Audi A5 Sportback

Elviskoh

you went to the leng kee one? You noticed the building facing the new alfa showroom with a lot of parked audis?

I asked the SE whether are they waiting for delivery, she said no. they're only test drive units

and there's a lot of them!! Their present showroom at leng kee is still quite small, hence they need valets for the test drives.

then can wait for clearance sales of the test drive cars ....... sure cheaper

↡ Advertisement

Yup, the Leng Kee one. Didn't know that fact you just mentioned though... My friends went for a test drive of the S4, in the end, 1 of them test drove my car instead! Hahaha! The queue was horrendous... 1hr+ for a S4 test drive, even though my friend has booked a test drive at a particular timing! :)

Saw the A5 4-door today. Looks too much like an A4 sedan, just slightly sleekier. Does not have curves that are shapelier than MB-CLS or VW Passat CC.

Turbocharged

Bumping this to ask;

do Premium A5 sportbacks from 2010 have reverse cam, sensors and adaptive/cornering headlamps? I know they have xenon plus but not sure if they come with adaptive feature.

• Praise 1

I only know the early A5 suspension is rather hard .

Bumping this to ask;

do Premium A5 sportbacks from 2010 have reverse cam, sensors and adaptive/cornering headlamps? I know they have xenon plus but not sure if they come with adaptive feature.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I only know the early A5 suspension is rather hard .

As long as it don't wind up making you feel like you're driving an A5 Soreback... [grin]

As long as it don't wind up making you feel like you're driving an A5 Soreback... [grin]

hahhaah maybe worst become A5 sorea55

• Praise 2

I had the A5 coupe back then and it did not come standard with reverse camera.

Bumping this to ask;

Hi bros and sis, hope you all don't mind digging up an old thread.

Am looking at the market for a 2013-2014 A5 Sportback 2.0 Quattro. Can any pros please advise me on what to expect in terms of maintenance costs?

Are the horror stories on Audi true?

What's the FC like?

Cause I'm comparing between A5, A6 and 520, 528 of the same age. 528 is slightly above my budget so now drawing my attention to the A5 SB.

Love the look after changing to RS grill and rims.

Just sold my F30 316.

Thank you in advance!

Wah xiaoming bro.. Sold ur 316 liao ah?

Haha

For audi.. Many problems. My workshop boss sold his A5 because he cannot tahan the downtime.. Repair n repair.

Haha bro Rayoflight ya la. I still loved the 316 kinda regreted selling it but backside really itchy.

I was told buy Audi must only buy the S-tronic Quattro and not the multi-tronic. S-tronic no problem/not so much problem etc.

So far all the horror stories I hear are from friend's friends etc but never really hear from someone else directly so thought of coming here to get more insights.

Cause I really love the look - Ai Sui Mai Mia [:p]

Haha bro Rayoflight ya la. I still loved the 316 kinda regreted selling it but backside really itchy.

I was told buy Audi must only buy the S-tronic Quattro and not the multi-tronic. S-tronic no problem/not so much problem etc.

So far all the horror stories I hear are from friend's friends etc but never really hear from someone else directly so thought of coming here to get more insights.

Cause I really love the look - Ai Sui Mai Mia [:p]

Seems like we got the same taste in cars.. I also itchy backside keep beoing the a5 sportback 2.0t and even a7 2.8/3.0t

But i go mod my car instead of letting the dealer kio pi.. The trade in price jin jialat

Look at the new a6 1.8t s-stronic going at same depre as old a5. Can consider sia

Haha same! I'm also looking at the A6 but theres just too many cars out there. Actually I chose A5 2.0T because of the Quattro. The new A6 if Quattro will be damn ex. A7 too ex for me cant afford [laugh]  

My budget is $16k depre.

Either the A6 or A5 SB, I need to find out more if the cars are really that problematic. If Audi is really as bad as they say, then maybe I settle for a preowned 528 with the same ZF GB

Haha same! I'm also looking at the A6 but theres just too many cars out there. Actually I chose A5 2.0T because of the Quattro. The new A6 if Quattro will be damn ex. A7 too ex for me cant afford [laugh]

My budget is $16k depre.

Either the A6 or A5 SB, I need to find out more if the cars are really that problematic. If Audi is really as bad as they say, then maybe I settle for a preowned 528 with the same ZF GB

Get the 520d with 6wb speedo (digital speedo) and mod hor yi si ah!

Insane torque!

Either the A6 or A5 SB, I need to find out more if the cars are really that problematic. If Audi is really as bad as they say, then maybe I settle for a preowned 528 with the same ZF GB

Multitronic = CVT

I don't think you can find it on A5 any variants since A5 is considered mid level in Audi range or slightly higher. You can find it in the older A4 1.8TFSI (B8).

S-Tronic = DSG transmission

Most of them are wet clutch so reliability shouldn't be a problem. But people tend to mix up Audi and VW easily and assume Audi is equally unreliable esp with its gearbox. I don't blame them. Also, the infamous VW dry 7 speed dual clutch transmission can be found in the current Audi range.. namely the A1 (correct me if I am wrong) and A3 sportback/sedan. 

So if I am looking for a model like A5 or A6, I wouldn't be too worried about the transmission  :D

That said.. BMW's ZF transmission or the Merc 7G-tronic (plus or no plus) also have minor reliability issues. See heng suay one.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1