Ford forum

Pool100

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys please advise which workshop is the best in your opinion for servicing / repair of ford. I used to go Ethoz. As Their Gul Branch ceased its operation, I need to find out near by woodlands or Tuas. Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys please advise which workshop is the best in your opinion for servicing / repair of ford. I used to go Ethoz. As Their Gul Branch ceased its operation, I need to find out near by woodlands or Tuas. Thanks

You can try Allen Motor Workshop at 1 Sin Ming Drive #01-127

Call before you go down. 94521771 (Allen)

Also, you can join the Ford has a facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/FordClubSingapore/

Neutral Newbie

Thinking of replacing the stereo headunit on a 2010 Ford Focus Trend (The MK2 kind). Is there a shop in SG that has units suitable for Ford Focus?

intending to get an used ford fiesta, any one have any reviews on it?

tried to search for one but cant really get much review. looking at the maintenance costs like EO and stuff.

Most Ford owners go Allen Motor at Sin Ming.

GB is Dual clutch type. You should test drive to see whether you like Dual Clutch or CVT or Traditional Auto.

Some people just can't accept Dual Clutch, and DC have shudder at time at gear 1 and 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Had been waiting to be accepted in the ford club facbook group. Anyone can assist? my 1year old focus is facing an issue so need ford bros advice. Thanks

I have a question about Ford Focus (2007) auxiliary power socket. Not sure if posting in this thread will attract any response, but worried that posting new thread later kanna said anyhow create new  [sweatdrop]

I just won an ASUS car cam, and am planning to install in my old ford focus. The cam has a car charger and is supposed to be plugged into the auxiliary power socket and will record only when engine is running, and stop when engine is cut.

But when i plug into the power socket, even when engine is cut, the power supply does not stop...

I took a look a the manual, and it says:

The auxiliary power socket can also be used to power 12 volt appliances having a current rating of maximum 10 amperes. However, if the engine is not running, the will cause the battery to discharge.

Does any Ford owner face this problem also? Is there any way to cut the power to the power socket when engine is cut off? Else, I'll have to either manually switch off the cam or pull out the charger every time i cut engine, and plug it in when starting engine -- very inconvenient.

Is this unique to Ford, or all conti cars are like this? I've only been driving Jap and Korean cars so far, so am not familiar with this.

Thanks.

I have a question about Ford Focus (2007) auxiliary power socket. Not sure if posting in this thread will attract any response, but worried that posting new thread later kanna said anyhow create new  [sweatdrop]

I just won an ASUS car cam, and am planning to install in my old ford focus. The cam has a car charger and is supposed to be plugged into the auxiliary power socket and will record only when engine is running, and stop when engine is cut.

But when i plug into the power socket, even when engine is cut, the power supply does not stop...

Does any Ford owner face this problem also? Is there any way to cut the power to the power socket when engine is cut off? Else, I'll have to either manually switch off the cam or pull out the charger every time i cut engine, and plug it in when starting engine -- very inconvenient.

Is this unique to Ford, or all conti cars are like this? I've only been driving Jap and Korean cars so far, so am not familiar with this.

Thanks.

If I am not wrong, most car cams that are plugged to the auxiliary power socket will still operate for a couple of minutes (after the engine is cut off) before switching off. Does yours run the whole night through? Check the recorded videos  to confirm.

I have a question about Ford Focus (2007) auxiliary power socket. Not sure if posting in this thread will attract any response, but worried that posting new thread later kanna said anyhow create new [sweatdrop]

Thanks.

My previous 09 focus doesn't shut power off to the 12v after engine shut off. It will run throughout the night
↡ Advertisement