Camry Tailgate for free parking

Angmokio

Supercharged

All have one. [laugh]

Yes, I think so too.

But please have some understanding la ; he needs to save up so he got money to change gearbox.

[laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I think the Jetta had intention to cheat. Usually you will slow down for the reader to read your IU, hear the beep , and when the barrier is up drive thru. He simply drove thru knowing that the barrier's auto sensor will stop it from hitting his car.

But please have some understanding la ; he needs to save up so he got money to change gearbox.

i did forget to slow down and almost hit the banner when it came down, some time when you are talking to people next to you and the car in front move, you will move automatically and forget you have to stop in front of the gantry.

The best one I saw at Botanic Gardens, I had finished my run and was warming down beside my car, saw three uncles and their friends get into a Porsche Cayenne, Merc G class and a Merc SLK - they were all signalling to each other and smiling strangely - I thought it looked weird so I watched. the SLK drive thru first, followed closely by the other two as soon as the barrier lifted and the SLK was clear, the Cayenne behind him immediately accelerated as the barrier was coming down - the barrier hits the roof of the Cayenne - but smart old Porsche uncle had a roof rack and it hit that - the barrier slowly bounced back up and the G class behind him leisurely drove through.

I think its not the couple of bucks savings that they are after ; its the thrill of beating the system . They probably think that even if they rear end each other , they can afford the repairs anyway. When you are rich , bored , sometimes you look for some exictement.

Its like parking for one hour and you tear a 50 cents coupon. Start time 15 min later than actual , and you return to your car 15min later than you coupon time. if no summon , happy, not because save 50cents but because you " beat the system" .

But please, if you try to beat the system by tailgating another car at barrier , or stop at road shoulder waiting for ERP lights to go off , you are endengering others; and you are not just a cheapskate but also a moron.

I think its not the couple of bucks savings that they are after ; its the thrill of beating the system . They probably think that even if they rear end each other , they can afford the repairs anyway. When you are rich , bored , sometimes you look for some exictement.

Its like parking for one hour and you tear a 50 cents coupon. Start time 15 min later than actual , and you return to your car 15min later than you coupon time. if no summon , happy, not because save 50cents but because you " beat the system" .

But please, if you try to beat the system by tailgating another car at barrier , or stop at road shoulder waiting for ERP lights to go off , you are endengering others; and you are not just a cheapskate but also a moron.

I stopped trying to beat the system in SG like that long ago.

Usually the penalty is so high, Its not worth cos once u get caught....All the savings wil b lost. [bigcry]

There r other ways to beat the system "Legally". [sly]

• Praise 1

You have a point there, but there is also a chance that this Jetta driver isn't from this area, or first time visiting this mall, so he tot the gantry is auto-detect deduction type, just like any other parking system. So he just drive thru loh.

I sometimes go new place n not familiar n my mind is pre-occupied with other things n might just drive tru thinking its all fully automatic now.

Last week I kenna.

I insert cashcard as I left my Carpark n all seems like OK.

I drove around n passed tru several places which auto deduct from my cashcard without problem.

Then I drove tru the Gantry at Fort Canning n after I passed the gantry, my IU show ERR.?????

Now I waiting to see if get letter from LTA or not. [sweatdrop]

perhaps the jetta had done it many times liao and he knew the barrier will lift up and no parking fees is deducted .. that's why must cheong

he just need one time to meet a not so sensitive barier ... but again ... he may argue barrier problem and claim the property owner [sly]

when someone already determined to cheat ... he will go all the way unless he was caught pants down

I will not risk saving afew bucks of parking fee for paying a repair bill if the gantry gate hit my ride..... [hur]

Edited by Wt_know

I sometimes go new place n not familiar n my mind is pre-occupied with other things n might just drive tru thinking its all fully automatic now.

Last week I kenna.

I insert cashcard as I left my Carpark n all seems like OK.

I drove around n passed tru several places which auto deduct from my cashcard without problem.

Then I drove tru the Gantry at Fort Canning n after I passed the gantry, my IU show ERR.?????

Now I waiting to see if get letter from LTA or not. [sweatdrop]

Why dun you write to LTA n ask them?

There was once the same happened to me...

I wrote in... they checked n told me no record of my car passing thru that gantry....

Tell thrm u wan to pay if they did not manage to deduct the money...

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Punggol Plaza.

This carpark needs to insert cashcard to deduct parking fee.

But it could also be the car was still within the grace period, so barrier lifted again without coming down fully.

IIRC, this car park also need to insert cash card if it is within the free grace period.

Hate those carpark when dunno that must insert instead of auto.

Stop far far from reader, then look like lady driver because cannot reach the reader...

[bounce1][bounce1][furious][furious]

I did question this before.

Someone mentioned that it costs a lot more for the auto version + complaints if CP offers free complimentary parking (when people forget to remove cashcard).

I am a fairly tall person. I need to drive so close to the machine to almost the point of banging down the machine, and I still have to stretch out fully just to insert the blardy cashcard. More interesting if it's upslope + you're driving a manual car.

Hate those carpark when dunno that must insert instead of auto.

Stop far far from reader, then look like lady driver because cannot reach the reader...

[bounce1][bounce1][furious][furious]

Edited by Kangadrool

i remember long long time ago. There was another way to cheat the carpark system. Slot a thin card (those arcade game card) between cashcard chip and reader. Gantry will open but won't deduct

• Praise 1

IIRC, this car park also need to insert cash card if it is within the free grace period.

within grace period no need to insert card, tried that in one of the industrial building at kaki bukit. After grace period must insert to deduct then barrier lift up.

↡ Advertisement