Best comfort/quiet tyres.

Zippaboy

anyone who used PP2 can comment?

recommendations

- LS2000

- PP2

- CPC2

- Toyo Teo plus

i was on PP2 195/50/15...very quiet tyres (imo) given the grip it gives for dry weather...wet weather,travelled 130km/h on nshw with no traces of aquaplanning [;)] Noise also must take into consideration the profile of the tyre & brand of car too!

• Praise 1

some recommended the V8RS from hankook.

i'm using v12 which is fairly low on noise level too. but V8RS supposed to be quieter n less performance-oriented.

LS2000 is my choice in term of value for $$$ for both wet & dry.

Quietness is still acceptable after 20K.

Edited by 7007

Neutral Newbie

tat day visited my frequent tyres shop... owner recommended Thunder brand... he mentioned its another sub brand under 1x branded tyre name... good quiet n comfort tyres... he quoted me special price of 80 per pc.. still thinking abt it...

my frez jus change it

the shop say it similar to michellin brand

anybody here can advise what is lexus stock tyres? i'm sure they are a good indication of what's a good balance of quiet+good tyres. price aside of coz..

recommendations

- LS2000

- PP2

- CPC2

- Toyo Teo plus

Currently on PP2 on 17", already travelled more than 10,000km, good on dry and wet, can take corners and brake well too, run 150km/hr on slightly wet road in NSHW quite stable. Good above average tyre I would say but abit on the high side and some may considered noisy but to me is acceptable as it a UHP tyres. Next tyres will be F1 Assym for me.

Maybe you can try BS RE001

Neutral Newbie

I'm using Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres, excellent grip, very quiet and comfort tyre, give very good steering and handling, Highly recommended! [;)]

best comfort /quiet tyre? are you considering the road holding as well.

best is yokohama aspect series but just MHO dont drive fast on wet.

the best all rounder i can think of is bridgstone re 001 which i am running on is quiet with good performance (not for track)

the next tyre propably michlin LC or bridgestone gr 90 but perpare to pay a premium but still affortable [flowerface]

Safety above everythingsssss dont compromised when you can affort them.

Is not only driving fast that need grip also we need to stop the shortest the possible [bounce2]

Neutral Newbie

recommendations

- LS2000

- PP2

- CPC2

- Toyo Teo plus

i used PP2 ... changed when my car is 50 k km .... now my car is 120k km it is is still running good...but touching the wear indication mark soon i thinking when i check the tyres.. anyway 3+ years liao need to change liao ... overall it is very good... noise wise and grip wise i like it but the price is not cheap ... i paid 180 for my 16" piece

yokohama db is the quietest tyre around, ( unless u keep to 80 km /h)

if u willing to pay, u can look into bs gr80( look out for gr90 next year )

goodyear ls2000 japan make, grip, noise all slightly above average ( for its price its really worth it )

toyo teo plus, very quiet , haven heard any issue with grip b4. but once again, toyo tyres only slightly cheaper then bridgestone tyres.

Yokohama db....is a bit scary.... [sweatdrop]

I could not find the stock to 16inch LS2000 HII. Blessing in disguise.

I ended up buying a Y rated (up to 300km/h rating) performance tyres, the Ultrac Cento made by Vredestine. This is a 2012 European compliant tyre which met with very stringent European noise and wet grip (SW mark) requirements.

I was extremely surprised at the noise level which was really low for a performance tyre. Mind you I was using the Yokohama dNA DB and would expect to hear rumbling noises.

Instead, besides enjoying a much more confident ride now, the noise level, I must say does easily match up with the Yoko.

Besides, these tyres are totally free from PCD, meaning environmentally friendly. It is very light (the 16 inch UC much lighter than my 14inch Yokos) and looks fabulous (designed by Giugiaro who design cars like Lambo and Maserati)

Don't take my words for it, go make inquiries.

Totally recommended.

http://www.tyremen.co.uk/ultrac-cento.html