Dental implant

Header

after they screwed the nail into ur gum, they dont attach the crown immediately right? den how? how to close up that gap for the time being?

i dont want to caught toothless...i intend to see my dentist this monday for dental implant....

↡ Advertisement

same same...i just did my wisdom tooth extraction yesterday....luckily no need op...but the pulling was scary...haha..

cost me 250 for the upper one...need to do the lower one soon....hai~~

you kena cheated liaoz...

i did top and bottom for only $650...

top was done only $50...

Neutral Newbie

after they screwed the nail into ur gum, they dont attach the crown immediately right? den how? how to close up that gap for the time being?

i dont want to caught toothless...i intend to see my dentist this monday for dental implant....

I did mine recently, once the dentist put the insert into ur gum, they will let it settle for abt 3 mth after that then they put false teeth.

My insert was in Dec 2010 and the false tooth in Mar 2011, in between use denture. And its 3.5K per implant.

Edited by Alghojo

I did mine recently, once the dentist put the insert into ur gum, they will let it settle for abt 3 mth after that then they put false teeth.

My insert was in Dec 2010 and the false tooth in Mar 2011, in between use denture. And its 3.5K per implant.

1 stupid question...

can describe the pain when they screw in the screw into the gum [sweatdrop]

you guys are tough man!

i think about going to dentist, my balls shrink :blink:[blush]

[laugh][laugh] same here! if not for my wisdom that i did not pulled out my teeth would be perfect!now ineed 2 inplant! if only i can used my medisave fully i could inplant all my teeth! [bigcry][bigcry]

The place is

Yang Dental Surgery

34-A Jalahn Harimau Tarum

Taman Century,

80250 Johor Bahru.

Its the shop house opposite Plaza Pelangi, the building next to Esso station. The clinic is located at the 2nd floor, look bit run down but its ok. They open everyday except sun. Entertain walk in also.

even the name of the road sibei scary! [bigcry][bigcry]

It's normally at the range of 3.5k - 6k depends on what clinic you go. Try those Glen- E or famous one sure quote you very high.

I did mine 2 years back and that was the right lower inner one. I felt useless as that particular time I had a terrible tooth ache, and the dentist "recommend" me for the implant. Medisave fully covered but I spent around 4.2k for 4 session.

If it's really not necessary, I advise you to tell your mom, forget about this, it's painful not for one time, but many times. Especially when they gonna "saw" your old tooth and drill the hole for the implant one.........they feelings............. EEErieee

Just my 2 cents worth! [rolleyes]

Anyone did dental/ tooth implant before?

My parents want to do it. But it is not cheap at $5k per tooth.

Know of anywhere that is cheaper but reliable too?

Edited by Shor

you kena cheated liaoz...

i did top and bottom for only $650...

top was done only $50...

bro depend on how the tooth grow! if it grew mormally u just need tooth extraction at normal rates but if grows sideway thengoodluck to you. my 1st wisdom tooth grew sideway and had to do operation that cost me 450sgd at GH and the painkiller was only panadol. the next 1 was at aprivte clinic that cost me 350sgd and the painkiilers were wonderful. i was given 1 week mc for both wisdom tooth [thumbsup][thumbsup]

It's normally at the range of 3.5k - 6k depends on what clinic you go. Try those Glen- E or famous one sure quote you very high.

I did mine 2 years back and that was the right lower inner one. I felt useless as that particular time I had a terrible tooth ache, and the dentist "recommend" me for the implant. Medisave fully covered but I spent around 4.2k for 4 session.

If it's really not necessary, I advise you to tell your mom, forget about this, it's painful not for one time, but many times. Especially when they gonna "saw" your old tooth and drill the hole for the implant one.........they feelings............. EEErieee

Just my 2 cents worth! [rolleyes]

dont scare us lei! [bigcry][bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

1 stupid question...

i did the insertion of implant into the jawbone 2 months back.. no pain at all for me... another few more months of healing, the dentist will proceed to fix the abutment onto the implant and then they will built the replacement teeth onto the abutment..

the insertion of the implant took less than 10 mins.. i went to Le MinT's at east coast road... they even place a headphone over you and play some smooth music to help u feel calm while they goes about doing the implant ....

Bro sorry if I frightened you guys. But really huh, I suffered and thanks it's all over!! The drilling is very unbearable, even with the anesthetic the pressure of the drilling is terrible!!!

I choose to Boh Gey rather than to implant again!!! [laugh]

And yes, I put on my ipod when they drill!

dont scare us lei! [bigcry][bigcry]

Edited by Shor

Twincharged

got a split tooth two days ago and called up the new dental insurance policy that i bought ... but unfortunately must be inforce for 3 months than can apply to claim ....

anyway, still went to the dentist that the insurance recommended ... and since there was no pain the doc adv me to bear with it for another 2 weeks until my policy can be enforced then go back to him again.

my lower premolar has split into 20% and 80% ... the 20% part is shaky and might fall off anytime. although the 80% part is still embedded in the gum, the doc still told me it had to be extracted and offered me 2 options - platinum bridge @ $2400 or implant @ $4120.

after reading so many things on the net, i am wondering why the dentist told me the downtime for am implant is abt 6 weeks only ?? he told me after extraction wait for 1 mth for the healing stage, then go back again for the screw implant. then maybe a week or two can fix the abutmen and tooth liow ??

that dental insurance...i think ace insurance called me before...how much can u claim a year? i think i will buy such insurance as my teeth is naturally weak.

for the implant...i read from web its 6 weeks to 3 mths to fuse w bone.

that dental insurance...i think ace insurance called me before...how much can u claim a year? i think i will buy such insurance as my teeth is naturally weak.

for the implant...i read from web its 6 weeks to 3 mths to fuse w bone.

useless one, can only claim annual limit $1.5k... yearly premium $435.60...

so many restrictions, might as well dun buy. major surgey only claim up to 80% or up to annual limit of $1.5k which ever is lower. pui!

bro depend on how the tooth grow! if it grew mormally u just need tooth extraction at normal rates but if grows sideway thengoodluck to you. my 1st wisdom tooth grew sideway and had to do operation that cost me 450sgd at GH and the painkiller was only panadol. the next 1 was at aprivte clinic that cost me 350sgd and the painkiilers were wonderful. i was given 1 week mc for both wisdom tooth [thumbsup][thumbsup]

then GH is lousy.. i went to KTPH.. their painkiller is superb! 24hr acting one... no pain at all during extraction.. din' even need to eat painkiller.

Each individual's dental problems are different and hence you might get different quotes for more labour work to be done.

Some tooth loss is due to simply a bad rotting tooth, but there are cases where tooth loss is due to plague problem(very common) which errodes the gum lining or medically called, "bone loss". Think of the gum as the foundation of the tooth getting more and more shallow because the plague is attacking your gums.

In the latter case situtaion, the dentist will have to

1) extract the bad tooth, if needed, there might been stitches.

2) Allow the stitches to heal.

3) Make dental mould of your bite. So that they can send to the manufacturer to make the tooth

4) Insert the implant screw into your jaw bone.

5)Top up the surrounding "shallow" gum with artificial bone inplants to raise the gum lining(if you don't do that, you will see an ugly gap between the implant screw and your new tooth.

6) Allow the new bone inplants to heal and harden

7) Screw in your new artificial tooth

You will be inconvenienced for about 1-2 months.

If you get a good dentist, then the procedure is relatively painless. Having said all that, always practice good dental hygiene, invest in a good electronic toothbrush and visit your dentist every 3-6 months.

Nina

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

1 stupid question...

Frankly, no pain even after the insertion process. My implant is at 1 of my front tooth.

↡ Advertisement