Camry Tailgate for free parking

Angmokio

If I happen to see that a vehicle come very close to my vehicle during exit, I will stop my vehicle just short of the barrier. The 'IU Reader' at the exit will read the rear vehicle .... [sly]

Only during movement that the rear vehicle escape the reader. Happen to me quite a few times at Toa Payoh Central car park (behind Library). I stop completely and through my rear view mirror, can see the driver buay song..... -_-

Its only when complete stop then the 'reader' will communicate with the IU and one can hear the 'beep'.

Yes u r right. If e reader us adjusted too far back u remove yr cashcard fm reader n it capture car behind barrier wil open fr u. Once u pass tru e car behind cannot exit cos system thinks he already left so there is no "entry" time fr it to calculate chgs.

But some systems wil just deduct again or treat as under grace period.

I heard of one case driver park illegally too near gantry n when he return his cashcard was empty cos every car leaving chgs were deducted from him.

He complain no use cos he was not supposed to park there. Llpl.

Hahaha.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

If I happen to see that a vehicle come very close to my vehicle during exit, I will stop my vehicle just short of the barrier. The 'IU Reader' at the exit will read the rear vehicle .... [sly]

Only during movement that the rear vehicle escape the reader. Happen to me quite a few times at Toa Payoh Central car park (behind Library). I stop completely and through my rear view mirror, can see the driver buay song..... -_-

Its only when complete stop then the 'reader' will communicate with the IU and one can hear the 'beep'.

Does it worked? The reader will read your car's IU first, since you pass by the reader first, isn't it?

Btw, I ever (also) kena once at Toa Payoh Central car park (behind Library), that was a few years ago. During then I did observed the car behind me tailed me very closely...after I exit I realised he also exit with me and the driver was smiling away... [:(]

I saw a taxi driver got foc parking by not inserting card card and kept calling for help through the intercom.

He wasted time and in the end they just lift the barrier and let him go without checking that he did not insert cash card.

I was behind I just drove and everything is in order cash card machine working and parking paid.

Supercharged

I saw a taxi driver got foc parking by not inserting card card and kept calling for help through the intercom.

He wasted time and in the end they just lift the barrier and let him go without checking that he did not insert cash card.

I was behind I just drove and everything is in order cash card machine working and parking paid.

That is very subjective as the taxi driver may not have cheated in the first place.

There was once I could get in at the entrance without the reader scanning my cash card (cos the car in-front reverse out after his IU was detected by the reader, leaving the barrier open). At exit point, I had to intercom the office and tell them what happened and they let me out, so FOC parking for me!

Does it worked? The reader will read your car's IU first, since you pass by the reader first, isn't it?

Btw, I ever (also) kena once at Toa Payoh Central car park (behind Library), that was a few years ago. During then I did observed the car behind me tailed me very closely...after I exit I realised he also exit with me and the driver was smiling away... [:(]

It will work.

When you reach the "reader", you have to completely stop for the barrier to lift up. After you pass, if the rear vehicle kept close to you, you just stop your car with your boot just beside the barrier and the 'Reader' will read the rear car.... [sly]

All this is because there is another sensors on the floor which sense moving vehicle. If continue movement, the 'Reader' will mistaken as a long vehicle. When stop with boot in line with barrier, the 'Reader' active again as no movement sense on the floor.... [cool]

Edited by Picnic06
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

It will work.

When you reach the "reader", you have to completely stop for the barrier to lift up. After you pass, if the rear vehicle kept close to you, you just stop your car with your boot just beside the barrier and the 'Reader' will read the rear car.... [sly]

What if you brake and the rear car hits your car? Then he can say you e-brake for no reason and claim against you.... :o

how does it work? I suppose the IU reader will read 2 IU's but only one deduction.. wont that sound the alarm or something?

If reader capture 2 iu n only 1 has a cashcard it wil deduct fm there.

Typical n true to sg style...grab e money 1st. If got problem...later can settle.

Hahaha.

What if you brake and the rear car hits your car? Then he can say you e-brake for no reason and claim against you.... :o

When the rear vehicle hits me, with both of us travelling in the same lane, maintaining lane discipline, ... no dispute lah. 100% claim on him.

I can just say "Oh! I saw a dog/cat/mouse/etc suddenly dashing pass ... hence I braked. Why you keep so close to me leh?"

Nowadays there are multiple humps at CP exits maybe it's to deter such gian png ppl.

Enter causeway point's Carpark (upper stories) also there's 3-4 humps before the barrier.

so easily to get free parking from tailgating?

will it be possible the tailgate is not successful and then the barrier bang on the car?

If you goto the Botanic gardens on weekend mornings you will see Porsche , Mercs, Audis, BMWs do this - last time Golden Shoe carpark the Mercs do this a lot.

The best one I saw at Botanic Gardens, I had finished my run and was warming down beside my car, saw three uncles and their friends get into a Porsche Cayenne, Merc G class and a Merc SLK - they were all signalling to each other and smiling strangely - I thought it looked weird so I watched. the SLK drive thru first, followed closely by the other two as soon as the barrier lifted and the SLK was clear, the Cayenne behind him immediately accelerated as the barrier was coming down - the barrier hits the roof of the Cayenne - but smart old Porsche uncle had a roof rack and it hit that - the barrier slowly bounced back up and the G class behind him leisurely drove through.

I guess they saved enough to buy another COE...

Maybe they should install as many humps BEFORE the barrrier, aka one car length before the barrier.

This way the exiting car can smoothly exit without any annoying humps.

The following car will have to accelerate thru a few humps, maybe 4-5 humps which will be uncomfortable.

I forsee a new type of exit system. Double barriers, where the waiting car behind has a extra barrier that will prevent it from going too near to the front car.

you got park at Harbour Front Carpark before? 3 to 4 humps at the Exit just near the barrier, I think no tailgaters because if tailgate, the front car roll back due to the hump, then sure kena. If the car behind Got DVR, sure kena self pawned for tailgating and need to pay the Car in front for the new bumper.

Anyone ever saw tailgaters at Harbour Front Carpark?

Turbocharged

aiyoh life in sg already more and more ex and stressful, people want to take risk to save a few bucks let them be lah....

nowadays no more space for free parking... in the west where i work, used to have free carparks like science centre, singapore poly, old jtc, etc but now they have all installed iu per minute parking.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1