Bardahl Synthetic Oil

Fuzzylogic

Yes, price is about the same but to your engine is totally different. Would you feel your car feels cleaner washing it once or twice? Same price paid but confirm better for the engine.

=============

Agreed the more often u change oil, the fresher it wil b cos it starts to detiorate the day u put it in.

BUT I feel it was made to last 10K km as it has been certified so I just use till 10K km as I dont feel much difference even till it has run its course.

Changing more often wil mean my maintenance costs wil go up unnecessarily. As long as I dont whack when its nearing 10K km, I am not worried.

↡ Advertisement

===========

This brand was very popular in racing circles & is more popular in US.

Very old & established brand. The price u got quite cheap but still lose to the CL oil. :D

Thanks for sharing. Been wanting to find out more about this brand.

Yes, price is about the same but to your engine is totally different. Would you feel your car feels cleaner washing it once or twice? Same price paid but confirm better for the engine.

Changing engine oil more frequent = better for engine is a myth.

Below some SAE papers for your reading pleasure...

https://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2007-01-4133

and

https://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2006-01-1099

the key is change it at optimum interval, not too soon, not too long.

Thanks for sharing. Been wanting to find out more about this brand.

================

Just do a search on Google or Yahoo & u wil get a lot of info on it. Why u want to use this not so popular in SG brand?

Just stick to the good stuff used by the bros here. prices not too ex & quality has been tested & proven. I used RP b4. Good but a little ex now so I switched to C Lube for cheap & good. Hahaha [laugh]

Changing engine oil more frequent = better for engine is a myth.

Below some SAE papers for your reading pleasure...

https://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2007-01-4133

and

https://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2006-01-1099

the key is change it at optimum interval, not too soon, not too long.

very suprise to read the article... if it is true that aged oil provided better wear protection, what every car owner just need to get a external canister oil filter and clean up the engine oil and re-use, re-use and re-use.... wow... all the oil manufacturer will eat grass liao...

Edited by Tigershark1976

very suprise to read the article... if it is true that aged oil provided better wear protection, what every car owner just need to get a external canister oil filter and clean up the engine oil and re-use, re-use and re-use.... wow... all the oil manufacturer will eat grass liao...

But there is a limit on how much contamination the oil can take and how long before the additive wears out, then oil will breakdown and cause sludge. A optimium oil change interval is the wise approach.

================

Just do a search on Google or Yahoo & u wil get a lot of info on it. Why u want to use this not so popular in SG brand?

Just stick to the good stuff used by the bros here. prices not too ex & quality has been tested & proven. I used RP b4. Good but a little ex now so I switched to C Lube for cheap & good. Hahaha [laugh]

LOL....Stumbled across the brand...Cannot remember where and who...

I am using OWS now....I might try the C lube at the next oil change.

Serious bo... 15,000 miles le..... Like that I can change oil once a year.. That is like 20,000km like that.... But what sort of oil did they use and also what sort of vehicle was tested? Unbelievable :huh:

i think its very different to compare any oil... to run non-stop for 10000km.... against another oil... that probably sits in the car for months, heating up and cooling back hundreds of time with carbon build up everytime you start the car...

LOL....Stumbled across the brand...Cannot remember where and who...

I am using OWS now....I might try the C lube at the next oil change.

===========

Ya C Lube is certified & is a reputable brand so since its also cheap (on offer), might as well use it.

I dont believe in those expensive "branded' oils. U r only paying for the brand name & advertising costs not the oil in the bottle.

Serious bo... 15,000 miles le..... Like that I can change oil once a year.. That is like 20,000km like that.... But what sort of oil did they use and also what sort of vehicle was tested? Unbelievable :huh:

===============

Several European makes now have 15K km service interval cos the engines r better designed with less friction.

In the future we have ceramic engines that do not need service. Just use till certain mileage then remove & change a new one.

Old engine wil b re-built & sold to the next person. [rolleyes]

===========

Ya C Lube is certified & is a reputable brand so since its also cheap (on offer), might as well use it.

I dont believe in those expensive "branded' oils. U r only paying for the brand name & advertising costs not the oil in the bottle.

I will shop for one when I go Giant one of these days. :D

I will shop for one when I go Giant one of these days. :D

agree with Pisces. C lube is ok and i'm changing to that for my next servcing. so far, my current oil served me well!

agree with Pisces. C lube is ok and i'm changing to that for my next servcing. so far, my current oil served me well!

What oil you using now?

Maybe we go SSC's Giant together and do a group buy. It might be cheaper. LOL...[laugh]

using castrol now. u go ahead bro...got mine already. bought it during the sales when Pisces told me to cheong buy! hehe

Wah....He beri good friend with you hor....How come you neber tell me when he told you? [laugh]

Wah....He beri good friend with you hor....How come you neber tell me when he told you? [laugh]

not bad lah....he is always my great bud for travelling....very nice guy! we can't do without him! hehe

dunno lei...that time haven't really set up lancer club mah! hahaha

not bad lah....he is always my great bud for travelling....very nice guy! we can't do without him! hehe

dunno lei...that time haven't really set up lancer club mah! hahaha

You neber introduce me to him.... [smash]

↡ Advertisement