• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
156 replies to this topic | 358 praises

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:36 PM

Header
  • Header
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone did dental/ tooth implant before?
My parents want to do it. But it is not cheap at $5k per tooth.
Know of anywhere that is cheaper but reliable too?

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yes, I did mine before, 3 years ago. I think your parent got "con". Mine was like $3.6K, still can nego. If you wanna the dental clinic, pm me.
Life is short, Play hard!!
Practise makes perfect. If nobody is perfect, why practise?

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Vooth
  • Premium member
    Vooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yah 5k too high, I saw those mini-implants ad, also abt 3.5k per tooth...

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i think i spend 4k plus...

the rate is about there either slightly below or above 4k

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Agentwilson
  • Premium member
    Agentwilson
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i'm on a maryland bridge now.
tinking of doing implants.

bro Jamstart, do PM me ur clinic

what matters our creative endless toil...

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Price should be S$3000-S$3500 per tooth and got a few brands.
I am not sure where is reliable and the types of brands, plus the dentist skill.
Heard can use up to S$900 medisave.

I am still pondering..... need more bro/sis to feedback.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I did 2 implant at one go. No doubt that it helps if you lost most of your teeth. One thing for sure it is very dependance on the doc skill. Heard too many story about implant and it can be damn scary. Luckily mine turn out to be ok.
And yes, for tooth implant, you can use your medisave but not so sure how much, but at least more than 1k+. Besides, you will entitle at least 3 day mc. sly.gif

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Recent check with a private clinic is max S$900 only for medisave.
Good to hear got 3 days MC.

PM me the dentist address and also the implant brand. Thanks.....

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Implant too expensive for me, i lost most of my tooth and on friend recommendation, I went to JB.

Root canal + crowning = RM1,000 (4 sessions) - inclusive of x-ray etc. no additional chage.

So far so good, checked prices around SG is around $1,500.
Next i wanna do bridging, cost around RM1,500.

Asked the doc, he say he dont do implant.

MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

Novestel
  • Novestel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

For bridging, it would need to grind down the adjacent tooth of the affected tooth in order to fit and secure it ?

Edited by Novestel, 11 January 2010 - 03:16 PM.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

Alechi
  • Alechi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

$5K super Ex. but it is usually a few $K per implant. normal rates
do shop around for quotes

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes dats right.....if not cannot fit properly.. smile.gif

so far my crown is working well, don't even feel that theres a crown there.
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

you guys are tough man!

i think about going to dentist, my balls shrink wacko.gif blink.gif blush.gif

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

wear denture lah. save money.

for tooth implant, if someone punches ur face, broke ur teeth, will the implant be hazard?

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The implant is about the tooth, not your balls lah. tongue.gif Not related de.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

Corny02
  • Corny02
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi..bro...can u pls pm me the clinic?? and the detail..thank you...

Yes, I did mine before, 3 years ago. I think your parent got "con". Mine was like $3.6K, still can nego. If you wanna the dental clinic, pm me.
[/quote]

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Denture is cheap, no doubt about it but for long period, it will misfit and cause alot of problem. Implant can last you 10s over years, no problem at all.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I must admit that I have a mouth of lousy teeth, dunno can blame it on gene or not. tongue.gif I had most of the dental related surgical done on my mouth, crowning, implant, root canel, you name it. My mouth alone can already cost me more than 10k liao. biggrin.gif Just one this I have not done yet, that is the golden tooth.biggrin.gif

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

Ngck
  • Premium member
    Ngck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

lol... just listening to you guys, my balls shrink already....

growing old sucks
People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

Vextan
  • Vextan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i was quoted 3k+ and have to undergo 3 sessions. however, preserving a tooth is priceless.
There is only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showing off.

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Dental, implant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users