Kill someone only kena fine.. wat a joke!

Ticklish8

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Dec 21, 2009

Fatal accident: Fined $6,500

By Elena Chong, Courts Correspondent

She admitted to causing the death of Mr Muhammad Anis Kamsani, 26, through her negligence inside the carpark of Block 221 Yishun Street 21 on Dec 6 last year. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

A WOMAN motorist who caused the death of a stall assistant and injured his fiancee at a Yishun carpark last year was fined a total of $6,500 on Monday.

Food and beverage senior captain Goh Mui Peng, 49, was also banned from driving for six years by District Judge Lee Poh Choo.

She admitted to causing the death of Mr Muhammad Anis Kamsani, 26, through her negligence inside the carpark of Block 221 Yishun Street 21 on Dec 6 last year.

She also caused hurt to assistant nurse Nurliah Sulaiman, 23, by a negligent act which endangers life by failing to have proper control of the car.

She had stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake, causing the car to reverse over a road kerb and down the slope behind the parking lot, hitting the couple seated on a metal bench.

The court heard that she had successfully parked her car within a lot after a second attempt, but she had not engaged the hand brake of her car after stopping. Mr Anis died on the spot while his fiancee was warded for a day for injuries to her left upper eyelid and limbs.

↡ Advertisement

Guys, we have to be rational about this case and consider all the circumstances. I agree that there is a life lost. If the reports hold true, the driver have no wish of this happening also. It was unintentional.

What should be just then?

Send her to jail at age 50? For stepping on the Accelerator causing the vehicle to reverse instead of on the Brake?

My condolences to the family of the deceased. The driver will live in guilt forever and face torment mentally and social stigma for causing a loss of life.

TS have misled fellow forum readers by posting such a header.

sometimes its freaky...u cant avoid it.

like i didnt know i will kill someone by eating peanuts in front of a peant allergy person. lol

Guys, we have to be rational about this case and consider all the circumstances. I agree that there is a life lost. If the reports hold true, the driver have no wish of this happening also. It was unintentional.

Send her to jail at age 50? For stepping on the Accelerator causing the vehicle to reverse instead of on the Brake?

My condolences to the family of the deceased. The driver will live in guilt forever and face torment mentally and social stigma for causing a loss of life.

If that is the case, then we should actually question why impose a $6500 fine at all.

Is $6500 the going rate for kayu-ness? Why not $50? Why not $20,000?

driving opc outside restricted time = fine $5k -$10k.

killed someone unintentionally(stepped on accelarators instead of break) = fine $6500 + 6yrs ban.

Such laws.... i dare not say anything else.....

$6k go to gahmen....

2 lives put short..... unintentionally....

the least the courts could do is to ban her lifetime since she is as dangerous as someone untrained holding a gun.

like this if i don't like someone i can bang him/her dead & claimed its the pedal i step wrongly... just pay fine & ban 6 yrs wat.

If that is the case, then we should actually question why impose a $6500 fine at all.

Is $6500 the going rate for kayu-ness? Why not $50? Why not $20,000?

i have no answer to your going rate question. I have never read law, in my opinion and to take a leaf out of a traffic accident example. For e.g, in an accident, who offers to pay regardless of amount already admit that he was at fault.

The motorist is at fault here for sure, but for manslaughter, or reckless or kayu-ness(this word sums up everything i could not describe here man.)

Maybe driving without due care or reckless driving is an offence that warrants a fine?

One thing is sure for me, i will never sit in another of those bloody stone benches again.

no, she need to be run over by truck 50 times, TP should set death penalty for those who causes death of another motorist..... haha we will immdiately see no car on the road.

driving opc outside restricted time = fine $5k -$10k.

killed someone unintentionally(stepped on accelarators instead of break) = fine $6500 + 6yrs ban.

Such laws.... i dare not say anything else.....

$6k go to gahmen....

2 lives put short..... unintentionally....

the least the courts could do is to ban her lifetime since she is as dangerous as someone untrained holding a gun.

like this if i don't like someone i can bang him/her dead & claimed its the pedal i step wrongly... just pay fine & ban 6 yrs wat.

Bro, dun worry about her la. 50 yo this year, 6 year ban...i do not think she will ever get her L back.

no, she need to be run over by truck 50 times, TP should set death penalty for those who causes death of another motorist..... haha we will immdiately see no car on the road.

Just tie her to the very bench and let the family members reverse into her can liao la. Revenge must be proportionate...hahaha.

↡ Advertisement