Camry Tailgate for free parking

Angmokio

Neutral Newbie

I was at Expo last Wednesday (6/1) and left at 6:20pm. This Camry (attached) tailgate my back at the exit gantry and gotten his free parking.

To test if the parking mgt really chap about these act, I wrote to the Expo mgt.

Below is the extract of their repy:

Thank you for sending us the details of the tailgating incident at Singapore Expo.

We regret that we are unable to pursue this with the errant driver as our system needs his IU number to check if he had paid or not paid carpark charges. It is also not in our jurisdiction to pursue charges against this deliberate act.

We are glad that this incident did not cause you any harm and we hope this will not deter you from visiting Singapore Expo in the future.

So my question is, are those ERP carpark exit signs saying tailgater will be handed over to the police for real?

post-57347-1262939222_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It happen to me too at Suntec last week. Car behind me tailgate and got free parking. Btw its an Audi. 1st time encounter it personally. If I am not wrong there was also a report recently from Stomp about such case at Ang Mo Kio Hub.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

if you had braked as you were passing the barrier... the fella would be stuck and have had to pay...

or you need a new bumper/ trunk or money? :D

got $$ buy camry, no $$ pay parking ah,

so malu, should expose his number big big

my office carpark always got people tailgate me when i leaving too

these idiots will park 1 side near exit and wait, then when you want to exit, they quickly accelerate up and tailgate u tightly... so freaking obvious... i just move off at a snail crawling pace after i clear the barrier, then see their shocked faces in the rear view mirror.

carparks should implement those super sensitive and quick decucting scanner. even no barrier or idiots who try to tailgate, also cannot escape.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

You cannot do anything as the police will not pursue further.

But you can jam brake if you need to change to a new bumper [:p] .

I guess if not many ppl doing it, authority will not take action.

Unless it reaches to a time when every driver cooperates and moves in "dragon" formation at the exit point, than they will implement law.

Edited by Angmokio

Neutral Newbie

i welcome people to tailgate me to get free parking

i confirm wont jam brake [cool]

if yours is lao pok kar, than tailgater will think twice!

i welcome people to tailgate me to get free parking

i confirm wont jam brake [cool]

why you so nice? actually u r penalising yourself

when car park revenue go down, but maintenence costs still the same, what will logically follow is an increase in parking rates.

1 carpark increase, rest in the vicinity also increase...

so we must do all we can to let the carpark management earn big time.

Neutral Newbie

I wonder what is their CCTV for?

anyway, to pursue a few dollars of parking fee is a waste of manpower & time.

next time I will surely move off super slowly.

I also notice nowadays they put a lot of humps to prevent this.

got $$ buy camry, no $$ pay parking ah,

so malu, should expose his number big big

my office carpark always got people tailgate me when i leaving too

these idiots will park 1 side near exit and wait, then when you want to exit, they quickly accelerate up and tailgate u tightly... so freaking obvious... i just move off at a snail crawling pace after i clear the barrier, then see their shocked faces in the rear view mirror.

carparks should implement those super sensitive and quick decucting scanner. even no barrier or idiots who try to tailgate, also cannot escape.

I also dont understand why these drivers are so cheapskate. And chances are people like such drivers who are cheapskate are more likely to do things that the authorities cant do anything do them and remain thick skin and defiant when confronted.

a simple way is to do double barrier. no need cctv or security guard stand there

1 in front and 1 behind the car that is going to exit.

the barrier behind wont open until the front barrier has closed,.

Maybe they should install as many humps BEFORE the barrrier, aka one car length before the barrier.

This way the exiting car can smoothly exit without any annoying humps.

The following car will have to accelerate thru a few humps, maybe 4-5 humps which will be uncomfortable.

I forsee a new type of exit system. Double barriers, where the waiting car behind has a extra barrier that will prevent it from going too near to the front car.

• Praise 1

Another way is like my carpark.... the barrier goes down so fast that when u try to taigate, in d end hit ur car.... seen alot of time the barrier falls...

↡ Advertisement