Best comfort/quiet tyres.

Zippaboy

Neutral Newbie

Was on KH15 stock tires for 4 years. I must say for it provides very good grip in both wet and dry conditions but the noise level is high. Have changed to Michelin XM1 and already driven over 1000km. So far, the grips are good and it's very quiet and comfortable.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Look at your driver side door entrance, should have the manufacturer's recommended PSI for a range of tires. If the PSI indicated is 30, rule of thumb is to add 4psi, i.e. 30+4 = 34psi when you pump at a kiosk if you have driven >1.5km due to the hot air expansion in the tire. I got this info from a michelin tire brochure.

Neutral Newbie

which mean i need to find a balancing point between the both. any idea Energy XM1 and GR90, which one have got more grip and less noise

I'm on Energy XM1 for over 1000km. Good grip in both wet and drip conditions. Definitely very quiet. Cost about $100/pc for 185/65/15, include installation, wheel balancing and alignment.

Neutral Newbie

Look at your driver side door entrance, should have the manufacturer's recommended PSI for a range of tires. If the PSI indicated is 30, rule of thumb is to add 4psi, i.e. 30+4 = 34psi when you pump at a kiosk if you have driven >1.5km due to the hot air expansion in the tire. I got this info from a michelin tire brochure.

Excellent recommendation! Many people fail to take this factor into consideration, so despite their best intentions, they are still running underinflated. 6-7psi under-inflation can reduce your tyre life by 8,000 to 10,000km, ie. 18% to 20% based on an estimated lifespan of 50,000kms.

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone suggest a good, reasonably priced replacement for my OEM fronts:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050 // 235 / 50 / 18

Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone suggest a good, reasonably priced replacement for my OEM fronts:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050 // 235 / 50 / 18

Thanks!

Your wheels are big, what car are you driving?

Are your driving the Vellfire or alphard to have such tyre size.

I have just retired my Yoko db, after using to 50K.

These are soft tyre for general driving.

Good enough for my every day use.

Went up NS HW, several times, no problem at >150

price is also mid rangeNot bad for Made in Japan tyres.

Some bigger brand may be mfd in China or Thailand.

I am using a in between. Goodyear RVS. made in Japan. As I wanted a bit more control without loosing on comfort and noise.

Noise level almost the same.(Just pass my hearing test last year).

I usually over inflate 0.5 PSI before returning home.

Check tyre next morning when it has cooled overnight.

Bleed excess pressure to get the correct reading.

in term of comfort, quietness, lasting & value for money...Hankook V8 is second to none.

i think its been phased out and replaced by the V12...you can PM roberton to double check though...

Hi, just to share. Has been using V12 since last year Sept during their Aug Sale. Initially was comfort and grippy. But just this morning the horrible reality of having sport tire surfaced. The rolling noise is rather unbearable. Mileage used is 25k and vehicle is used for regular trip around urban set up. Even my previous DZ101 lasted til 50k.

↡ Advertisement