Eyelid headlight

Kurty

thinking of doing DIY or engage a workshop for an installation of eyelid on the headlight.

would like to ask if anyone done it before and willing to enlighten the skill.

last but not least, with regards to the LTA compliance, has anyone done it and encounter any issue with them?

as i read that someone actually wrote in to LTA and they don't have a concern on this.

Pls see below

Hi bros,

I've check with LTA regarding this issue and even sent them a pic of one of those CS3 with eyelids for reference. Below is the reply from LTA.

Dear Sir

Query on Vehicle Modification Standard

FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20091214-0038

We refer to your email dated 12 Dec 09.

We would like to inform you that the Land Transport Authority (LTA) requires all designs of vehicle lights to bear approved markings to show that they comply with international standards, such as those adopted in the European Union countries, Japan and the United States. The lights must also conform to their illuminated colour and intensity. For headlamps, we require every unit fitted on the vehicle to be capable of showing a white light to the front of the vehicle. The alignment of the headlamps must be within specified limits so as not to cause glare and distraction to other road users.

Based on the picture provided, we have no objection to the retrofitting of the headlamp eyelids on your vehicle so long as the characteristic and performance of the headlamps are not adversely affected and the headlamps continue to conform to the above-stipulated requirements.

WONG POH LUM

for DEPUTY DIRECTOR

VEHICLE ENGINEERING DIVISION

LAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY

↡ Advertisement

as long dont cover until half the headlamp gone should be alright

opps, my bad

i think i got the wrong understanding. it should be like the audi lookalike LED on headlight, think the correct term should be call daylight LED.

Neutral Newbie

Does this mean that we can have the led lights around the headlights without any issues from LTA.. This is ground breaking news if its really true!

as long dont cover until half the headlamp gone should be alright

opps, my bad

i think i got the wrong understanding. it should be like the audi lookalike LED on headlight, think the correct term should be call daylight LED.

daylight LED refers to GTR LED on the bumper kind... i tink wat u wan is the audi R8 lookalike LED..

↡ Advertisement