Best comfort/quiet tyres.

Zippaboy

currently on ls2000... 3000km... its above average grip on dry n wet... above average for noise.. not exactly very quiet

if u looking for quite tyres.. michelin energy xm1 is good.. but i dunno abt the current ones which are made in thai.. was on made in italy tyres michelin beforehand

the quitest tyre and best grip tyre that i had ever used was hankook v8rs.. the other brands juz no fight.. excellent grip in wet and dry... suuuper quiet.. when i first changed to the tyre.. i couldnt even hear the road noise and complaining it is way too quiet. maybe thats y i dun find ls2000 very qiuet,. i would only rate ls2000 as above average..

my 2c worth

cheers

how much was quoted for the PP2? my size is the 205/50/16

=============

That time was abt $150.

U can check with Frankie for his latest prices.

Sorry for my late reply. Was away from town and driving up north in the new set of wheels.

Must say they are surprising quiet and very grippy. Much softer than the Yoko.

I paid SGD190 each for a 205/55/R16 and yes they are costly.

If you read the write up, these tyres are suppose to retained it's characteristics throughout its entire lifespan.

If it is so, then they are worth while.

Only time will tell.

Have a great week ahead.

This looks like a good choice for comfort and quiet tyre. How much you paid? Price range same as LS2000?

In my opinion, optimum pressures to the tyre is of paramount importance.

Well nothing new I guess, but in terms of comfort, getting the right pressure plays a major role.

Now I have "calibrated" the pressure (with the help of the vendor) to the optimum pressure and I am enjoying a ride on performance tyre (rated Y - up to 300km/h) with noise level no less noisier than the Yokos. Simply brilliant! [;)]

There is an advertisement in Youtube for this tyre. Its more than 10minutes long but very inspiring. Makes you feel good owning them.

Take a look and you will know what I mean.

PS. I am not a sales person nor I am related to any parties of the manufacturer nor the vendors. Just sharing my discovery.

Yokohama db....is a bit scary.... [sweatdrop]

The older ES500 (Aspec DB) was scary but not its replacement the ES501 (DNA DB). I am on my 3rd set of DNA DBs and not a single incident of losing control of car in the wet. Yes it is no performance tyre but it is not going to play out anyone who drives sanely.

I hope people will stop assuming that once bad in the wet means all subsequent replacements will also be bad.

in term of comfort, quietness, lasting & value for money...Hankook V8 is second to none.

where is a good place to find/fix this? thks..

hi where did u see the GR90?

How much more expensive than GR80?

I have tried GR80, very happy with it.

Thats why looking forward to try GR90 if its not very expensive.

Thanks