• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
104 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

Pool100
  • Premium member
    Pool100
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, are there any ford owners around here? I've been trying to interact with focus and mondeo owners but it seems that they're quite hard to find here.

When I try to register on the fordclub.sg via the register page http://www.fordclubs...action=register - it can't be done because there's always an error on the verification picture...

So I really wonder where all the ford owners are hiding. Any idea? Pls help... thanks!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

Quickfusion
  • Quickfusion
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi - What would you like to know about ford cars?

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

Pool100
  • Premium member
    Pool100
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hmm... I'd like to ask the current mondeo owners (mk3) what they think about their rides and their FCs... heard the 2.3 L variant is quite jialat with FC due to the heavy body and old duratec engine... are you driving a mondeo bro? and are you part of the club?

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

Whitemondeo
  • Whitemondeo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Should try to register yourself again if you want more info.

FC for my previously owned MK III can clocked about 500+km on a full tank base on 85% highway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Move aside if you are slow!!! The world may turn faster without you!!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

Pool100
  • Premium member
    Pool100
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

erm... I can't even register for the first time... there's something wrong with their website... do you happen to have the emails for the admins? Thanks!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

Fortress
  • Premium member
    Fortress
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Am a Mondeo owner...what would you like to know.
"Phi:4:13 - I can do all things, in Christ, who strengthens me.."
"Psa:62:2 - He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my Fortress, I will never be shaken.."

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

Pool100
  • Premium member
    Pool100
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Am a Mondeo owner...what would you like to know.

yeah would like to know how I can register to the ford forum! dry.gif

Heh and mainly would like to know how the FC is like for the mondeo Mk3... thanks!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

Fortress
  • Premium member
    Fortress
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Had it for quite a while now, the FC is about 10.5km/l, 40/60 city/HW ride and 100 city is 7-8km/l. Did a trip to Malacca recently, it is about one third of the tank, rather well for driving between 140 to 180 kmh. pump up thereafter with only 15l for 220km traveled.

Sorry that I cannot help you with the forum there, didn't face such issues when I registered.
"Psa:62:2 - He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my Fortress, I will never be shaken.."

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

Pool100
  • Premium member
    Pool100
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Ok thanks. I was hoping the FC will be slightly better but I guess can't expect much.

If you can get into the ford forum, can ask them if there's something wrong with their registration page? i.e the verification picture

thanks!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

Fortress
  • Premium member
    Fortress
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Noted but I am not active there.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

Quickfusion
  • Quickfusion
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Oh Mondeo...

Sorry I'm a Focus owner so can't advise you on the FC.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

Pool100
  • Premium member
    Pool100
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry but no one else from the fordclubsg forum who can help? rolleyes.gif

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Jetabout777
  • Premium member
    Jetabout777
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Clocked approximately 9.5-10km/L for 50% Highway/50% City. Was on 18" rims though. Quite decent FC for a car of such a size to be honest.

OT: If you are interested in getting the Mondeo which comes with 16" rims and want to upgrade to 17" titanium rims, feel free to PM me because I have a brand new set sitting in my house collecting dust. laugh.gif

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Miles
  • Miles
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If you are interested in the current Mondeo 2.3,... well, if you can wait till 2012, I believe they might bring in the 1.6 ECOBoost engine (direct injection turbo charged) with Powershift (dual clutch) gearbox. 180bhp/245Nm/ possible 14km/L with start/stop technology ...

The Mondeo is a wonderful car, good reliability, one of the best front wheel drive chassis, .... only thing is , the engine is not efficient enough ....

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

Fortress
  • Premium member
    Fortress
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Thanks, never tried. Got myself a technical and service manual to better understand it.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Samshio
  • Premium member
    Samshio
    4th Gear
    Author Image

am also patiently waiting for the ecoboost and powershift version.

Think the new s60 volvo that should be coming this year will have the ecoboost and powershift.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

Miles
  • Miles
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Volvo XC60 could be coming with the new Ecoboost 2.0T with powershift..... 210PS/350Nm. it could seriously undermine the popular Audi Q5 if its price sensibly.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

Pool100
  • Premium member
    Pool100
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

If you are interested in the current Mondeo 2.3,... well, if you can wait till 2012, I believe they might bring in the 1.6 ECOBoost engine (direct injection turbo charged) with Powershift (dual clutch) gearbox. 180bhp/245Nm/ possible 14km/L with start/stop technology ...

The Mondeo is a wonderful car, good reliability, one of the best front wheel drive chassis, .... only thing is , the engine is not efficient enough ....

That's the main concern about mondeo... it's 2.3 powerplant only generates 208Nm of torque... that's on the low side. And BHP is only 161... low for a 2.3 too.

I think regent has priced mondeo way above what it should be worth... esp. since this is the most basic Trend model only. Major rip off.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

Miles
  • Miles
    5th Gear
    Author Image

They used to bring in Titanium trim (NOT Titanium X) ..... but i think no more. The last i asked, they have only a beige colour sedan left for the titanium.
What's left now are the Trend.

And then, the OMV.... its so damn low.... only about 25k. I think Honda Civic already more than that.

If you want a good deal,... wait till March or April, when they want to clear their YoM 2009 cars... then they will give good deals.
Otherwise, better to wait for the ECOBoost + Powershift to come (probably 2012) .... or buy another car. like the Citroen C5, Renault Laguna, Skoda Superb, Alfa 159, Mazda 6 or the Opel Insignia.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

Jolie888
  • Jolie888
    Banned

I think regent has priced mondeo way above what it should be worth... esp. since this is the most basic Trend model only. Major rip off.

High markups / margin on Ford cars are a well known fact, debated ad infinitum in MCF in the past .... until nobody wants to talk about it any more now.

Go to LTA's ONEMOTORING and look under cost of cars and you will understand why.
Look at the OMV, prevailing COE and selling price.

Why must one pay a premium for a non-luxury mass-market marque?
Its a free world. Ask anything you want and potential buyers will all but disperse.
There are always options.

Sad - cos the Focus and Modeo are really good cars. sad.gif

Another similar case is FIAT. How many are on SG roads?

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users