Ford forum

Pool100

Hi guys, are there any ford owners around here? I've been trying to interact with focus and mondeo owners but it seems that they're quite hard to find here.

When I try to register on the fordclub.sg via the register page http://www.fordclubsg.com/smf/index.php?action=register - it can't be done because there's always an error on the verification picture...

So I really wonder where all the ford owners are hiding. Any idea? Pls help... thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Hmm... I'd like to ask the current mondeo owners (mk3) what they think about their rides and their FCs... heard the 2.3 L variant is quite jialat with FC due to the heavy body and old duratec engine... are you driving a mondeo bro? and are you part of the club?

erm... I can't even register for the first time... there's something wrong with their website... do you happen to have the emails for the admins? Thanks!

Am a Mondeo owner...what would you like to know.

yeah would like to know how I can register to the ford forum! <_<

Heh and mainly would like to know how the FC is like for the mondeo Mk3... thanks!

Had it for quite a while now, the FC is about 10.5km/l, 40/60 city/HW ride and 100 city is 7-8km/l. Did a trip to Malacca recently, it is about one third of the tank, rather well for driving between 140 to 180 kmh. pump up thereafter with only 15l for 220km traveled.

Sorry that I cannot help you with the forum there, didn't face such issues when I registered.

Ok thanks. I was hoping the FC will be slightly better but I guess can't expect much.

If you can get into the ford forum, can ask them if there's something wrong with their registration page? i.e the verification picture

thanks!

Clocked approximately 9.5-10km/L for 50% Highway/50% City. Was on 18" rims though. Quite decent FC for a car of such a size to be honest.

OT: If you are interested in getting the Mondeo which comes with 16" rims and want to upgrade to 17" titanium rims, feel free to PM me because I have a brand new set sitting in my house collecting dust. [laugh]

If you are interested in the current Mondeo 2.3,... well, if you can wait till 2012, I believe they might bring in the 1.6 ECOBoost engine (direct injection turbo charged) with Powershift (dual clutch) gearbox. 180bhp/245Nm/ possible 14km/L with start/stop technology ...

The Mondeo is a wonderful car, good reliability, one of the best front wheel drive chassis, .... only thing is , the engine is not efficient enough ....

am also patiently waiting for the ecoboost and powershift version.

Think the new s60 volvo that should be coming this year will have the ecoboost and powershift.

Volvo XC60 could be coming with the new Ecoboost 2.0T with powershift..... 210PS/350Nm. it could seriously undermine the popular Audi Q5 if its price sensibly.

If you are interested in the current Mondeo 2.3,... well, if you can wait till 2012, I believe they might bring in the 1.6 ECOBoost engine (direct injection turbo charged) with Powershift (dual clutch) gearbox. 180bhp/245Nm/ possible 14km/L with start/stop technology ...

The Mondeo is a wonderful car, good reliability, one of the best front wheel drive chassis, .... only thing is , the engine is not efficient enough ....

That's the main concern about mondeo... it's 2.3 powerplant only generates 208Nm of torque... that's on the low side. And BHP is only 161... low for a 2.3 too.

I think regent has priced mondeo way above what it should be worth... esp. since this is the most basic Trend model only. Major rip off.

↡ Advertisement