Finally bought my new ride : Hyundai Avante

Khimwoon

Had exactly the same experience when I walked into a KIA showroom. KIA is now off my list. :angry:

I cannot stomach bad sales attitude.

I rather buy another car

↡ Advertisement

My friend was looking to change car and we went to Kia showroom. Yeah..you have to go bang on someone before they attend to you.

The SE also didn't give my friend any freebies. Everything you want, there's a price you must pay.

Anyway he like the Forte, so he end up buying it.

In Komoco, usually the SE can give you some freebies, if you take loan and insurance from them.

Also, they tend to give higher trade-in value for your old car.

Kia se thought they r same category as Toyota se?

Smug

yup...116% increase in sales year-on-year...

sell so much...just go showroom clock time lor...

the sales people there were sitting in a group just behind sales counter, talking to each other, even if there were people seeing the car...

2 ang moh were seeing the Koup, but nobody attended to them...that's how snobbish their attitude were...

but really, Forte is much more VFM car compared to Avante, hence the better sales...but Avante is still more comfortable due to Mcpherson rear suspension, as opposed to torsion rigid axles in the Forte...

both hard plastics though...

avante current model only factlift a little for 2008&2009 model.

cant compare to a new 2009 model kia.

wait for 2011 new launch of Avante, than u will have different review on Kia forte too.

i like forte, but interior look cheap to mi, with incus kit, the kia is juz like a complete car. got a koup at my place recently. 1 word, SWEE~!

but i still prefer my avante overall. going to introduce Incus kit as i found the lobang.

any bro looking for avante incus kit, PM mi. i got good deal for u. :)

I think it's bcoz Forte is selling well now.

This is the best time for them to capture more businesses and overtake the major jap brands.

and they chose to let it slip.

utterly stupid.

Neutral Newbie

chio chio body kit... the incus is wat i aiming too... on white the black contrast will look chio... but wash like mad... but worth it hahaha

can pm me wat the price? replica or real one? inclusive spray painting

for your infomation, Incus company has close down.

currently its all replica in the market.

FRP and ABS material only.

original comes in PU. most of the bodykit shop they impt FRP or ABS which is cheaper.

Neutral Newbie

bro, grats on your ride!

My first car is also an Avante, 3mths old liao .. haha ... yar, very smooth ride, quite silent. Pick up is also not too bad. In addition, quite a large boot space and the interior is quite large and very comfy .. Overall am quite impressed. I have sat in Vios., Altis and even Civic, and i find the Avante is quite value for money, wun really lose to those Honda or Toyota.

Problem now is that my FC quite bad, but maybe because car still new and not "run in" yet.... haiz..... and my car is white, too bz to wash regularly, sian, ... now maybe need to go groom my car ... zzzzz

Yo, my current 1st car is also an auto-gear avante after deciding hard whether i should get a car or not due to increasing coe. coming to 3mths too.

current mileage clocked is about 5k. so far my fc is about 12.5km/l (most of the time without air-con), 11km/l (most of the time with air-con on).

gentle driver. i am using nitrogen for tyres (based on my colleagues' advice) and had changed engine oil to lube-brand full-syn on 1st servicing (kia-sue sprirt). no other modifications made on the car (don't wish to over-invest on my 1st year with the car and p-plate..)

silver color w/ sun-roof, can tahan dirty. only washed 4 times so far. hee hee

value for $$$. so far have not regreted buying this car yet.

Neutral Newbie

Hyundai is cheapskate car la. :D Esp avante. Saw so many avante driven by chrapskate pple.but their behavior is like "I'm driving a luxury"car . Haha cmi.

Neutral Newbie

I cannot stomach bad sales attitude.

I rather buy another car

I don't know whats up with KIA SE but they seem not to be interested in potential sales..twice I went to the showroom on weekdays 3-4pm and the whole bunch was happily chatting and ignoring all the walk-in customers..needless to say I left without anyone serving me..

Edited by Waffenss

I don't know whats up with KIA SE but they seem not to be interested in potential sales..twice I went to the showroom on weekdays 3-4pm and the whole bunch was happily chatting and ignoring all the walk-in customers..needless to say I left without anyone serving me..

i have the same experience as u.

and after hearing you need to wait 6mths to get ur car, i didnt even bother to wait for someone to serve mi at that time.

Neutral Newbie

Hyundai is cheapskate car la. :D Esp avante. Saw so many avante driven by chrapskate pple.but their behavior is like "I'm driving a luxury"car . Haha cmi.

Interesting comment.

Care to elaborate on what makes you think they are "driving a luxury car"? [:)]

↡ Advertisement