Top 10 selling cars in Singapore for 2009

Chao5

it's very surprising to see Cerato Forte get 3rd because it was only launched in Q2 or Q3 2009.

if i remember correctly, cerato forte is launched in Q1 of 2009 and run out of stock quickly. anyone here who have a cerato forte registered in Feb09??

Q2 and Q3 started the main bulk of car deliveries.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

sunny and picanto are different category. picanto and sunny were never seen as direct competitors in the car sales market.

sunny used to take the no. 1 spot a decade back. but bad f.c and dated design has seen the decline of the sale.

a newly registered sunny driven out from the showroom will look like any other weather beaten sunnys on the road

I mean the Cheap-car category

First, congratulations on Avante on getting first. Impressive that a Korean car got first spot, overtaking Toyota. Well done. [thumbsup]

Second, I'm surprise that Lancer GLX still can squeeze into top 10. Its like the energizer bunny, won't give up. [bounce1]

Our lau pok chia is probably also due to its reliability...... [laugh]

From the same article, it say "The Avante's pole position was achieved early on because of its unbeatable price, which at one stage, started from just under $40,000 including COE." So can I assume that being cheap, is the reason for the impressive sales?

Not really the sole factor but I guess people also take FC into consideration. I suppose Altis and Vios gave reasonable FC records to draw people to buy them.

And third factor in my opinion, is people who have itchy backside....There are quite a lot of aftermarket parts for brands like Honda. [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Yuan

Not really the sole factor but I guess people also take FC into consideration. I suppose Altis and Vios gave reasonable FC records to draw people to buy them.

For Altis, its FC is not fantastic. Lancer GLX is as good as Altis. but its badge appeal is very good.

if not City and Jazz will had being up there too.

Edited by Joseph22

Btw, the figures are given by authorised dealers. Cars sold by PI are not included. I reckon if cars sold by PI were considered, Toyota Wish will be appearing on higher positions. Honda Jazz/Fit might manage to squeeze into top 10 as well. In terms of volume sales from all PI and AD, Toyota is undoubtedly the best selling cars in Singapore. (lets not go into price or performance here, we can start another thread on it)

I do believe that Korean cars will be the up and coming. Forte and Avante has extremely good value proposition. Toyota Vios and Altis has been receiving quite some flak on this forum due their declining quality and build. Will be expecting to see Korean-made cars overtaking Japanese cars in terms of sales here.

Btw, the figures are given by authorised dealers. Cars sold by PI are not included. I reckon if cars sold by PI were considered, Toyota Wish will be appearing on higher positions. Honda Jazz/Fit might manage to squeeze into top 10 as well. In terms of volume sales from all PI and AD, Toyota is undoubtedly the best selling cars in Singapore. (lets not go into price or performance here, we can start another thread on it)

I do believe that Korean cars will be the up and coming. Forte and Avante has extremely good value proposition. Toyota Vios and Altis has been receiving quite some flak on this forum due their declining quality and build. Will be expecting to see Korean-made cars overtaking Japanese cars in terms of sales here.

i dont think we can see them over tale toyota in the next 5~10 years in singapore.

They will if their American and European market continue to grow.. Japs are loosing their share in those markets now, if those countries starts to like them, slowly Singpaoreans will like them. Singaporeans like to follow Ang Mor in a way [:p]

yes. maybe not in the near future. hardly perceivable for that to occur within this year. the effects of high yen value has taken a toll on japanese car sales in 2009, yet japanese car emerge top seller. now that yen has dropped slightly, the chances of korean cars sales overtaking japanese is even lower. but korean car has good value proposition. so it's a wait and see kind of thing.

yes. maybe not in the near future. hardly perceivable for that to occur within this year. the effects of high yen value has taken a toll on japanese car sales in 2009, yet japanese car emerge top seller. now that yen has dropped slightly, the chances of korean cars sales overtaking japanese is even lower. but korean car has good value proposition. so it's a wait and see kind of thing.

yap. when the competition get tight in this kind of situation. it can only be good for us.

They will if their American and European market continue to grow.. Japs are loosing their share in those markets now, if those countries starts to like them, slowly Singpaoreans will like them. Singaporeans like to follow Ang Mor in a way [:p]

If i am not wrong, the jap are lossing to VW rather than Korean. in the near future, i see Audi group as their main threat instead of Korean car.

If i am not wrong, the jap are lossing to VW rather than Korean. in the near future, i see Audi group as their main threat instead of Korean car.

In the global context, VW has already overtaken Toyota as an automaker in 2009. That's a fact to reckon with!

With cheap cars like picanto..sunny sure loose

a no frills picanto already cost more than 40k brand new........and that is not consider cheap.

after the coe quota cut in april this year, i expect picanto price to hit close to 50k. in summary, no more cheap new cars

I want Cerato forte with bodykit... =)

you are asking for problems with this model. just browse through the local forte car forum. tons of issues with the car and AD

From the same article, it say "The Avante's pole position was achieved early on because of its unbeatable price, which at one stage, started from just under $40,000 including COE." So can I assume that being cheap, is the reason for the impressive sales?

NO. being cheap and GOOOOODDD is the key.

↡ Advertisement