Dental implant

Header

2 implants? Why not build a bridge? Cheaper.

Hi peeps! This thread is so back-dated, will like to seek your latest update on dental implants.

I had my decayed tooth removed few years back at a clinic in bedok and they told me i need implants, i was hesitant as it was so expensive! They told me it will be $4K to $5K for each implant, and that i needed two.......  -_-

I called the NDCS at SGH, the waiting time is about 3 months for the surgery. They said if i get a referral letter from polyclinic, i will get subsidized rate for consultation only. Implant no subsidy at all. So i called another one..... 

KTPH seem friendlier, surgery waiting time about 2 weeks. Medisave claimable is less than 1K. They said whether or not i get a referral letter from polyclinic, i will still be charged 'private' rates as dental implants are seen as 'cosmetic' and will not be subsidized. 

(that's crap gov policy, who uses dentures these days?!). 

Question, if rates are not subsidized, should i go to a dental hospital or a dental clinic? I'm debating between Tropical Dental (Bedok) and KTPH (Khoo Teck Puat).

Anyone care to share?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 implants? Why not build a bridge? Cheaper.

I went to a dentist some years back and they say bridging not so effective for me.. so it seems implant is expensive but more durable?

I went to a dentist some years back and they say bridging not so effective for me.. so it seems implant is expensive but more durable?

There is a clinic called Oliver Dental Surgery at Tanjong Katong Road and another branch at Camden MC. They do mini dental implants which are cheaper. Dr Oliver claims mini dental implants have been used in the US for a very long time already but some dentists claim mini dental implants are not strong enough. You can check this out as an alternative but I'm not sure who is telling the truth??

• Praise 5

was told that implant cost around 3k few years back when extract out my unable to save teeth, As that dentist is unable to perform implant, he told me to visit gov hospital like SGH to made appointment. I hate to visit hosiptal due to long waiting time.

Current new dental clinic I has visited is able to do implant but charged 4.5k. Thought price has been increased. Charged me $150 for CT scan and currently waiting for review.

Just check MOH website and realized many clinic charge lesser than that. some CT scan is even FOC.

Any idea why the price range is thousand of $ apart? There is no control on price range? ty

• Praise 1

was told that implant cost around 3k few years back when extract out my unable to save teeth, As that dentist is unable to perform implant, he told me to visit gov hospital like SGH to made appointment. I hate to visit hosiptal due to long waiting time.

Current new dental clinic I has visited is able to do implant but charged 4.5k. Thought price has been increased. Charged me $150 for CT scan and currently waiting for review.

Just check MOH website and realized many clinic charge lesser than that. some CT scan is even FOC.

Any idea why the price range is thousand of $ apart? There is no control on price range? ty

Last time medical association issued a price range, some govt agency stepped in saying it is anti-competitive.....

Edited by Kusje

when TS start the post, it is 5k back in 6 years ago. Any idea does price increase or decrease along the years?

For lasik surgery, it use to be quiet expensive when it just came out. Along the years, it has dropped to $2k only. Not sure does Implant follow the same direction.

Now I am not sure should I forgo the $150 pay for the CT scan to look for other dentist that charge cheaper. Not sure is there any "hidden cost" for those that charge cheaper.

Edited by Axela72

when TS start the post, it is 5k back in 6 years ago. Any idea does price increase or decrease along the years?

For lasik surgery, it use to be quiet expensive when it just came out. Along the years, it has dropped to $2k only. Not sure does Implant follow the same direction.

Now I am not sure should I forgo the $150 pay for the CT scan to look for other dentist that charge cheaper. Not sure is there any "hidden cost" for those that charge cheaper.

Dental implants are around 5k now before Medisave which you can withdraw about 1+k. 

Brand and quality of implants affects cost.  So do your due diligence.

Dental implants are around 5k now before Medisave which you can withdraw about 1+k. 

Can get implants done for around 3.8k - 4k - well known implant brands, before medisave deduction of 1k.

Hi peeps! This thread is so back-dated, will like to seek your latest update on dental implants.

I had my decayed tooth removed few years back at a clinic in bedok and they told me i need implants, i was hesitant as it was so expensive! They told me it will be $4K to $5K for each implant, and that i needed two.......  -_-

I called the NDCS at SGH, the waiting time is about 3 months for the surgery. They said if i get a referral letter from polyclinic, i will get subsidized rate for consultation only. Implant no subsidy at all. So i called another one..... 

KTPH seem friendlier, surgery waiting time about 2 weeks. Medisave claimable is less than 1K. They said whether or not i get a referral letter from polyclinic, i will still be charged 'private' rates as dental implants are seen as 'cosmetic' and will not be subsidized. 

(that's crap gov policy, who uses dentures these days?!). 

Question, if rates are not subsidized, should i go to a dental hospital or a dental clinic? I'm debating between Tropical Dental (Bedok) and KTPH (Khoo Teck Puat).

Anyone care to share?

Do not waste your time with govt dental clinics, they cost the same or even higher than private dentists and you have to put up with all the long waits / appointment.

• Praise 1

So the below pricelist from MOH is not valid but come with hidden cost?

https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/costs_and_financing/Dental_Fee_Info/Implants_Per_Unit.html

Edited by Axela72

It's a list and excludes extraction.  MOH does not enforce pricing and prices an change.  That list is an invitation to treat and not a contractual offer.

Getting an orthodontist versus a general practitioner dentist also changes the costs involved. 

Did some research previously.

Implants cheapest I have heard is $2250. So many brands out there that I'm confused. but what i heard they are mostly the same.

Most govt hospitals charge $4-7k as govt does not subsidize implants. 

Also heard can use medisave to pay for implants of up to $1250 per implant. 

Town clinics are generally more expensive as well as those clinics that are part of big chains. guess there are higher running cost of marketting, rental etc etc. 

My rich friend went to Mt E Novena to get his implants placed at $6k each.  [angel]

Turbocharged

Anyone heard of mini dental implants? Understand it's much cheaper than conventional implants.

Does it last that long or any drawbacks vs conventional implants?

Feedback n comments most appreciated.

Thank you!

Did mine at O.... Dental along Katong road. Near Bak Kut Teh.. So far so good.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Ok thks for the feedback, its much cheaper right?

Traditional dentist frown on mini implants and apparently only this dentist or perhaps 1 other does it in whole of Singapore I'm told!!

He has an indon patient. Did whole mouth with mini implants. Apparently he saved a lot of $$$ compared to traditional implants.
  • Praise 1

I also read up on dental implants. I gathered that forummers also agree that gov hospitals implants prices are expensive, comparable with most clinics in HDB areas, at times even town areas, which is about $3-4K per implant before Medisave deduction.

Bright smile dentals seem to have good reviews so far and it's the cheapest. I'm going for it soon.

First of all, u need a consultation. Mini implants does not work for everyone. It's cheaper, but it's better to get it one time right then to worry about it later.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi peeps

I am also keen to do dental implant and was told I do not have bone, thus may need bone grafting. Anyone done that?

Any contact to share? Trustworthy dental surgeon?

Thanks much