is there to filter.

So sorry for my ignorance. I drive a korean car and so far 75k already I'm not aware that I should change the fuel filter. Always oil filter , air filter that's all.

Thanks. wave.gif

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi bro, I'm also puzzle why there is a fuel filter and it need to change at certain mileage?

I thought petrol is very clean and what is there to filter.

So sorry for my ignorance. I drive a korean car and so far 75k already I'm not aware that I should change the fuel filter. Always oil filter , air filter that's all.

Thanks. wave.gif

My previous car is a Sunny.

Look here at their servicing package and items to change.

http://www.nissan.co...rice1.cfm?pkg=C

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

Zippaboy
  • Premium member
    Zippaboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

the new toyota should be 80k as stated in the manual.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Vios and altis confirm 80K according to the owner's manual. but my vios coming 130K liao haven change yet.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

Kungfu
  • Premium member
    Kungfu
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Please advise. Thks.

I on toyota sienta,now over 60k liao. When my car feel a bit draggy, what I do is clean my Hurricane air filter/MAF/Throttle Valve, and viola..........it's powerful again.

Look out for symptoms of fuel filter very super dirty. My old toyota corolla really dirty until the car jerking, then mechanic suspect............change lor

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

Verve
  • Verve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i don t change fuel filter until they are symptoms, otherwise no performance or fc impact at all so no point changing

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thks Guys. thumbsup.gif

I'll not change now and wait for 80K km then. Save some money. biggrin.gif

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

check owners manual and follow. i believe SG petrol is quite free of dirt so no worries.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thks Guys. thumbsup.gif

============

Or just wait till u feel car getting sluggish then change.

Maybe the filter wil last much longer cos our petrols here r very clean compared to maybe Indo or Thai & Phillip.

I hardly ever changed my fuel filters on any of my cars in the past 30 years & I always pump petrol in JB summore.

Old cars is easy to see the fuel filter is dirty as its an opaque plastic container. New cars maybe a bit hard to check.

Edited by Pisces69, 19 December 2009 - 10:39 PM.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:10 AM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

============

Or just wait till u feel car getting sluggish then change.

Maybe the filter wil last much longer cos our petrols here r very clean compared to maybe Indo or Thai & Phillip.

I hardly ever changed my fuel filters on any of my cars in the past 30 years & I always pump petrol in JB summore.

Old cars is easy to see the fuel filter is dirty as its an opaque plastic container. New cars maybe a bit hard to check.

just to add on... to make it even harder to check... some car's fuel filter is located inside the oil tank... toyota, altis and many honda model are design this way.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:33 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just to add on... to make it even harder to check... some car's fuel filter is located inside the oil tank... toyota, altis and many honda model are design this way.

=============

True.

Newer cars make it even more difficult to DIY checks & maintenance.

Thats why I liked my old COE Corona CD which I cud do DIY maint checks & simple repairs by myself.

ADs take advantage of this by charging an arm & a leg to do simple tasks. Of course got + & - to DIY cos if u dont know how to do, u can cause more damage to the car.

New cars, even if u do know, u cannot do cos of special tools needed to do basic maint.

Maybe thats why I still prefer old technology like my Optra. Still can DIY checks & maint on many things. thumbsup.gif

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:16 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thks Guys. thumbsup.gif

Unless you pumped petrol from across the causeway regularly, fuel filter change is to be changed in accordance with the service manual.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Changing of fuel filter also depends on the quality of the fuel pumped.

If the fuel is dirty, u need to change more often.

Last time my corona drive for so many years also never change it. Pump MY petrol summore.

Symptoms like loss of power & jerking cud mean its time to check/change the fuel filter cos its blocked.

If no symptoms, then I dont think its necessary to change at all.

My present Optra now >75K km. I driving since it was 45K km & still no symptoms of filter clogged so just drive lah.

If I have signs of filter dirty, only then I wil have it checked or changed.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Unless you pumped petrol from across the causeway regularly, fuel filter change is to be changed in accordance with the service manual.

===============

I ve been pumping petrol in JB for so many years already & never faced problem of filter clogged.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

===============

I ve been pumping petrol in JB for so many years already & never faced problem of filter clogged.

I learnt something new today. wave.gif
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Phang79
  • Premium member
    Phang79
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Only those filter located in the engine compartment need to change at 40K, those in the fuel compartment change at 80k
Please follow the signature guidelines.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:25 PM

Jeleburacer
  • Premium member
    Jeleburacer
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

wow! when Singapore started digging oil ah! dizzy.gif
Oil refinery company is not like filtering Kopi in the kopitiam lah!

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Fuel, filter, change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users