New shopping mall beside Jusco JB(Tebrau)

Theman

Hi all,

Recently drove by the Jaya Jusco shopping centre in JB, saw there is one new shopping centre being build, think the name was Testra or something, anyone being there? big? is it better and more variety than Tebrau shoppign Ctr (Jusco)?

Any kind soul care to share?

thanks a million

↡ Advertisement

The mall is call TESCO and it is a hypermart similar to GIANT

It is before JUSCO and parking is free over this mall.

You can park there and walk over to JUSCO within 5 to 10 minutes

There is a few restaurants, (viet, japanese,etc ), a food court, a cd/dvd shop, thai massage, hairdressing, two bookshops ( not popular hoh ), etc Not many branded goods shop compared to JUSCO.

Number of shops over here is smaller in number than JUSCO.

The mall is call TESCO and it is a hypermart similar to GIANT

It is before JUSCO and parking is free over this mall.

You can park there and walk over to JUSCO within 5 to 10 minutes

There is a few restaurants, (viet, japanese,etc ), a food court, a cd/dvd shop, thai massage, hairdressing, two bookshops ( not popular hoh ), etc Not many branded goods shop compared to JUSCO.

Number of shops over here is smaller in number than JUSCO.

Thanks bro, sounds like i can give it a miss, basically quite like Jusco, spaces and less crowded, and less ah beng ah seng(not only referring to chinese) type of people there... :)

The place to go is Tesco Extra - just carry on down the highway towards Giant Plentong, then when exit left towards Giant Plentong turn right under the bridge - tesco extra rocks. Buy things in bulk cheap cheap one.

any idea if ikea will be opening a branch here. I saw an advert previously, but seems like there's no new construction here

Yes there will be an Ikea opening there in late 2011. Most probably the construction will start early next year.

The building will be right beside Jusco TC and adjacent to TC residences.

Another new place to shop...very interested to get a unit there at TC residences... [;)]

Seems that there's a monorail system to be in place too to connect it to Johor CBD area....wow...

http://wikimapia.org/7467981/IKEA

Edited by Berncsp76

Thanks bro, sounds like i can give it a miss, basically quite like Jusco, spaces and less crowded, and less ah beng ah seng(not only referring to chinese) type of people there... :)

Depending on your needs TS...if you are going just for grocery shopping then Tesco is far better. It is the NTUC for the Boleh Land, while Jusco is more "Cold Storage" pricing... [cool]

FYI Tesco BUkit Indah opening on 31 Jan 2010...official is 04/03/2010...

I love Tesco!!

Edited by Berncsp76

Depending on your needs TS...if you are going just for grocery shopping then Tesco is far better. It is the NTUC for the Boleh Land, while Jusco is more "Cold Storage" pricing... [cool]

I love Tesco!!

I tink bukit indah really up and coming area - I see it getting lots of new places. We do shopping at either tesco extra or giant, never at jusco - too expensive. But during sales times jusco is great - as is parkson, on Sunday were there and bought polo tees - 70% discount, price after discount around 30RM. As I not so fashionable I just wait for the sales for all my clothes I only buy if minimum 50% discount......

yalor yalor... notice the area have lots of food outlets and shopping... [laugh]

In another 2-3yrs time will be Danga Bay area...that place is reclaiming land extensively... [rolleyes]

me too get my clothes from parkson and jusco too, thk can start buying for CNY liao...hehe...

I also tend to shop at Tesco Xtra at Plentong and Giant.

Jusco is generally more expensive.

At Tesco, you can join the club and get some points when you shop and converts to a shopping voucher. :D

If you use Maybank Family&Friends credit card, there's extra 5% rebate.

i definitely prefer tesco then jusco for groceries shopping. cheaper n less crowded. jusco is jus too crowded. u'll feel like u r in a spore shopping ctr. but for variety for shopping others stuffs, jusco is better la.

cant wait for bt indah tesco to open...much easier for me to go by 2nd link.

I love Tesco!!

i have compared the prices between these two, Tesco pricing is cheaper for most items. furthermore if u have maybank credit card u get another 5% off

Yes there will be an Ikea opening there in late 2011. Most probably the construction will start early next year.

The building will be right beside Jusco TC and adjacent to TC residences.

Another new place to shop...very interested to get a unit there at TC residences... [;)]

Seems that there's a monorail system to be in place too to connect it to Johor CBD area....wow...

http://wikimapia.org/7467981/IKEA

read the link given by you, ready by 2009/2010 but no sign of any activity there

read the link given by you, ready by 2009/2010 but no sign of any activity there

ya thk the link not updated.

I checked with the TC residences roadshow guys there last week at Jusco and they confirmed with me leh...haha..duno whether is their sales gimmick anot. Anyway an Ikea outlet will be open there probably in 3 years time...Can't wait! [laugh]

If JB have a clustered shopping area like KL Buit Bintang or PJ that would be great!!! I thk most probably Setia Eco City (Bukit Indah) would fulfill this role... [rolleyes]

I love shopping!!! [laugh]

post-51509-1261455840_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1261455854_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1261455864_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berncsp76

On Terbau City, anyone has any idea if they have those cheap mobile phone accessories shop? If don't have, any suggestion of any other 'mega'mall selling those? Tot of bringing my parents there for such things....as part of their day-trip. I don't usually buy such thing in JB. Thanks