Dental implant

Header

i went for another dental implant this monday and gotten 5 days MC lol.

its not painful but the whle procedure was intense cause u can hear n feel the drill.

its my second implant.

↡ Advertisement

feeling the drill on your tooth to make hole for filling and drilling into your gum and bone are different feeling. but overall, not painful, can eat after ops.

Neutral Newbie

Could any kind soul pm me the contact of the dental clinic that can claim full amount from medisave? I need to do an implant soon. Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Guys, this thread is almost 3 years old, inflation might have set in and prices is different now..

I was just quoted $5k plus for implant, $2k plus for bridging, and $750 for crowning at Q&M.

Can share with me rates of others? I dun mind even going to JB if it's cheap and good!

Supercharged

Guys, this thread is almost 3 years old, inflation might have set in and prices is different now..

I was just quoted $5k plus for implant, $2k plus for bridging, and $750 for crowning at Q&M.

Can share with me rates of others? I dun mind even going to JB if it's cheap and good!

that alphabet company cut throat one lah... check out with other clinic...

Turbocharged
(edited)

Bro, try Victoria Dental.

i done my root canal and crowning (S$1500) by the owner of the company (Dr kelvin Quek).

I would say he is very patient and more chin chai than many dentist when im searching for one.

he got 3 branches. Marina, Rivervale and Punggol. he run around the 3 branches. Try to catch him where he is available.

Consultant charge S$16. I didnt pay for it. He waiive it and only charge me for the X-ray around S$20 on my very 1st visit. No hardsell. he will give you all the quotation and let u think about it.

His prices are almost simliar or cheaper than Aunty lucy (for my case).

Aunty Lucy dental many freelances. Just dont like it. Every fuccckk thing also charge.

Just a few mins of consultant, charge me around S$30+.

Edited by Mcf777

Neutral Newbie

Bro, try Victoria Dental.

i done my root canal and crowning (S$1500) by the owner of the company (Dr kelvin Quek).

I would say he is very patient and more chin chai than many dentist when im searching for one.

he got 3 branches. Marina, Rivervale and Punggol. he run around the 3 branches. Try to catch him where he is available.

Consultant charge S$16. I didnt pay for it. He waiive it and only charge me for the X-ray around S$20 on my very 1st visit. No hardsell. he will give you all the quotation and let u think about it.

His prices are almost simliar or cheaper than Aunty lucy (for my case).

Aunty Lucy dental many freelances. Just dont like it. Every fuccckk thing also charge.

Just a few mins of consultant, charge me around S$30+.

Thanks bro!

Any guys got good reviews with clinics at JB? My friend told me of one famous one at Queen's(huang hou), prices just slightly cheaper than Sg, e.g root canal sg is SGD $1500, they charge about RM$2K. But heard lead time is quite long..

Thanks bro!

Any guys got good reviews with clinics at JB? My friend told me of one famous one at Queen's(huang hou), prices just slightly cheaper than Sg, e.g root canal sg is SGD $1500, they charge about RM$2K. But heard lead time is quite long..

RM2000 versus SGD1500 is not considered slightly cheaper .. that is about 50% cheaper...

good that you are willing to share such lobang for such overseas treatment

we shall heed advice to go to boleh land if we cannot afford the medical bills here.. [:/]

Neutral Newbie

RM2000 versus SGD1500 is not considered slightly cheaper .. that is about 50% cheaper...

good that you are willing to share such lobang for such overseas treatment

we shall heed advice to go to boleh land if we cannot afford the medical bills here.. [:/]

Eh.. He just quoted me an example.. But I'm not sure of the actual price yet...

• Praise 1

The place is

Yang Dental Surgery

34-A Jalahn Harimau Tarum

Taman Century,

80250 Johor Bahru.

Its the shop house opposite Plaza Pelangi, the building next to Esso station. The clinic is located at the 2nd floor, look bit run down but its ok. They open everyday except sun. Entertain walk in also.

This is also my sis frd hubby went to get his tooths fix.....she recommended me just last week..place is not as nice n neat like those posh private but skill wise is [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Anyone heard of mini dental implants? Understand it's much cheaper than conventional implants.

Does it last that long or any drawbacks vs conventional implants?

Feedback n comments most appreciated.

Thank you!

• Praise 4

Yes, I did mine before, 3 years ago. I think your parent got "con". Mine was like $3.6K, still can nego. If you wanna the dental clinic, pm me.

Hi Jamstart, the post is quite a while ago. But would like to check anyway. Would you kindly PM the dental clinic detail? TIA!!!

• Praise 1

I did mine recently, once the dentist put the insert into ur gum, they will let it settle for abt 3 mth after that then they put false teeth.

My insert was in Dec 2010 and the false tooth in Mar 2011, in between use denture. And its 3.5K per implant.

Alghojo, can pm me where you did the implant? how has it been? It was properly done, still going strong?

Neutral Newbie

My wife just did 2 implants with 4 tooth bridge + bone graft for about $11k. Did it at http://www.b9dental.com clementi branch by Dr Raymond lim.

If just 1 implant alone, should be less than $4k. Can claim medisave and pay by stages. Whole procedure finished in 9mths. Bone graft recovery alone took 3 mths.

Call them n make an appointment for quotation. I remember 1st appointment he spent 1.5hrs just discussing what options we have and stuff. They also have 3d scan that cost $70+ or 80+ only.

• Praise 1

Hi peeps! This thread is so back-dated, will like to seek your latest update on dental implants.

I had my decayed tooth removed few years back at a clinic in bedok and they told me i need implants, i was hesitant as it was so expensive! They told me it will be $4K to $5K for each implant, and that i needed two.......  -_-

I called the NDCS at SGH, the waiting time is about 3 months for the surgery. They said if i get a referral letter from polyclinic, i will get subsidized rate for consultation only. Implant no subsidy at all. So i called another one..... 

KTPH seem friendlier, surgery waiting time about 2 weeks. Medisave claimable is less than 1K. They said whether or not i get a referral letter from polyclinic, i will still be charged 'private' rates as dental implants are seen as 'cosmetic' and will not be subsidized. 

(that's crap gov policy, who uses dentures these days?!). 

Question, if rates are not subsidized, should i go to a dental hospital or a dental clinic? I'm debating between Tropical Dental (Bedok) and KTPH (Khoo Teck Puat).

Anyone care to share?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1