Finally bought my new ride : Hyundai Avante

Khimwoon

hey.. the steering is progressive. Light during low speed and will become heavier as your speed increases. If you still find it too light, just ask KMC to change the steering to EURO setting during your first servicing. It's free hoh...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

yup compared with forte ex...

i love forte design... but the package kia given to me got a different of abt 3k compared to avante plus avante is confirmed coe but forte is 3 month 6 bid non confirmed...

hehe plus i love the pull in the avante manual pickup... opps... tat the deal sealer...

going to QF "quick flash" it when the car reaches 10k for more power !!! hehehe

Neutral Newbie

Congrats on ur new ride...

Me drivin auto for 2 yrs..so far so good..no major issue cept i find the springs

on the soft side..always wanted to chngeover to coilover but neber get it done..guess

more less settle down. [:)]

You shouldn't need to worry much about reliability.

My getz is 5 yrs old and it hasn't been to the workshop except for replacment of wear and tear items like belts, oils and fluids. I have no plans to change the car, but to drive it to 10 yrs. :D

w pl like you how SE to make $$$ [laugh][laugh]

but that should be the way [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

haha tough getz... my friends' getzs too not much prob...

my sunny is tough too... jus normal wear and tear replacement...

that why i love simple manual car... tough

so is it true that car after reaching 5yrs the trade in value will drop by a lot? cos mine also reaching 5 yrs. went to look ard, n the SEs said wanna change better b4 5 yrs if not value drop significantly.

Neutral Newbie

quite true is some sense but dont let it be the basis of change... i change before i also a bit bored of sunny...

hmm jackspeed saddle brown interior leather will look great for my white car... looking forward... going to leather wrap the steering and gear knob too...

bro, grats on your ride!

My first car is also an Avante, 3mths old liao .. haha ... yar, very smooth ride, quite silent. Pick up is also not too bad. In addition, quite a large boot space and the interior is quite large and very comfy .. Overall am quite impressed. I have sat in Vios., Altis and even Civic, and i find the Avante is quite value for money, wun really lose to those Honda or Toyota.

Problem now is that my FC quite bad, but maybe because car still new and not "run in" yet.... haiz..... and my car is white, too bz to wash regularly, sian, ... now maybe need to go groom my car ... zzzzz

Neutral Newbie

Wanted to get Avante also after sitting in my colleague's 3 year old Avante Auto.....I cant believed when he told the car is 3 years old.....still feels very smooth and quiet... :o :o

Wanted to get Avante also after sitting in my colleague's 3 year old Avante Auto.....I cant believed when he told the car is 3 years old.....still feels very smooth and quiet... :o :o

Even the Verna rides better than the bouncy Altis. [:p]

Dun know what's the fate of Jap cars 5 years down the road if they continue to be oblivious and complacent. [:|] Even Cherry / Geely may overtake Jap soon with their acquisitions of Ang Moh chias.

Edited by Kangadrool

testing time... Kia Forte first... due to the heavier weight... the moving off is sluggish... like my sunny... plenty of gadget to play with... chio design... but the attitude of the SE killed it... a take it or leave it attitude... i didnt wan to make a scene... quietly left Kia and went over to Hyundai...

Had exactly the same experience when I walked into a KIA showroom. KIA is now off my list. :angry:

Had exactly the same experience when I walked into a KIA showroom. KIA is now off my list. :angry:

My friend was looking to change car and we went to Kia showroom. Yeah..you have to go bang on someone before they attend to you.

The SE also didn't give my friend any freebies. Everything you want, there's a price you must pay.

Anyway he like the Forte, so he end up buying it.

In Komoco, usually the SE can give you some freebies, if you take loan and insurance from them.

Also, they tend to give higher trade-in value for your old car.

↡ Advertisement