Fuel filter change

Adrianli

Hi,

May I know when to change the fuel filter??? For my previous car, it was 40K km. My current car is Toyota Axio.

I called my PI appointed workshop(MBM) and was told 60K.

I called Riverview and they told me 80K.

I called Hanip and was told 50K.

I went to Stamford and foreman told me no need to change at all.

My mileage is now 39,800+ km and going for my 40K major servicing and not sure whether to change fuel filter.

Please advise. Thks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

May I know when to change the fuel filter??? For my previous car, it was 40K km. My current car is Toyota Axio.

My mileage is now 39,800+ km and going for my 40K major servicing and not sure whether to change fuel filter.

Please advise. Thks.

maybe you can give a call to borneo motor and seek their advice, just ask what's the mileage to change fuel filter for a toyota vios, pretend u vios owner la....

as to me, seems like vios and axio are having the same engine.(maybe i am wrong)

follow borneo recommendation should be quite safe.

do update here what's borneo advice.

[rolleyes]

Edited by Ryosuke

Hi bro, I'm also puzzle why there is a fuel filter and it need to change at certain mileage?

I thought petrol is very clean and what is there to filter.

So sorry for my ignorance. I drive a korean car and so far 75k already I'm not aware that I should change the fuel filter. Always oil filter , air filter that's all.

Thanks. [wave]

Hi bro, I'm also puzzle why there is a fuel filter and it need to change at certain mileage?

I thought petrol is very clean and what is there to filter.

So sorry for my ignorance. I drive a korean car and so far 75k already I'm not aware that I should change the fuel filter. Always oil filter , air filter that's all.

Thanks. [wave]

My previous car is a Sunny.

Look here at their servicing package and items to change.

http://www.nissan.com.sg/service/price1.cfm?pkg=C

Hi,

Please advise. Thks.

I on toyota sienta,now over 60k liao. When my car feel a bit draggy, what I do is clean my Hurricane air filter/MAF/Throttle Valve, and viola..........it's powerful again.

Look out for symptoms of fuel filter very super dirty. My old toyota corolla really dirty until the car jerking, then mechanic suspect............change lor

Thks Guys. [thumbsup]

I'll not change now and wait for 80K km then. Save some money. :D

============

Or just wait till u feel car getting sluggish then change.

Maybe the filter wil last much longer cos our petrols here r very clean compared to maybe Indo or Thai & Phillip.

I hardly ever changed my fuel filters on any of my cars in the past 30 years & I always pump petrol in JB summore.

Old cars is easy to see the fuel filter is dirty as its an opaque plastic container. New cars maybe a bit hard to check.

Edited by Pisces69

============

Or just wait till u feel car getting sluggish then change.

Maybe the filter wil last much longer cos our petrols here r very clean compared to maybe Indo or Thai & Phillip.

I hardly ever changed my fuel filters on any of my cars in the past 30 years & I always pump petrol in JB summore.

Old cars is easy to see the fuel filter is dirty as its an opaque plastic container. New cars maybe a bit hard to check.

just to add on... to make it even harder to check... some car's fuel filter is located inside the oil tank... toyota, altis and many honda model are design this way.

just to add on... to make it even harder to check... some car's fuel filter is located inside the oil tank... toyota, altis and many honda model are design this way.

=============

True.

Newer cars make it even more difficult to DIY checks & maintenance.

Thats why I liked my old COE Corona CD which I cud do DIY maint checks & simple repairs by myself.

ADs take advantage of this by charging an arm & a leg to do simple tasks. Of course got + & - to DIY cos if u dont know how to do, u can cause more damage to the car.

New cars, even if u do know, u cannot do cos of special tools needed to do basic maint.

Maybe thats why I still prefer old technology like my Optra. Still can DIY checks & maint on many things. [thumbsup]

Thks Guys. [thumbsup]

I'll not change now and wait for 80K km then. Save some money. :D

Unless you pumped petrol from across the causeway regularly, fuel filter change is to be changed in accordance with the service manual.

Changing of fuel filter also depends on the quality of the fuel pumped.

If the fuel is dirty, u need to change more often.

Last time my corona drive for so many years also never change it. Pump MY petrol summore.

Symptoms like loss of power & jerking cud mean its time to check/change the fuel filter cos its blocked.

If no symptoms, then I dont think its necessary to change at all.

My present Optra now >75K km. I driving since it was 45K km & still no symptoms of filter clogged so just drive lah.

If I have signs of filter dirty, only then I wil have it checked or changed.

Unless you pumped petrol from across the causeway regularly, fuel filter change is to be changed in accordance with the service manual.

===============

I ve been pumping petrol in JB for so many years already & never faced problem of filter clogged.

===============

I ve been pumping petrol in JB for so many years already & never faced problem of filter clogged.

I learnt something new today. [wave]

↡ Advertisement